PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: att

Noemie1984 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-Ordering 2morrow w/ Sprint for Discount

Sprint site says it won't ship for 2 weeks though. Does anyone know if you can order online at the apple store if you're a new Sprint customer?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Bonbons is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noemie1984 View Post
Sprint site says it won't ship for 2 weeks though. Does anyone know if you can order online at the apple store if you're a new Sprint customer?
New customers have to buy it at the apple store, I think that's for Sprint only. Or you can wait and buy it online from Sprint.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 PM
N00b

What about reserving it online and picking it up at the apple store. I saw that new sprint customers could do that. Would you still be eligible for the discount?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If I were you, I would wait to get the iPhone on Sprint's network. They are definitely seeing an impact of the users and data on their network and are working with Apple to resolve the wide spread slow data speeds seen by their iPhone users.

9to5mac.com - Sprint and Apple working on fixing slow data speeds, Apple Store glitches
Old 11-01-2011, 10:48 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If I were you, I would wait to get the iPhone on Sprint's network. They are definitely seeing an impact of the users and data on their network and are working with Apple to resolve the wide spread slow data speeds seen by their iPhone users.

9to5mac.com - Sprint and Apple working on fixing slow data speeds, Apple Store glitches
Good point... It's tough to wait any longer though. On another note, do you guys think that Siri is worth the extra $100?? kinda strapped for cash and thinking of just getting the 4 on Sprint since IOS5 will come with it.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I don't have a 4S, so while I have IOS 5, I don't have Siri. Therefore, I cannot really say how much it is worth having or how much I would actually use it if I did have it.

FWIW, I also just bought two more iPhone 4 phones from Verizon and they both came with 4.2.10 on them; I had to upgrade them to 5.0 once I got back to the office. Not sure if Sprint's will be the same, but it's a strong possibility.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Siri is mostly entertainment IMO and moderately useful in certain situations (Calendar for me) but I don't use it a ton. Honestly, I feel like a goof randomly talking to my phone. RF would be the person to tell you if the difference is worth it (assuming he has played with a 4S). My first foray into the iPhone world is the 4S so I don't have much to compare it with besides an iPod Touch and it is certainly more impressive then that. If strapped for cash though I don't see how you could go wrong from what RF and others say that have them.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM
N00b

RF - thanks for clarifying that the phones didn't come with the upgrade. Maybe it'll be different on Sprint either way it's not a big deal to install it. After much consideration I think I'll go with the 4 and then use my early upgrade on an iphone 5 or 5S (speculating that this will be the name ...) when it comes out. By that time Siri will be much improved and hopefully bug free based on all the feedback from early users.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Curve
Carrier: Sprint

BigBlue32 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I am thinking about getting an iphone, just not sold yet.
I think a lot of people are giving in now. Idk about w/ Sprint though. I heard they're slow.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dell
Carrier: at&t

magsbrown is a n00b

has anyone used the deal via student rate recently??
is it still valid??

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions