PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW Iphone in January?

I am a little confused by AT&T's unprecedented move to allow customers to upgrade to the iPhone 4 up to 6 months ealry. What could the incentive for this possibly be if their contract wasn't going to expire sometime before the holiday? Anyhow, I imagine that the contract renewal rumors around the iPad release are true and that the origianl AT&T/Apple 5 year contract has infact been renegotiated; til when, will have to wait and see.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
ATT already have white & black iPhone 4s, so this is obviously not true.
actually ATT doesn't have white. apparently its "too difficult" for apple to handle manufacturing white
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/a...lf-of-july-mo/
Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
A few months back, Sprint said they are going with WiMax, but their system could be switched to LTE with very little effort. Looks like they are hedging their bets. If it is that easy, sounds smart to me.
what always confused me though, if it's so easy, why didn't they just go with LTE in the first place?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
They been talking about this for years, its just hype. The only way it can happen is if ATT lets them break the contract and I don't see that happening without VZW giving some serious $$$ to ATT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
no wolf cry this time. We have several reps already using the iphone for test devices
there have been MANY reports stating that Apple and ATT have renegotiated the contract to allow a CDMA version. Courtney works for VZW and wouldn't lie about something like this, so I'm willing to be we see the iPhone on vzw soon.

also: check out this bloomberg report http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html

Last edited by orangekid; 06-30-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
actually ATT doesn't have white. apparently its "too difficult" for apple to handle manufacturing white
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/23/a...lf-of-july-mo/

word, didn't see that, lol.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT

Quote:
word, didn't see that, lol.
ya when i read that i was like what... Spray paint works miracles lol.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

My apologies if I posted this to the wrong place. Don't now where I posted it as I thought I had put it in the iphone/ipod forum.

This report seems to be confirmed as I saw it reported on national news this morning and they were not saying unconfirmed reports, they were saying that the iphone WILL be sold by Verizon starting in January.

Actually, I dont care, I've had an iphone, I've used WinMo for ten years and recently switched to Android. I'm liking where I am and will be staying there. My only purpose for the post was for information and to inform.

R
Old 06-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
there have been MANY reports stating that Apple and ATT have renegotiated the contract to allow a CDMA version. Courtney works for VZW and wouldn't lie about something like this, so I'm willing to be we see the iPhone on vzw soon.

also: check out this bloomberg report http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...clusivity.html
I guess we'll find out in 6 months. ATT must've got something for renegotiating the contract like that, I don't think they did it out of kindness. Maybe Apple promised that ATT will have a 3-6 month exclusivity on new iphones before any other carrier. That could explain why VZW is getting it so much later plus a few months later they'll be an iphone 5.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I guess we'll find out in 6 months. ATT must've got something for renegotiating the contract like that, I don't think they did it out of kindness. Maybe Apple promised that ATT will have a 3-6 month exclusivity on new iphones before any other carrier. That could explain why VZW is getting it so much later plus a few months later they'll be an iphone 5.
probably something like that.

check out: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/06/30/u...zw-in-january/
Old 06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What, they still manufacture this iPhone brand? I thought it was out of business cause no one uses it...:P

Also for the 6month thing..if those ppl cancel they pay 2x the ETF fee...my guess is it will come to verizon and others...because at this rate, Apple is loosing out to Android, discussion aside on which is better..being on 1 network hurts their sales at this point...

Not to mention, ever since money was made on the appstore..and introduction of iAds..apple probably wants to reach as many people as possible..rather then simply making money off sales and % of contract.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions