PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: Using iphone as a modem to surf the internet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkionMarnot View Post
Oh boy CM, when they catch you.....

Anyhoo, I'd love to have that as I did when I had my Mogul then TP. But tehering on iPhone probably burns the battery more, and I can't afford replacing my iPhone 1 year in. But as you said CM, it's great in a pinch.
If I am not mistaken they don't see it as tethering, they just see it as browsing the web with the iPhone. I did some more looking into the other day.
And with an unlimited data plan, they can't really say anything with how much somebody uses it.
I never noticed it draining the battery, cause I always used it via the USB option which would also charge it while it's plugged to the computer.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using iphone as a modem to surf the internet...

They can and WILL monitor your data activity through "packets"

"Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)"

Just like above you can see someone submitted a post using the iphone browser right??? So what's stopping at&t from filtering desktop browsers on their network??? BELOW

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; pl-PL; rv:1.9.0.2) Gecko/20121223 Ubuntu/9.25 (jaunty) Firefox/3.8

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions