PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Oh i get it...this is another bash android thread.
You guys always make sure of it!

Members take note!!

Never even hint that you aren't an Android fan! Or else!
I guess it is Blasphemy!!!
Relax horn i could easily bash you for running outdated winmo but i wont. seems like the cool thing these days to bash android.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Google Is Watching You

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

Relax horn i could easily bash you for running outdated winmo but i wont. seems like the cool thing these days to bash android.
And sad part is I actually still use winmo daily >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
While Google might be watching you..CIQ is not Google, it is installed by the carriers.
I checked my Telus Galaxy S II X with the utility written by TrevE and it was not present. So not all carriers are doing it.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Not really, Android is open source, anyone can do anything they want. They don't benefit anything from it. Its like saying the Fascinate loads up Bing instead of Google, Google must know about it thus they must benefit lol...you get the logic fail here? In case of Apple though I can't exactly say but considering its a closed platform Apple must have approved it in some shape or form.

The Good thing about Android though is we can remove it.

P.S. The Google Nexus phones which are controlled by Google do not have Carrier-IQ.

And how do you know WM is not monitoring you? see thats the thing abut closed source, you never know whats inside ..this is why Carrier-IQ was found on Android first and removed from Android first..cause when you have the source code you are in control.

Before you get excited, Carrier-IQ is inside WP7 too.
Nope. Microsoft's Joe Belfiore confirms no Carrier IQ software on Windows Phones | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post

@fixxxer2008
WP7 gets bashed far more than android does. just sayin
Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I just want to chime in and say its CARRIERS that put in CIQ, not google, not HTC, but the Carriers. And quite Frankly its mostly SPRINT!

My two cents.

Oh and I love Android, iPhone, WinMo, WP7 and Blackberry. I love it all!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-03-2011, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II X (Hercules)
Carrier: Telus

Touch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good workTouch_Pete is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Touch_Pete Send a message via Skype™ to Touch_Pete

Checked a friends Bell Galaxy S II and it was not present there either.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I just want to chime in and say its CARRIERS that put in CIQ, not google, not HTC, but the Carriers. And quite Frankly its mostly SPRINT!

My two cents.

Oh and I love Android, iPhone, WinMo, WP7 and Blackberry. I love it all!

LOL... That must be the reason Sprint charges the "premium data" fee for their newer android (and winmo too) phones. I've gone back throug my bills and I used considerably more data on my TP2 than I do on my EVO.

Just an interesting thought...

Have any of you ever had a tech or know of a tech look at the CIQ data to solve a problem? I doubt it.

I think it DOES have to do with Google. Googles interest in Android is financial and their way of making money is based on information. The more information Google can obtain, catalog, and use, the more money they make.

Its going to be very interesting to follow how this pans out.

David

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
LOL... That must be the reason Sprint charges the "premium data" fee for their newer android (and winmo too) phones. I've gone back throug my bills and I used considerably more data on my TP2 than I do on my EVO.
There is no premium data fee for winmo phones..do you mean wp7 phones? that is not winmo...

Quote:
Just an interesting thought...

Have any of you ever had a tech or know of a tech look at the CIQ data to solve a problem? I doubt it.
We had information about CIQ for over a year already...our Epics had CIQ and devs(ACS) looked into it and had it removed 1-2 months after the Epic came out.

Effectively by default its off, but the carrier can switch it on remotely...it can theoretically monitor all data

Quote:
I think it DOES have to do with Google. Googles interest in Android is financial and their way of making money is based on information. The more information Google can obtain, catalog, and use, the more money they make.

Its going to be very interesting to follow how this pans out.

David
Google has nothing to do with it... hence why the Nexus Google phones don't have CIQ...If Google wanted to do something like this, they don't need companies like CIQ, they could just build it into Android...(if they wanted to)...see Google has their own development team and they can make whatever they want, Carriers like Sprint and AT&T on the other hand dn't have developers so they hire people like CIQ and others to make apps for them.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

What ever happened to "the fuzzy one"? :>))
(1st post in months... sorry couldn't resist.... lol)
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
What ever happened to "the fuzzy one"? :>))
(1st post in months... sorry couldn't resist.... lol)
I am still "The Fuzzy One" lol :/..what do you mean?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion