PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
sending mp3 in a txt?

how do I do this? with wm it was easy, but I can't select it as an attachment in android.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nokia
Carrier: airtel

kadhababu is a n00b
Re: sending mp3 in a txt?

When you send an sms text message from your cellphone to another cellphone, often there's no option to add an attachment. If there is, simply attach your MP3 to your text message and send it. If not, you can still send the MP3 as a text message, but in an email. All service providers offer a free gateway address that will allow you to send an email as an sms text message. You just need to know the gateway address to the phone you're sending your message to.

Instructions
1. Open your Internet browser on your computer and log in to your email.

2. Compose a new message and attach an MP3 file to it. In order to attach a file, you click on the paperclip (this is the attach icon), and double-click on the files you want to attach. You can attach more than one file, but your attachments aren't unlimited. The number of files you can attach depends on the size of each file. Your email will only support so much attachment space.

3. Send the message to a cellphone. To send the email as an sms, you have to send the message to the cellphone's gateway address. Your service provider offers a gateway address for free. Consult your user's manual to find your gateway address. All phones require you to enter the phone number you're sending the message to, and then the gateway address. For example, to send to a Verizon phone, you would send your email to (10-digit phone number)@vtext.com. Sprint is (10-digit phone number)@messaging.sprintpcs.com and Alltel is (10-digit phone number)@message.alltel.com. The link in the "References" section lists all the major gateway addresses.

4. Open the message on your cell phone and download the attachment. Your MP3 will now be saved to your cell phone
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Doesn't work with android to add mp3 as attachment thru sms. I can add anything else even a doc. I did the gateway thing and I pick at 150kbi got an instant reply from server dating file too large. Provider has size restrictions. Failed to deliver. Sprint has a 5mb limit and it should've went thru. Already tried these options. With my windows mobile 6.1-6.5 phone I could add an mp3 as attachment in sms and send it to a basic non-smartphone and it would go.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

If I open file explorer and select file for send I get the option to send sms, when msg app opens it is not there.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Have you tried zipping it then sending?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Have you tried zipping it then sending?
+1 on zipping
Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I give up. A non-smartphone won't ZIP. It will accept an mms that has "voice file" aka an mp3 file or if you choose to send a voice recording. It could be a regular flip phone that only had wap service even http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...ryDemosSection could recieve the mms from a windows mobile 6+ device. Honestly am I the only one that knows this? I just want my android to perform the same trick.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:53 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
I give up. A non-smartphone won't ZIP. It will accept an mms that has "voice file" aka an mp3 file or if you choose to send a voice recording. It could be a regular flip phone that only had wap service even http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...ryDemosSection could recieve the mms from a windows mobile 6+ device. Honestly am I the only one that knows this? I just want my android to perform the same trick.
Try hancent sms..if that doesn't work.. just log into sprints mms via browser and send it there....
Old 07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Try hancent sms..if that doesn't work.. just log into sprints mms via browser and send it there....
Haven't tried logging in to sprint yet. I don't know how to use the stock msg app, been using handcent since I made the jump to android over a year ago.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion