PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

flashburn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't clear Mail data!

I'm having a problem where the Android Mail application is showing 150+ MB of Data, even though I have tried both deleting all my emails and even the accounts themselves. With the email application completely empty it is still taking up 150+ MB. The "Clear Data" option is greyed out for me. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts, as I'm basically out of space between this and the other applications that can't be moved to the SD card.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

flashburn is a n00b
Re: Can't clear Mail data!

Anyone?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
I'm having a problem where the Android Mail application is showing 150+ MB of Data, even though I have tried both deleting all my emails and even the accounts themselves. With the email application completely empty it is still taking up 150+ MB. The "Clear Data" option is greyed out for me. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts, as I'm basically out of space between this and the other applications that can't be moved to the SD card.
I would remove all email accounts and then go into the settings/applications/manage applications and find email (I know you've gotten this far before) then force stop and then clear data.

I don't know if this will help. On my phone clear data is available even without the "force stop".
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

dchamb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
I would remove all email accounts and then go into the settings/applications/manage applications and find email (I know you've gotten this far before) then force stop and then clear data.

I don't know if this will help. On my phone clear data is available even without the "force stop".
On my HTC Evo 4G I have deleted my email accounts, did a force stop on the mail app, and still have a greyed out "clear data" button. HTC must have a bug in their mail app because there is no way empty mail (no email accounts) can account for 61MB being taken up in internal storage. I don't see any other option but to do a hard reset.

Might as well be on Windows!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion