PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multiple Exchange Accounts?

Hello,

I know iphone and WP7 handle multiple exchange accounts currently. I was working on the EVO and it only truly can sync one exchange account although you can add pop or imap for the others. Will Android 2.3 support multiple exchange accounts or is that down the road still?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Multiple Exchange Accounts?

2.3 is really designed for tablets, so I doubt it. 2.4 might and that one is to be released later this spring, but who knows how long it will take the carriers and manufacturers to get us official upgrades.

I think Touchdown will let you sync multiple Exchange accounts, but I am not sure. Maybe try downloading the demo and give it a shot. Though, even if it does do multiple Exchange accounts, I think the app costs $30.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks - I tried touchdown and for some reason I didn't like it - can't really explain it. It seemed like it was more like a bandaid than a real app. I do appreciate you taking the time to assist.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat, we just got moved over to exchange and now I'm 1 email short!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I hear the Motorola phones can do it..I also think Galaxy S phones can do it too..at least the international variants...I'm not 100% sure on the US ones

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

so we got burned! that sucks. come on updatessssssssss
Old 03-14-2011, 08:41 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I would be happy to go Android if it had 3 major improvements -

Native support for multiple exchange accounts - full sync -not just pop and imap
Native support for ms office documents
better native voice recognition for voice dialing via BT.

While being able to hack and customize my phone is a big plus, I need it for business foremost. I have exchange accounts on about a dozen exchange servers for various clients.

All of my clients send me documents from excel, word, acrobat and occasionally powerpoint. While I can buy an add on to open documents, it seems like that is about as basic a requirement as handling a BT headset or connecting to your computer. Using an add on for this seems silly.

I'm not sure why voice dialing via BT is not quite right yet but even on units dialing by name using the actual phone voice recognitiion doesn't seem very accurate. While I'm not expecting 100% accuracy, I know lots of people who won't even use it as they say it is far to frustrating based on the hit rate.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I would be happy to go Android if it had 3 major improvements -

Native support for multiple exchange accounts - full sync -not just pop and imap

While being able to hack and customize my phone is a big plus, I need it for business foremost. I have exchange accounts on about a dozen exchange servers for various clients.
The Droid phones and Galaxy S (dont know if all versions) phones have multiple exchange account support..

Those that use stock 2.2 email app I think also support it:
http://androiddelight.com/2010/08/27...l-for-android/

For those that dont, there is Touchdown app

Quote:
Native support for ms office documents

All of my clients send me documents from excel, word, acrobat and occasionally powerpoint. While I can buy an add on to open documents, it seems like that is about as basic a requirement as handling a BT headset or connecting to your computer. Using an add on for this seems silly.
You can get free versions to open office documents..you only gotta pay for writing/editing them..that said all Galaxy S phones for example come with Thinkfree office...which allows you to open and edit all the documents you want...even edit powerpoint on your phone if need be..That said I found the Android implementations of Office to be better then winmo :/

Quote:
better native voice recognition for voice dialing via BT.

I'm not sure why voice dialing via BT is not quite right yet but even on units dialing by name using the actual phone voice recognitiion doesn't seem very accurate. While I'm not expecting 100% accuracy, I know lots of people who won't even use it as they say it is far to frustrating based on the hit rate.
They released a new version of the voice recognition software..that said there are also alternative like vlingo...

Last edited by gTen; 03-14-2011 at 10:41 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
multiple exchange