PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88
Re: 5" Dell Android phone Presale Sign-up

I am gonna grab one up for sure.

Actually going to swap my Service Provider for one of these. Was gonna grab up the HTC Evo (I absolutely LOVE HTC), However I have had a spot in my heart for dell for about 8 years now.

The screen is a piece of art to say the least, and granted I will have to go to at&t (or T-Mobile) to get it (even though I do work for at&t, their plans are a joke).

at&t is basically over-priced and I don't like that I can NOT get an Unlimited Data plan anymore, but this phone has my name written all over it

...I already signed up for the 411 on its release date (though I may just grab one up on eBay that is unlocked and not have to wait for the release date)
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this phone.... if it was on sprint :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow...... I am just starting to get used to the thumb stretching I have to do on my X when using it one handed.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
I am gonna grab one up for sure.

Actually going to swap my Service Provider for one of these. Was gonna grab up the HTC Evo (I absolutely LOVE HTC), However I have had a spot in my heart for dell for about 8 years now.

The screen is a piece of art to say the least, and granted I will have to go to at&t (or T-Mobile) to get it (even though I do work for at&t, their plans are a joke).

at&t is basically over-priced and I don't like that I can NOT get an Unlimited Data plan anymore, but this phone has my name written all over it

...I already signed up for the 411 on its release date (though I may just grab one up on eBay that is unlocked and not have to wait for the release date)
As I said on the other thread just understand that it has Android 1.6 on it. The latest and greatest apps require 2.x or higher. If Dell take 6 months to release 2.2 on this device you will only get a portion of the apps working on that phone. Sidenote, I don't even think that the android community has any plans of modding this phone either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i was very tempted to spring for one of these but way too many little issues to deal with imo from the reviews ive read. i love the form factor/size though. i wouldnt use it as my main phone though i was actually thinking about using it strictly in my car. my bro in law does amazine glass work and i was gonna have him fab me up a custom in dash setup and basically use it as a head unit!! hopefully htc or motorola comes out with a similarly sized tablet/phone hybbrid soon.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am SURE it will get hacked, if not I will put the time into doing it. I am new to Android, but have been hacking Windows for the last 11 years.

Also with the HTC Android Tablet, they have 2 that I have heard of. Keep an eye out for the "HTC Evolve". It has a badass screen and a smaller screen that pops out on the left hand side for additional features (I guess like a mouse or some poop).

Also I have a firm belief in Dell, they have never done ME wrong. Not once. I have been using them for like the last 8 or 9 years and I have not one bad thing to say about them. I have been using there Desktops and laptops (currently have a custom build Dell laptop that ran me around $4500)
Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
As I said on the other thread just understand that it has Android 1.6 on it. The latest and greatest apps require 2.x or higher. If Dell take 6 months to release 2.2 on this device you will only get a portion of the apps working on that phone. Sidenote, I don't even think that the android community has any plans of modding this phone either.
Side note - The Streak has been Rooted since June 6th. Also, as of June 30th, there are (multiple) Cooked ROMs out for it. So yeah, it is getting full support I would say.

Once again, Sign me the F up. I am really looking forward to getting into the Streak scene and gettin my email notice from Dell.

Let the countdown being (the final countdown.....*music starts*)
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: airtel
Carrier: nokia

avinkool is a n00b

Although its sweet, if you anticipate about it, its just too abuse big. Just not applied in accustomed use. How do you put it in your pocket? If you add a case, it'll even be bigger. They should have at atomic got rid of the buttons and bezel and accomplish it alone the blow awning to save space.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what a funny way to grave dig a thread ^

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion