PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

erkwist is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why I might never buy an Android phone...(short and sweet, comments welcome)

Not sure I understand exactly how google knowing where you are and what your doing at all times is not thinking for yourself, its not like someone at google is changing your calender or scheduled events.

There is a built in price of information in most things you buy, they either want your address, income level, age ect. just for records to see who is buying the product. That's why many companies want your zip code when you buy something in one of their stores.

I don't know about anyone else, but my android phone also gives me the option to opt out of sharing gps info with google. Not saying I 100% think that that means they don't ever use any of the info my phone generates, but I doubt its just there to fool me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Why I might never buy an Android phone...(short and sweet, comments welcome)

Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Woa... apparently I was wrong all along and I am sorry. Google knows way more than any of us thought. According to this web site, Google knows all of the following (and a hell of a lot more):
  • What Willis is talking about
  • How to go back once you've gone black
  • When to pull out
  • The last digit of Pi
  • What will happen in 2012
  • More than Bing
  • The Crabby Patty secret formula
  • Never to drop the soap
  • There's nothing wrong with a little bump and grind
Damn... they DO know everything...

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-13-2010 at 02:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Woa... apparently I was wrong all along and I am sorry. Google knows way more than any of us thought. According to this web site, Google knows all of the following (and a hell of a lot more):
  • When to pull out
  • The last digit of Pi
  • More than Bing
  • Never to drop the soap
bwhahahahahshaha. i seriously almost dropped my phone reading that. "the crabby patty formula" classic post, thank you rainfreak!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

You people seem to forget that I work in advertising and marketing in a creative and management capacity...and the more ignorant a customer and the more complacent they are the easier it is to find out whether they're actually paying attention to what's going on around them. (sounds to me like most people here are the type of people to get hit by a car because they walk into oncoming traffic while wearing their ipod)

If they're not paying attention then it's easier to sell things to them because 90% of the information we take in is through out sub-concious.

If you guys want to keep ignoring the truth, and as a result of ignoring the truth, THINKING that you're thinking for yourself until you realize 90% of the movies you watch and 90% of the music you listen to are all put out by the top 5 media companies in the world.

5 companies control ALL the worlds media...News Corporation, Disney, Viacomm, General Electric, and AOL Time Warner...those 5 companies own almost every single record label, radio station, television station, and piece terestrial advertising space on planet earth. If you think you've been thinking for yourself for most of your life...if you listen to or watch any media that these 5 companies put out...and lets be honest, none of you have any idea what other companies these conglomorates own because you don't seem to care that you've been brainwashed since age 6 without realizing it.

And the fact that you all thanked somebody 3 times for trying to tell me that I'm a conspiracy theorist...but he did so by posting a picture of a marketing tool (the adult swim charachters) that was produced by a major media company for viral purposes JUST LIKE THIS...so every time something viral happens YOU ALL WILL use that image and everyone goes "COOL, ADULT SWIM I WATCH THAT HE'S FUNNY, NOW WHERES MY $300 WORTH OF ADULT SWIM MERCHANDISE AND MY DVD SET THAT I CAN WATCH CAUSE I JUST SAW A PICTURE OF IT ONLINE, MAYBE I'LL WATCH THE NEW EPISODE TONIGHT SO SOME EXECUTIVE AT NEWS CORPS STOCK WILL GO UP"

...if you people want an education in marketing, then post something real, don't just post random insults because you literally have nothing valid to say.

It's obvious none of you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to marketing so this will be my last post in this now joke of a thread.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-13-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
You people seem to forget that I work in advertising...and the more ignorant a customer and the more complacent they are the easier it is to find out whether they're actually paying attention. if they're not paying attention then it's easier to sell things to them because 90% of the information we take in is through out sub-concious. It's obvious none of you have any idea what you're talking about when it comes to marketing so this will be my last post in this now joke of a thread.
so based on what you jus said google/android isnt the problem its people that are the problem. and like i stated before can you fault google for recognizing these trends and profiting from them. i sure cant.

oh btw i own a marketing firm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
so based on what you jus said google/android isnt the problem its people that are the problem. and like i stated before can you fault google for recognizing these trends and profiting from them. i sure cant.

oh btw i own a marketing firm

Ofcourse it's people that are the problem...Google is run by *GASP* HUMAN BEINGS. What do you know...do you think I'm talking about how a bunch of computers with minds of their own are the problem...we're not there yet.

And they're not RECOGNIZING trends my friend they are MANUFACTURING the latest trend based on what is most profitable.

All i'm saying is that GREEDY marketers coupled with complacent consumers makes the entire country dumber. And people are fooled into thinking Google fosters independance...when in fact they promote complacency in the consumer.

Last edited by JQuill; 04-13-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:51 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
  • When to pull out
  • The last digit of Pi
  • More than Bing
  • Never to drop the soap
LMAO!!!!!!! laugh of the week!!!! that was priceless....
Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Back

lol you keep reenforcing my point. the problem is bigger than google so why single them out as the culprit. ok im really done this time haha
Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What I'm getting from this thread is that Google is doing what any other company that wants to sell a product does, do you think Nike for example looks at trends of footwear and then makes a shoe that emulates what the market is trending to or do you think that Nike makes a shoe and makes it a trend setter?
If you're following trends and not setting or manufacturing them then you are behind other companies that are in the same industry as you. Nobody can sit back and let trends determine what they make, they have to make the trends. Let's take Apple for example (as much as I'd like to stay away from them, they're a prefect example though) Do you think Steve saw a trend in touch interface phones and decided to make a touch interface phone or do you think he created the touch interface phone and built a market for that phone? Something ridiculous like "you don't even know you need this phone yet"...
Google, like any other advertising firm, looks at statistics and tries to guess whats-to-come, they just seem to gather more accurate data and come up with better results. Ask any professional in marketing and I bet they envy Googles foresight.

This is all just a matter of how I see it

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion