PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.23071 - CDMA ONLY (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91161)

ericmanoa 10-22-2009 10:50 AM

Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.23071

Hey... I've been trying this rom out after very good experiences with CFay's stuff (respect and gratitude to progenitor).

Nice job it looks good so far. 6.5.1 on a treo pro is pretty finger friendly.

A couple of things if they help:

It would be good to loose that ghost scroll bar on the dialer call screen...hopefully losing that one doesn't effect the useful one on the green button recent call list.

It would be cool to get the bottom bar buttons (bbb?) to work for all of the today screen choices as some render in text only.

Microsoft Tag crashes my phone not that I have any reason to use it.

A lightweight version of this rom minus bloatware would be really nice to have.

IE is working for me...good thing because...

Memory is pretty tight... only 28mb on start up.

Thanks for your work!

flash67 10-22-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnoir (Post 1253930)
This worked for me: Tap the time/Task manager space and the WM 6.5 icon bar will appear, now, tap and hold on the same space and the bar will disappear, revealing the HTC task manager menu when you release the press.

Hope this helped.

Nice, thanks! works quite well.

Spearoid 10-22-2009 12:04 PM

Am I missing something? This Showcase task manager solution seems to have no effect on the overlapped clock and HTC task manager icons.
Is there a way to completely remove the HTC task manager?
What was the transparency fix supposed to fix?

I don't even need a task manager....I simply want my taskbar to look normal.

I thought the Showcase option was going to override the HTC task manager, but that does not seem to be the case.

acidhax 10-22-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spearoid (Post 1254271)
Am I missing something? This Showcase task manager solution seems to have no effect on the overlapped clock and HTC task manager icons.
Is there a way to completely remove the HTC task manager?
What was the transparency fix supposed to fix?

I don't even need a task manager....I simply want my taskbar to look normal.

I thought the Showcase option was going to override the HTC task manager, but that does not seem to be the case.

No, it's so your programs Close on 'X', rather than being hidden.
You can turn off the HTC Task Manager--

Start / Settings / System / Task Manager / Button /
Uncheck <Enable Quick Menu on Today screen>

(The transparency fix isnt working?)

Spearoid 10-22-2009 01:15 PM

The transparency fix could be working. I thought it was supposed to fix the overlapping icons with the task manager....so when I saw they were still overlapping I deduced that fix wasn't doing what I thought it was intended for.

Spearoid 10-22-2009 01:28 PM

btw, I do like your ROM very much. I don't know how I feel about the new bottom taskbar for this newest build of 6.5, but the ROM does seem snappier than the others I have tried. It seems MS has tried to address the smallness of some things in the OS that we like to operate with our fingers.

But, while I am in a posting frenzy, let me post this question as I have not found anyone posting about this.

Can anyone get Titanium Notifications to work on their Treo Pro? I have tried several different versions...and have tried doctoring .cpr's, but to no avail.

I have that panel working great on my Diamond, but have not had any success with any ROM for the Treo Pro.

thanks!

likearaptor 10-22-2009 01:42 PM

I haven't been able to get the Titanium Notifications to work either. I have tried it with CFay's 6.5, nightraven's 6.5, and this one. No luck. But I was able to egt it to work by installing the Ibrythill WM 7 Titanium Project, which installs a tone of titanium apps. It did get the notifications working but added a lot of other junk I didn't want. So I use the Treo Alert Pro app, and it puts the notifications in small text under the time on the home screen.

l2yangop 10-22-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drnoir (Post 1251159)
Simple solution: take the ruu_signed.nbh file in the RELEASE_PANT200 folder of the ROM and rename it to PANTIMG.nbh, copy it over to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted microSD card and insert the SD into the phone. Then, enter bootloader and the flashing should start automatically.

A few caveats:
  1. if the SD card is not formatted to FAT32 file system, it will not work. Not all of them are, I had to reformat mine for it to work. A fast format is OK, though, you don't have to do a full format.
  2. once your SD card is formatted, it doesn't matter if there's anything else in it, as long as the PANTIMG.nbh file is on the root folder, this will work.
  3. the process will not erase the nbh file from the SD card, so if you re-enter bootloader mode, it will prompt you again for the upgrade. Remember to erase the file manually to recover space and prevent inadvertent flashing.
  4. THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL DATA ON THE PHONE'S INTERNAL MEMORY. Please make sure you have a backup of all your data. I use MyPhone to do this, the only thing not backed up is Notes, for some reason. The data on the SD card will not be harmed in any way.

Well, I hope this helped.

Thanks for posting that. I tried just what you wrote and again it sits at the grey screen and says "loading....." but never advances. im getting so frustrated with this. no one else having this issue?

estuardo 10-22-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1254398)

(The transparency fix isnt working?)

It is not working for me. It is always over the clock. I've changed several themes, uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing seems to work.

Also, whenever I soft reset the TP, my time zone always goes back to Eastern time (I'm on Central time), but the time is correct. Maybe it is not ROM related, but I didn't have this problem before...

Thank you for your help. Do you think you can post, as suggested by others, a new ROM without the Sprint stuff?

Thank you for reading.

gb

acidhax 10-22-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2yangop (Post 1255335)
Thanks for posting that. I tried just what you wrote and again it sits at the grey screen and says "loading....." but never advances. im getting so frustrated with this. no one else having this issue?

Are you POSITIVE that you've flashed the new SPL?