PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.23071 - CDMA ONLY (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91161)

l2yangop 10-20-2009 12:17 PM

Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.23071

Guys i've tried everything to get either of my computers (one is win xp, other is win 7) to recognize my phone in bootloader mode. Neither machine will. Its unlocked and flashable cuz i was able to flash the posted stock rom as a test. I get into boot loader mode and it starts at 0% but never progresses. Same thing happend when i try to flash from SD card. I dont know if its these computers or my phone. Anyone have similar experiences? I've tried every conbination of plugging and unplugging USB throughout the process, no luck!

drnoir 10-21-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2yangop (Post 1248505)
Guys i've tried everything to get either of my computers (one is win xp, other is win 7) to recognize my phone in bootloader mode. Neither machine will. Its unlocked and flashable cuz i was able to flash the posted stock rom as a test. I get into boot loader mode and it starts at 0% but never progresses. Same thing happend when i try to flash from SD card. I dont know if its these computers or my phone. Anyone have similar experiences? I've tried every conbination of plugging and unplugging USB throughout the process, no luck!

Simple solution: take the ruu_signed.nbh file in the RELEASE_PANT200 folder of the ROM and rename it to PANTIMG.nbh, copy it over to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted microSD card and insert the SD into the phone. Then, enter bootloader and the flashing should start automatically.

A few caveats:
  1. if the SD card is not formatted to FAT32 file system, it will not work. Not all of them are, I had to reformat mine for it to work. A fast format is OK, though, you don't have to do a full format.
  2. once your SD card is formatted, it doesn't matter if there's anything else in it, as long as the PANTIMG.nbh file is on the root folder, this will work.
  3. the process will not erase the nbh file from the SD card, so if you re-enter bootloader mode, it will prompt you again for the upgrade. Remember to erase the file manually to recover space and prevent inadvertent flashing.
  4. THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL DATA ON THE PHONE'S INTERNAL MEMORY. Please make sure you have a backup of all your data. I use MyPhone to do this, the only thing not backed up is Notes, for some reason. The data on the SD card will not be harmed in any way.

Well, I hope this helped.

resinis 10-21-2009 03:43 PM

all i can say is WOW. my treo is amazing now, this rom is tops. so good, in fact, sprint could just put it on their website and allow everyone to use it. they wont of course, but my god.. if you have a treo pro THIS IS THE ROM YOU WANT.

DONATION SENT!

thanks again!

Spearoid 10-21-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resinis (Post 1251734)
if you have a treo pro THIS IS THE ROM YOU WANT.
thanks again!

Do you make this statement based on using other custom ROMS or is this your first Treo Pro flashing? I have used all of the CFAY ROMS and am considering trying this ROM even though it is in its first rendition.

Just wondering what else you have tried.

Also, did you apply the four bug fixes from the first post?

thanks for your feedback
Spearoid

drnoir 10-21-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spearoid (Post 1252476)
Do you make this statement based on using other custom ROMS or is this your first Treo Pro flashing? I have used all of the CFAY ROMS and am considering trying this ROM even though it is in its first rendition.

Just wondering what else you have tried.

Also, did you apply the four bug fixes from the first post?

thanks for your feedback
Spearoid

I've used all the ROMs available (CFAY 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.1, Sprint update, Raven's kitchen, and my OEM Spanish ROM), and I can honestly say that this is better than those. It's snappier and less crashprone that the others, plus the interface is better than 6.1... it actually handles with the speed of my original 6.1 ROM with the 6.5 interface. AND .NET works great.

Please bear in mind that I do not use Titanium, as I use several Today plugins I couldn't live without.

I did apply the bug fixes, but my HTC task icon is still visible... a small price if you ask me.

Cheers

resinis 10-21-2009 09:32 PM

i make my statement after trying a couple CFAY roms and a long-time user of wm5 and wm6.1. this rom is better then any rom i have ever used, oem roms or homebaked. everything is included, it all works, and its extremely fluent. its exactly what you would expect from sprint if they released wm6.5.1 to the treo pro themselves.

CFay 10-21-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resinis (Post 1252816)
i make my statement after trying a couple CFAY roms and a long-time user of wm5 and wm6.1. this rom is better then any rom i have ever used, oem roms or homebaked. everything is included, it all works, and its extremely fluent. its exactly what you would expect from sprint if they released wm6.5.1 to the treo pro themselves.

Good to hear... I will now stop making roms for Treo since mine are inferior.
-CFay

acidhax 10-21-2009 10:05 PM

Time to monopolize this joint

k6squid 10-21-2009 10:30 PM

Opera doesnt work, IE crashes the phone when I use the directional buttons. The "close all" button is overlapped by the time on the today screen. This ROM is alright, but 1.52 is still better.

acidhax 10-21-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k6squid (Post 1252991)
Opera doesnt work, IE crashes the phone when I use the directional buttons. The "close all" button is overlapped by the time on the today screen. This ROM is alright, but 1.52 is still better.

1) Opera works flawlessly.

2) IE functions just fine for me, using the directional buttons.

3) The quick Task Manager wasn't developed for this build.

As I've said, please voice complaints and requests in the other post.