PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cmhgreg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CFay 6.5 Rom! CEOS 5.2.23409 ! Windows Mobile 6.5.1!

Cfay: will the unlocker be available in this forum?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

kthxbyelolz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhgreg View Post
Cfay: will the unlocker be available in this forum?
Cmonex said she will be releasing it here.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's released now!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Lurker

kthxbyelolz is a n00b

Might just be me, but... 6.5 is really buggy for me. Once the device locks, the hardware keys will wake it up but the center key won't unlock it. Can't configure the camera button. Those are just two I noticed off right off the bat.

BUT... I'm saying this in the most constructive way possible. I am NOT bashing CFay or his efforts at all, and actually would like to send out a big THANK YOU to him and everyone else involved in making this happen! I definitely couldn't have done this myself, so even with the bugs... you kick ***, CFay!
Old 09-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

GlitterKill is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GlitterKill Send a message via Skype™ to GlitterKill

I have all the necessary files... this rom, the other rom files you released (just in case) and the two unlocker files released. I'm by no means a PC n00b, HOWEVER, this will be my first phone unlocking and flashing.

Just to make sure I don't FUBAR something, can you give me a basic run-down for how this process should go?

Thanks and I REALLY look forward to using your WM 6.5 ROM!

Also, about how long does the actual ROM flashing procedure itself take to complete? Probably going to do this either before or during work tomorrow (technically today).

Another also... How do I backup the current, stock ROM in case I want or need to go back?

Last edited by GlitterKill; 09-15-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbyelolz View Post
Might just be me, but... 6.5 is really buggy for me. Once the device locks, the hardware keys will wake it up but the center key won't unlock it. Can't configure the camera button. Those are just two I noticed off right off the bat.

BUT... I'm saying this in the most constructive way possible. I am NOT bashing CFay or his efforts at all, and actually would like to send out a big THANK YOU to him and everyone else involved in making this happen! I definitely couldn't have done this myself, so even with the bugs... you kick ***, CFay!
Device Lock: this happened to me and a tester once right after the rom was first flashed, simply soft reset. I wrote it off as the device getting used to 6.5 (remember this device was never supposed to have it) Once i soft reset, this never happened, you will find random quirks like this but these are out of my control, my only suggestion would be to make sure you watch your memory usage.

Camera Button: This was already listed in the Bugs section. Simply go to settings-buttons or something like that and assign it a button.

-Cfay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt531 View Post
After unlocking and flashing, is there a way to go back to the original rom?

Here is the link to the stock 1.04 rom, just in case.....
http://fs01n1.sendspace.com/dl/4face..._Treo_PRO_.exe
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
N00b

tt531 is just getting started

1. Am I supposed to be updating to the image "C Fay Hello World 1.0"

2. When I began updating, the ROM update utility and my phone both said 0% for atleast 3 minutes so I got nervous and unplugged everything. Luckily I didn't mess anything up. But is it normal for it to stay at 0% for that long?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker

kthxbyelolz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFay View Post
Device Lock: this happened to me and a tester once right after the rom was first flashed, simply soft reset. I wrote it off as the device getting used to 6.5 (remember this device was never supposed to have it) Once i soft reset, this never happened, you will find random quirks like this but these are out of my control, my only suggestion would be to make sure you watch your memory usage.

Camera Button: This was already listed in the Bugs section. Simply go to settings-buttons or something like that and assign it a button.

-Cfay
*facepalm* Wow. Maybe I should try a soft reset before I open my mouth lol. But the camera button problem I was having... I know you listed the solution to this on the front page, but what I meant was the list with all the button assignments was so scrunched up I couldn't see any of them lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax

I know BELL Mobility(Canada) does some customization of the Windows Mobile when you restore to factory. Is this something I should be aware of --- and avoid doing any flashing until I'm positive of the changes? Or is there a nice way of backing up my current rom for reflashing?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development