PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CFAY CustomRUU for Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesteve64 View Post
Hey yea man i appreciate getting it to work on the device too Cfay... Hey you said you didn't hear anything about 6.5 coming out.. Here's the link right here.. Microsoft is going to release Windows mobile 6.5 at the beginning of next month buddy.. But good thing we'll have it before then like u said earlier in this post Cant wait.. The link is below for anyone who wants to read it.. and just do i google search for windows mobile 6.5 You all will see the release date..

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PCKHWATMY32JVN
Read your link, no where on it does it say the Palm Treo Pro CDMA will get 6.5 anytime soon. That article is varie vague and says some devices by HTC etc. Even if they DO release it, it would be an old copy of 6.5 and be loaded with bloatware.
-Cfay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

bsod is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesteve64 View Post
Hey yea man i appreciate getting it to work on the device too Cfay... Hey you said you didn't hear anything about 6.5 coming out.. Here's the link right here.. Microsoft is going to release Windows mobile 6.5 at the beginning of next month buddy.. But good thing we'll have it before then like u said earlier in this post Cant wait.. The link is below for anyone who wants to read it.. and just do i google search for windows mobile 6.5 You all will see the release date..

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PCKHWATMY32JVN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFay View Post
Read your link, no where on it does it say the Palm Treo Pro CDMA will get 6.5 anytime soon. That article is varie vague and says some devices by HTC etc. Even if they DO release it, it would be an old copy of 6.5 and be loaded with bloatware.
-Cfay
I might be wrong, but it sounds to me like some people are under the impression that when MS releases 6.5 we can all go to a website and download it and install it ourselves, just like the iPhone. Which, of course, is not the case at all. As Cfay knows all too well MS mobile operating systems must be built and customized for each individual handset model. Generally speaking a handset manufacturer would have to devote developement resources (programmers) to customizing the OS for each handset.

Of course companies generally invest time and money into projects that generate revenue (otherwise nobody would buy their stock and they would go out of business). So in order for Palm/HTC to invest those resources on the Treo Pro, there has to be a better reason than the warm fuzzy feeling they might get by making current owners interested in the update happy. (not that warm fuzzy can't make a company money, but lets face it.. their not going to lose much business from Treo Pro owners who feel jilted they didn't update it).

If Palm/HTC is interested in continuing to produce the Treo Pro after 6.5 is released, they may indeed spend the resources to update it, knowing that a 6.1 OS phone sitting on the shelf next to a 6.5 OS phone will not sell as briskly as they would like. But the fact is that Palm is releasing a new phone with the same form factor as the Treo Pro with their own Web OS, making it somewhat likely they will discontinue the Treo Pro.

Therefore we must rely on the good graces of enthusiasts like Cfay and Cmonex. They have donated their time and knowlege to produce an update for the Treo Pro community. People with the skills to produce these updates could spend their free time making money, going on vacation... etc. But these folks are doing this simply for the thanks they get from us.

Thanks for all you hard work and effort Cfay and Cmonex!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

petrafan007 is becoming a great contributor

Question for you cfay... How much memory do you think will be saved (in the RAM, or even disk space) by removing the bloatware when the new rom comes out? Also, does anyone know of a way to use hard disk space as RAM (like virtual memory in windows?). My phone seems crippled and I always have to close EVERYTHING and/or restart my phone to open skyfire with anything else.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrafan007 View Post
Question for you cfay... How much memory do you think will be saved (in the RAM, or even disk space) by removing the bloatware when the new rom comes out? Also, does anyone know of a way to use hard disk space as RAM (like virtual memory in windows?). My phone seems crippled and I always have to close EVERYTHING and/or restart my phone to open skyfire with anything else.
My WM 6.1 rom that I built, has about 45-50% memory on boot and WM6.5 has about 55-66% memory on boot.
-Cfay
Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

petrafan007 is becoming a great contributor

wow. the most I ever have is 78-79% on a fresh boot, before anything is even opened.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrafan007 View Post
wow. the most I ever have is 78-79% on a fresh boot, before anything is even opened.
Same here and I just don't see why...

Even on my old Vogue which has less of everything (ram,mem,processer) it comes in at about 55% on the stock ROM fresh boot. Running a good version of 6.5 on my Vogue produces 30% usage fresh boot...

I do know that a custom ROM will bring the TreoPro up to where it belongs in terms of performance and its well deserved because this device is really a overlooked gem!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

v_1kyc is a n00b

Is this posted somewhere other than RapidShare? RapidShare states this is for premium members only and requires a subscription to download.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_1kyc View Post
Is this posted somewhere other than RapidShare? RapidShare states this is for premium members only and requires a subscription to download.
Try again, rapidshare was probably out of free slots. Its only on rapidshare and thats how I want it to be. Just tryed and it worked.
-CFay
Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Touch Pro 2

firebrain is just getting started

Can you post it somewhere else?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mikecism is just getting started

Can someone PLEASE post this somewhere where it can be downloaded? Rapidshare does not work unless you pay for it. It's been non-working for over a month.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development