PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-4 ][ v1.5 ][ 28223 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus View Post
@Calkulin

Is there a link somewhere to your erv file?

I have SO many questions about what to include/exclude and most if not all could be answered by reviewing your erv.

What SYS & manila build and I'll post what I change in my personal ROMs

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

chopperguy918 is keeping up the good workchopperguy918 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to chopperguy918
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-4 ][ v1.5 ][ 28223 / 21891 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitche

I am having some issues getting XDA_UC to work with the latest kitchen. I have cooked a rom and it worked great...now it will not load any of my .cabs. It could be I am putting it in the wrong kitchen folder. I cannot seem to find the instructions on where it goes. I unpacked the XDA_UC files and dropped them in the EXT folder. Could someone possibly tell me the path that the XDA_UC files need to go in? Any help would be great, I hate reloading those .cabs every time I flash.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

thecatkicker is becoming a great contributor

How do you keep the lock screen from unlocking when you open the keyboard? I've tried disableslidewakeup.cab but it always gets cancelled out when the lockscreen activates.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chopperguy918 is keeping up the good workchopperguy918 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

[QUOTE=redd214;1538622]+1 on that, thought i was the only one. im down to 2 that i just cant quite g

I actually agree...I hate installing them and they seem to slow the rom down. I tried using Package Creator in the kitchen, and all seemed to go well, but when I chose them in the kitchen to cook in they did not take. I am sure I am just putting them in the wrong kitchen folders...any help on this? Currently I use XDA_UC but would love to cook in the .cabs I want. I only have 5 I always use.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

[QUOTE=chopperguy918;1540537]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
+1 on that, thought i was the only one. im down to 2 that i just cant quite g

I actually agree...I hate installing them and they seem to slow the rom down. I tried using Package Creator in the kitchen, and all seemed to go well, but when I chose them in the kitchen to cook in they did not take. I am sure I am just putting them in the wrong kitchen folders...any help on this? Currently I use XDA_UC but would love to cook in the .cabs I want. I only have 5 I always use.

Thanks
I usually put mine in here:

\EXT\Shared\Packages

then restart the kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
I was able to get MaxManila 2.9 to work with 2011. I took the maxmanila 2.9 cab file and converted it to an EXT usinf a cab to EXT converter found over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525302

Then I dropped into Calkulin's 1.5 b3 kitchen and built a 2011 ROM using a 28223 SYS and it seems to work great. EVERYTHING seems to work.

I've attached the EXT that I used.

**EDIT**
I have already included patch 4 into this so no need to add the patch.

Also, I noticed this adds the Footprints and Documnets tab to manila, however the don't function. You can just uncheck them in the setting so they don't show. I'll have to look thru what files to remove from the EXT in order not to add them.

**EDIT2**

As an FYI, while this does work, since it was built on the prior version of manila, it essestially replaces version 2011 with 1922. Where I caught it was when I went to use the new delete feature on the email tab and it wasn't there. So in reality you will end up with almost 1922 all over again.
Question...So after I convert .cab>.ext what folder in the .ext folder does it go in?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Since I kept getting "out of memory" with these new opera builds. I decided to use IE but the bookmarks don't work. How do I fix the path?

Do I need to select IE enhancement in the kitchen? What does it actually do?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

[QUOTE=icon123;1540549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperguy918 View Post

I usually put mine in here:

\EXT\Shared\Packages

then restart the kitchen.
I think I will try this now. I have a pretty good rom built. Everything working...even mms. Now for the final pieces of the puzzle.

Thanks again

Last edited by chopperguy918; 02-05-2010 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Information worked
Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Just trying to get some stuff together for when Calks latest work is released, i was never able to EXT a few programs such as PANDORA i just found the latest ipollusion pandora cab and it has the reg entries for full song and wvga size fix for larger menus and like and dislike. havent tired with that version.. might try later when i get to the laptop i do know its updated 1.0.25 and works greeat somehow always remembers my log in info after flashes without a file found in my sd refrencing to it.. always found that cool
i have an EXT of pandora that works (sortof)...
Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperguy918 View Post
I am having some issues getting XDA_UC to work with the latest kitchen. I have cooked a rom and it worked great...now it will not load any of my .cabs. It could be I am putting it in the wrong kitchen folder. I cannot seem to find the instructions on where it goes. I unpacked the XDA_UC files and dropped them in the EXT folder. Could someone possibly tell me the path that the XDA_UC files need to go in? Any help would be great, I hate reloading those .cabs every time I flash.

Thanks
Goes in \EXT\Shared\Packages

Make sure it's not double nested.

You DO NOT WANT THIS \EXT\Shared\Packages\System - XDA_UC\System - XDA_UC\files
You DO WANT THIS \EXT\Shared\Packages\System - XDA_UC\files

I made that mistake once

Close Kitchen and open it again then set it True (comes on near the very bottom).

I wish Calkulin would include it, it's the only tweak I have to make to every kitchen and it seems to work good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development