PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
Personally, since I use Reg files for my PC, I right click and do edit. That should open up notepad for you to edit. No need to change the extension at all.

Kevin
YEA! thanks! I never knew I could do that!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearBurn View Post
Ok ill amit it i need help this icon thing with the text messages and email is baffeling me iv been diging in the files and im not sure what is messed up any one that can help me is welcome im thinking its a file being overwrote in the build but im just lost , its posable that its in the new reg build but im not sure im still looking its the send button and the dubble X im thinking its a bmp file thats eather missing or just being replaced

i think these are taskbar related.. i think my problem started after i added the android taskbar.... let me cook a new rom and see if that really is it
Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
How do I open app.reg?
How do I add to app.reg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
For editing the initflashfiles.dat, notepad++ is the way to go. If you edit with notepad or any other plain jane txt editor that doesn't automatically change from unicode to ansi and back [...]
- Notepad++ was a great suggestion and I use it for all the files.
- Generally, I'll use Cab2OEM to make an EXT and then I'll just use WinCE CAB Manager to export&replace the app.reg. CAB2OEM doesn't handle muiltistring reg entries well at all (it puts each letter in "quotes" on seperate lines, that will stop a build in its tracks hah).
Search my attachments/posts for a zip of Cab2OEM that comes as a self-installing executable. (Note: has to install to default directory = C: = root directory).

Cheers!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
How do I open app.reg?
How do I add to app.reg?
if you want the easy way.. open up the kitchen... load all the packages. and click on the app.reg editor or the app.dat editor on the left side of the kitchen... simplest way possible
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Agreed. I switched from MaxManila and haven't looked back. One notable inclusion with 1.6.1 over 1.6 is the ability to hide the CALENDAR text when there are not calendar events, similar to the way Call History is set up.

On a different note, anyone running 23544 have any boot issues? I am running 6.5.x/23544/.1225(manila) with Cookie 1.6.1 cooked in and had a wierd issue with a new mail. I received a blank email saying sender unknown. I usually see this while the email is being downloaded, if I am on the mail tab, however this time, it never changed.

I decided to reboot to see if ti would fix itself and the first time I got the Windows Mobile screen logo(the one that Calkulin includes) but it stopped there. After that, I could only get to the HTC screen and it would stop. I had to do a hard reset. This is the FIRST time I have ever had to hard reboot off any built ROM, so I'm wondering if it's something with 23544. I had been running 23106 but the dialer was a bit flakey when connected to BT.
Does anyone have the EXT files for Cookie 1.6.1 and CHTEditor 1.6.1? I asked this in the new EXT thread but thought I would ask here also.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it is the task bar i removed the custome oen and it fixed the icons messed up .... i tryed buildign the cab to oem but the dll dont look the same as the tskbar in the kitchen it just lists the dll nit the folder with the 001 002 ect files
Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnively View Post
Does anyone have the EXT files for Cookie 1.6.1 and CHTEditor 1.6.1? I asked this in the new EXT thread but thought I would ask here also.
I converted both the files. Home tab works great. Burns into the Rom just fine. CHTEditor does not burn in. Home tab works fine. The editor just does not show up?

Last edited by hthomas; 03-24-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I converted both the files. Home tab works great. Burns into the Rom just fine. CHTEditor does not burn in. Home tab works fine. The editor just does not show up?
I put both of them in mine for a while without a problem. I only used editor one time though to set everything up, saved the settings, and then didn't cook it in again. If no one has posted the EXT, I'll try to remember to put mine up later

Kevin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie8han View Post
I put both of them in mine for a while without a problem. I only used editor one time though to set everything up, saved the settings, and then didn't cook it in again. If no one has posted the EXT, I'll try to remember to put mine up later

Kevin
I got them from the EXT thread Thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
if you want the easy way.. open up the kitchen... load all the packages. and click on the app.reg editor or the app.dat editor on the left side of the kitchen... simplest way possible
I wondered what those were. There are a whole bunch of stuff I dont mess with. WoW How do you use all that? I guess just play and see?
Thanks to all....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development