PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

you know what is sad about this whole journey?

is that i am starting to finally understand this foreign language of cooking.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, 2X HTC HD2s
Carrier: Verizon & TmoUS

Blades is just getting started
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
I don't want to turn off the shortcuts, just move them. I also don't think the MobileUnderground thread quite answers my questions..My first question - every body says "Just edit put this in your windows folder, or just insert this into your registery" but that is great on the device, but it isn't specific when it comes to cooking. There is no MASTER REG file or MASTER WINDOWS folder in the kitchen and nobody is specific enough for me to understand. I have been struggling for 2 months to change icons of EXT programs that I add in but I just end up with a bleeding start menu. Guess I'm just not smart enough to figure this stuff out.
SYS\21895\DPI_192\COMMON\Base_DPI_192

See the start menu icons in there? Put your own png files.. named whatever you like..

create registry values that assign the icon to the ext. Where? app.reg would be a good place to test.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Office Mobile\Adobe Reader LE.lnk]
"Group"=dword:00000000
"Icon"="\\Windows\\startAR-LE.png"

For a folder/icon that I want to have in a 'pre-ordained' position.. as in.. Do this favorite and rank thing with the rest of the icons (on the start menu, not its subfolders - that would be tiresome) and you can have the start menu look the same.. Not have to play that silly honeycomb game ever again.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\ Multimedia]
"FavoriteOrder"=hex:00,56,a0,05,70,c2,ca,01
"Favorite"=dword:00000001
"Rank"=dword:ffffffcd
"Icon"=\\MyTastyIcons\\meowmeowmeowmeowmeow.meow
"Group"=dword:00000001 <--- indicates folder

Now, if you use the MyTastyIcons folder.. you'll have to modify the app.dat folder to move it there.. This doesn't use the \\ to indicate a \. You may even want to rename it to a barkbark instead of the older meowmeowmeowmeowmeow file name. Personally, I prefer a bark file over a meow file anyday. So lets do that..

Directory(\MyTastyIcons):-File("barkbark.bark","\Windows\meowmeowmeowmeowmeo w.meow")

But, for fans of the meow..

Directory(\MyTastyIcons):-File("meowmeowmeowmeowmeow.meow","\Windows\meowmeo wmeowmeowmeow.meow")
The downside to that, is that you'll have a meow file in your Windows folder and theres just nothing good about that.. Its technically classified as a system file.

I just realized I wrote this for nothing, as an explanation was already posted.. Oh well, I just watched supertroopers.. That explains it. Meow.

ignore the space after the o and before the w.. for some reason.. the forum keeps screwing one of my meows.. oh well, nothing catastrophic. Good thing I use the bark naming convention huh? 10 points for me if this confuses the shit out of a new user. literally, they'll poop

Last edited by Blades; 03-15-2010 at 07:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

dude, you're F'ed up
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 4G Evo & Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thaisport_sf is just getting started

Can anyone send me the latest kitchen file? The link isn't allowing downloads and the count has been stuck at for at least a day now.

Thanks!

BTW, Keep up the awesome work C!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaisport_sf View Post
Can anyone send me the latest kitchen file? The link isn't allowing downloads and the count has been stuck at for at least a day now.

Thanks!

BTW, Keep up the awesome work C!
was posted a page back by smiznith

HERE YA GO
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

ok. now that I have cooked in some of my own programs, opera mobile 10.3 has gone crazy. it has replaced quite a few links with none working opera links.
so i took opera mobile out of the kitchen for now.
anyone else have that problem? must be something with links having the same name or something.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 4G Evo & Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thaisport_sf is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
was posted a page back by smiznith

HERE YA GO
Thanks Buddy Much Appreciated!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpressyourcell View Post
I don't want to turn off the shortcuts, just move them. I also don't think the MobileUnderground thread quite answers my questions..My first question - every body says "Just edit put this in your windows folder, or just insert this into your registery" but that is great on the device, but it isn't specific when it comes to cooking. There is no MASTER REG file or MASTER WINDOWS folder in the kitchen and nobody is specific enough for me to understand. I have been struggling for 2 months to change icons of EXT programs that I add in but I just end up with a bleeding start menu. Guess I'm just not smart enough to figure this stuff out.
I'm assuming that when you said that you want to move them that you're talking about the HTC shortcuts. I have no clue how to do that. I turn them off because i don't need to hit the start menu to get something that's available on the tabs.

As for the Master Reg file or Master Windows folder, this is how I do it. Create a folder called "z - Customize" in your packages folder (along with all your other EXTs). In that folder create a folder called files, a text file called app.dat and a text file called app.reg (make sure you take off the txt extension). That Files folder is now your Master Windows folder. Anything you want to put on your phone, put in there. It will go into the Windows folder by default. You can move it into another folder using the app.dat file. Check out another EXT to see how it does it. The app.reg file is your new Master Reg file. Anything in there will get put into your registry. Since you named the folder "z - Customize" it will get added last and will overwrite any other reg entries or files.

I actually have another folder called "z - Icons" that has all of my png files and my reg edits to do all of the icons on the start menu.

Kevin
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are there ant tutorials on how to deal with cabs that dont work when you turn them into EXT's.
The tutorials I find for WinCE cab manger are more about making cabs.
I have no ideal what to do with ResHacher. Can throw the noob a bone. THANKS
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Are there ant tutorials on how to deal with cabs that dont work when you turn them into EXT's.
The tutorials I find for WinCE cab manger are more about making cabs.
I have no ideal what to do with ResHacher. Can throw the noob a bone. THANKS
ResHacker is primarily used to change graphic files inside an .exe or .dll
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development