PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

donebrasko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v1 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen & ROMs

I went into MMS options under menu when you are in one of your emails or texts. under that i went to servers and set verizon as my default (it was set at Sprint I have Verizon) Anyway after that, I sent an MMS to myself and my wife and we both received it.

I dont know if anyone else has checked this or not. It works for me. Imma have someone send me a MMS in the morning to test it.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

donebrasko is a n00b

One more thing. Bluetooth is the only thing that is killing me. I cant sync with my laptop or other phones to send files. Has this been fixed yet?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok When I click "create ROM" it says I need a Device ID but it wont let me change that.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
Ok When I click "create ROM" it says I need a Device ID but it wont let me change that.
go and refresh the drop down under device....and high light touch pro 2 again. It should refresh everything else...including device ID which should read RHOD***

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Update I found the solution to my problem. Extract the attached file which is 47dd6acd_manila and overwrite it in the windows root or replace it in your kitchen and overwrite the existing 47dd6acd_manila file located in the Manila - 2.1.1920.1317.0 folder. You now can use the new HTC messaging on manila 2.1.

Sweet!
if only we could do this backwards and have 2.1 messaging on 2.5 then all of our mms issues would be fixed
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

koolin is a n00b

I downloaded and flashed the 23506 2.5 ROM, haven't done the kitchen yet. Just wanted to provide my comments, overall the performance is really good, bottom bar of 6.5.x is cool, and 2.5 is great with all its functionality, landscape be damned. Below some of the things I have come apon while using thus far.
  • setup align screen, only ROM I have had to do it for thus far
  • No clear storage (hard reset), or im blind
  • Went to check themes then there wasnt one listed for what it started out as? did manual hard reset to get back
  • weather - download when roaming auto checked as a default?
  • dialer doesnt auto disappear (minimize) when start scroll of history above
  • landscape pictures and video very laggy
  • landscape music bug (winbar at bottom does not disappear)
  • HTC Volume is MIA?!! windows volume zomg fail
  • twitter took multiple logon tries to work, amazing functionality love it, scrolling is a little laggy
  • Miss HTC task thing in the upper right
  • Opera on full screen zoom button is shown, not need as TP2 has dedicated zoom bar
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

does anybody know what option it is in the kitchen to get the white finger friendly menus, not the one that comes with the winmo sys.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work
SOLVED: not recognizing SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolin View Post
I downloaded and flashed the 23506 2.5 ROM, haven't done the kitchen yet. Just wanted to provide my comments, overall the performance is really good, bottom bar of 6.5.x is cool, and 2.5 is great with all its functionality, landscape be damned. Below some of the things I have come apon while using thus far.
  • setup align screen, only ROM I have had to do it for thus far
  • No clear storage (hard reset), or im blind
  • Went to check themes then there wasnt one listed for what it started out as? did manual hard reset to get back
  • weather - download when roaming auto checked as a default?
  • dialer doesnt auto disappear (minimize) when start scroll of history above
  • landscape pictures and video very laggy
  • landscape music bug (winbar at bottom does not disappear)
  • HTC Volume is MIA?!! windows volume zomg fail
  • twitter took multiple logon tries to work, amazing functionality love it, scrolling is a little laggy
  • Miss HTC task thing in the upper right
  • Opera on full screen zoom button is shown, not need as TP2 has dedicated zoom bar
Was your phone able to read the SD card? I'm thinking I'm alone in this, but when I flashed that same ROM, it wouldn't recognize the SD card at all. I flashed to a different ROM, then went back (making sure to hard reset/clear storage immediately after each flash) but that ver. of Calk's wouldn't see that I had a storage card...

EDIT: I also just cooked a 23506 M2.5 ROM, and everything went great, but still the SD card problem...Calk, any suggestions as to why it won't see it?

EDIT 2: Same issue with SD card not showing up in 23088

SOLVED: plugged card into my laptop, saved info on it, reformatted, copied files back on, and it is now recognizable. Seems I was solo on this issue, but if anyone else encounters this problem, that's what worked.

Last edited by validoption; 11-11-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I changed my home screen clock on TF3D 2.5 to an analog clock and the animations run much smoother. There is no lag at all when it is raining and the wiper swoops the screen. When I put the flip clock back the animation is extremely laggy. You can even see the difference if you swipe up to the program shortcuts and and the animation runs.

What is up with the flip clock that makes these animations lag? Maybe if we can stop the clock from flipping it would help? Otherwise I will just run the analog clock I guess.....
Old 11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
does anybody know what option it is in the kitchen to get the white finger friendly menus, not the one that comes with the winmo sys.
Yes, that's the menu enhancements

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development