PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-6 ][ v1.33 ][ 28205 / 21887 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
I have tried tons of builds on this TP2, but have been using SSK. This is my first time with Calk's kitchen, because I couldn't get Manila 2.5 working. As well, this is my first time with bad battery life. I'm at 60% and only 4hrs at that, maybe less. I did use the new OEMDrivers package from the new VZW Rom - straight replacement. I have been told from people I talk to that my BT reception is much better.

But, battery...argg...
So, a little update on the battery life.
I turned off BT today and I have to say the battery has been better than ever before. However, I usually have BT always on.
I am using the drivers from the new VZW ROM and from what I can tell it's the new BT drivers/stack that is causing the poor battery performance. I wonder if we can get a happy medium between old/new drivers/stack.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-6 ][ v1.33 ][ 28205 / 21887 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
I turned off BT today and I have to say the battery has been better than ever before. However, I usually have BT always on.
I am using the drivers from the new VZW ROM and from what I can tell it's the new BT drivers/stack that is causing the poor battery performance. I wonder if we can get a happy medium between old/new drivers/stack.
Just to double check, you should take the oem drivers out and go back to stock kitchen drivers.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Here are the latest VZ OEMDrivers for TP2. Replace the OEMDrivers folder in the OEM directory with the one below.

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/332828321/OEMDrivers.rar
I followed your directions and I don't get past the screen showing the rom/radio version etc. Anyone else use this package from Mikee4fun with this kitchen and get a bootable rom?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
I followed your directions and I don't get past the screen showing the rom/radio version etc. Anyone else use this package from Mikee4fun with this kitchen and get a bootable rom?
Have no problems. Make sure you check the box Real WM 6.5 AKU when you build in the VK
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
No problems here. Thanks Mikee. Did you get the 23517 or 23518 ironed out for this Kitchen yet?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
What sys are you using? I think it has to do with something else, the kitchen drivers and vz have the same battery issue. I think it is something else. Just have not pinned it down yet.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
No problems here. Thanks Mikee. Did you get the 23517 or 23518 ironed out for this Kitchen yet?
Well the 23518 has a beta painted in the background and I am not sure how to get rid of that. I am kind of board right now, so let me see if anyone has tweaked the sys to get rid of that and I will post it. I also played around with 21888 and it is not worth it. It has bugs. =)
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Just to double check, you should take the oem drivers out and go back to stock kitchen drivers.
True!

I am confident that it's the new BT drivers/stack.

BT off = great battery life.
BT on = Horrible battery life.

Prior builds, which I have done a lot of using mostly SSK, but also Calkin's Kitchen,
which were both the older drivers = great battery w/ BT on.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Well the 23518 has a beta painted in the background and I am not sure how to get rid of that. I am kind of board right now, so let me see if anyone has tweaked the sys to get rid of that and I will post it. I also played around with 21888 and it is not worth it. It has bugs. =)
Edit the RGU in Shell.exe folder in the SYS. Open it in notepad and delete the two entire lines that have BETA in them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
True!

I am confident that it's the new BT drivers/stack.

BT off = great battery life.
BT on = Horrible battery life.

Prior builds, which I have done a lot of using mostly SSK, but also Calkin's Kitchen,
which were both the older drivers = great battery w/ BT on.
Yeah, but I think it is something else still. Ever since going to the kitchen v1.33 with the original OEMDrivers in the kitchen, the battery life was bad with BT on. Would be nice to go back to v1.3 and compare. Could be Calkulin sneaked the updated drivers into the 1.33 kitchen, but I doubt it, he would post a changelog

Last edited by mikee4fun; 01-10-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development