PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Thumbs up Re: [23517][ROM] WM 6.5.5 titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1jatt View Post
Oops , i forgot to add office 2010.
Outlook is newer for sure. It has gmail style email organization ( conversations ? )
I think PIE is newer too, in older pie we only had "mobile" or "desktop" options, this one has "auto" as well, but i could be wrong.
hey bro is it too much to ask if you could share the rom and sys to use in the vk?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [23517][ROM] WM 6.5.5 titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
hey bro is it too much to ask if you could share the rom and sys to use in the vk?
http://www.ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1133
Old 12-30-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Thumbs down Re: [23517][ROM] WM 6.5.5 titanium

Quote:
Thanks but this does not answer my question, no info on 235x vs 28x this post was form nov before the 28x builds were leaked.

No big deal I have flashed your rom and loaded it up last night, giving it a try today and so far all seems good although i have not used it to much yet.

Question the auto lock, every other rom others have tried that reg hack and it never seemed to work, this is no third party package? the auto lock from MS really works?!

I use PShield so doesn't help me out but its a really cool feature that i could never figure out why MS wouldn't have an auto lock without using a pin. Until now I thought it was necessary to use a third party app to get that feature to work.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regulara1jatt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Thanks but this does not answer my question, no info on 235x vs 28x this post was form nov before the 28x builds were leaked.

No big deal I have flashed your rom and loaded it up last night, giving it a try today and so far all seems good although i have not used it to much yet.

Question the auto lock, every other rom others have tried that reg hack and it never seemed to work, this is no third party package? the auto lock from MS really works?!

I use PShield so doesn't help me out but its a really cool feature that i could never figure out why MS wouldn't have an auto lock without using a pin. Until now I thought it was necessary to use a third party app to get that feature to work.

From Erick Will of eten-users.eu forum...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Microsoft has different COM trees which are active. All those branches / trees focus on a certain aspect of the OS and remain active even after the OS has been released.

COM5 is the branch starting with 235xx, and contains at this point nothing new. It's unknown what the main focus is, but it is likely to replace COM3 and COM4 and integrate all the changes uptill now. This means the other COM trees will die off and become active once the OS get's released (as was the case with COM2 and COM3)...

COM8 is currently the most stable and contain the integration of another experimental branches.

There are no noticeable differences, Everybody says Com8 is supposed to be better but i think com5 works better with TP2, it seems to be much smoother and faster.

autolock is a stock app that comes with wm 6.5.x and it works, there were not third party apps used to get the autolock to work.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
grv
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

grv is a n00b

Does anybody know whether AVRCP works normally on this ROM given that there is no SenseUI to intercept the commands? That would be sweet.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grv View Post
Does anybody know whether AVRCP works normally on this ROM given that there is no SenseUI to intercept the commands? That would be sweet.
windows mobile has built in AVRCP support, you dont need manila for that. If you use windows media player you can use AVRCP.
There is one little problem though, autolock interefers with windows media player, when autolock is active it start cutting out audio. So if you want to use AVRCP , install the "disable autolock" cab and use windows media player, as Nitrogen does not support AVRCP.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM
grv
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

grv is a n00b

Quote:
windows mobile has built in AVRCP support, you dont need manila for that. If you use windows media player you can use AVRCP.
There is one little problem though, autolock interefers with windows media player, when autolock is active it start cutting out audio. So if you want to use AVRCP , install the "disable autolock" cab and use windows media player, as Nitrogen does not support AVRCP.
Thanks for the reply - a bit more background on my question is probably in order. HTC stuck some extra bits in the BT stack so that AVRCP was hardwired to run HTC Media Player if SenseUI was on, or WMP if SenseUI was off. People who use alternative media players with AVRCP support like Pocket Music or Kinoma were left out in the cold as a result. For phones that use the MS BT stack (like the original TP), there is a fix over on xda that reverses what HTC did by replacing some HTC modified BT files with the MS default versions. The TP2 uses the WidComm BT stack, so the fix doesn't work.

I was just wondering if, seing as how SenseUI is not merely turned off, but just plain not present in your ROM, AVRCP might work with anybody's player as long as the player supports AVRCP. Not sure which stack you might be using as well...

Anyway - thanks again!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

37 downloads and no comments?
never installed or no problems?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden

happy new year to all
still no office2010 and how about manila version?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

how do you save opera favs? volume control sux, other 6.5x roms use the htc one, cant this rom? i recomend using opera 9.7 i use with zoom on bottom left, miss the zoom.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-01-2010 at 12:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development