PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gera229 View Post
I forgot to ask, if you relock (I think it is relocking HSPL) will you have to unlock it again using HSPL? Is that not going to be free?
Technically its free but some have had a hassle getting ahold of cmonex.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
Technically its free but some have had a hassle getting ahold of cmonex.

What is cmonex?

So you will have to unlock HSPL again using HSPL unlocker if you relock to put custom roms?

Is unlocking required to overclock the phone? Or can it be done without unlocking it?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
What is cmonex?

So you will have to unlock HSPL again using HSPL unlocker if you relock to put custom roms?

Is unlocking required to overclock the phone? Or can it be done without unlocking it?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

My other questions is will I have to unlock it again if I relock it?

Do I need to unlock it to JUST overclock the phone?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

icensing information: it's like with previous Hard-SPL unlockers - every user gets one free use of the Hard-SPL, further use is subject to paying 3GBP per each device.
however, if you are a private user, you can have other uses free on request if needed, such as using it on a replacement device.
the license is valid forever and all this works as transparently as possible, so for normal users nothing is noticable; while businesses who need to unlock more devices than that, can use the link inside the program to send payment or contact cmonex or Olipro if you want to discuss bulk unlocking.
contact info is: via support link

as for overclocking, not sure I always ran a custom rom since pretty much its been unlockable. the information above I pasted out of links you should have clicked on and read. please read the stickies as they have the answer to most of the general questions that aren't in the scope of this thread.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I forgot to ask, if you relock (I think it is relocking HSPL) will you have to unlock it again using HSPL? Is that not going to be free?

if it's the same phone, it will unlock just fine right away. if it's a different phone (replacement) then, if it's for personal use, you can send us a request for another free license at the link mentioned in Hard-SPL post

(just like the post above me quoted)

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
if it's the same phone, it will unlock just fine right away. if it's a different phone (replacement) then, if it's for personal use, you can send us a request for another free license at the link mentioned in Hard-SPL post

(just like the post above me quoted)
So I suppose that you WILL have to unlock it again if you relock it.

I am going to receive my phone (Sprint HTC TP2) by the end of this week and would like to know how one can tell whether a phone is already unlocked.

I am asking these because I just feel like getting a head start even though I am new to this.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:

I am going to receive my phone (Sprint HTC TP2) by the end of this week and would like to know how one can tell whether a phone is already unlocked.

I am asking these because I just feel like getting a head start even though I am new to this.
Yes you are correct. Read that thread and my first post here a few times. If you need more help pm me to not clutter this thread.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PM sent, I hope you got it because there is nothing in my sent box.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

well, no worries, it's really simple, when you get the phone, just try to unlock the phone (trying "automatic mode"), if you have any generic issues, you should post in the Hard-SPL thread and if it says it was already unlocked (to be more precise, if it says you already unlocked other phones), then message for a personal license as said before.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd