PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

OmarBadu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
I have a Sprint TP2. If I sim unlock and flash this radio I will now be able to put in a ATT/Tmobile sim card into my Sprint phone and use it here in the US correct?

Will the phone operate on both Sprint/ATT at the same time? if someone calls my sprint number the phone will ring, if someone calls the ATT number the phone will ring?

Or do I have to tell the phone to operate on Sprint network and manually switch it to the GSM network when I want to use that network/receive calls?

I ask because I may be getting a cell phone at work and I believe they use ATT. I really don't want to carry around 2 cell phones.

I hope this made some kind of sense.
the guy that replied earlier that said both work at the same time has no idea what he's talking about

i have the same issue - except mine is a tmo sim instead - i put my tmo sim after unlocking and unfortunately it looks like right now you can only use either cdma or gsm - not both at the same time
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

did not work for me.. anybody else have this problem.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarBadu View Post
the guy that replied earlier that said both work at the same time has no idea what he's talking about

i have the same issue - except mine is a tmo sim instead - i put my tmo sim after unlocking and unfortunately it looks like right now you can only use either cdma or gsm - not both at the same time
Do you just manually switch the phone to CDMA or to GSM depending on which you want to use?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Do you just manually switch the phone to CDMA or to GSM depending on which you want to use?
Just keep it on Global mode if you have another carriers sim card in, that way when your off your CDMA network if available it will switch to GSM automatically, but as long as their is a CDMA signal even if roaming it will not switch unless you do it manually to GSM only.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

I ran the your hard spl, sim unlocker, and patched radio http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93865 so I could get my Sprint RhodiumW to work on US GSM networks. However I cannot get a lock onto the US Tmobile GSM network at all. It tries on a soft reset and then fails. I do get status stating their is a voicemail and that is it. I am using Radio 2.05.00WU.

Any Thoughts?

Well I have solved my own issue. For anyone in the US using Sprint and are having problems, this is what I did to fix the problem.

After doing the Hard SPL, flashing the patched Spint 2.05.00WU radio, sim unlocking, and installing your sim, you want to use go to phone settings and the network tab. Then to test to make sure you phone works change mode of operation to GSM and the important kicker here is to set the GSM Network selection to Manual and then select your GSM carrier. Now everything works. I hope is helpful to some.

Cheers,
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 11-01-2009 at 05:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
I don't think this is correct. You can have only one radio active at a time.
I have never personally done it, just going on what a couple people have said and kind of my own theory on it. So I might be wrong.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
I have never personally done it, just going on what a couple people have said and kind of my own theory on it. So I might be wrong.
You can only use one radio at a time. So its either CDMA or GSM. You do not have to soft reset either when changing from CDMA to GSM. I would be nice to have both on at the same time though.

=)
Old 11-01-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

louisk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to louisk Send a message via MSN to louisk Send a message via Yahoo to louisk

Does anyone know if when using this patched radio the GSM side of things works on the 3G network (ie. is this a GPRS data EDGE only connection), or WCDMA 3g data connection on either AT&T (850/2100), or Tmo (1700) frequency. (I may have the frequency numbers wrong, or even the names, but the point of the question is does the Sprint TP2 phone work on US 3G data networks, or is this only for Voice and Edge)?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

To flash this do we need to have a activated GSM sim inserted or does it need to be the sprint sim that came with the phone? I assuming the sprint sim since its for the radio but don't want to take a chance of messing things up.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok, so far in my searching I have not found a straight answer to this question: Does this combination of unlocker and radio flash unlock the US 3G bands? I know there are other unlockers out there that unlock US GSM networks but they don't unlock the US 3G 850/1900 UMTS bands.

Can anyone confirm that after doing this operation they are getting the USA 3G networks....not just EDGE speeds?

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development