PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD-PC View Post
well, this isn't going as smoothly as it should...

I'm running this unlocker on Windows Vista 64bit, with administrator rights. I've downloaded the newest version of the unlocker, I'm extracted to an empty folder on the local disc. I've my Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in ActiveSync with my computer through usb. I'm connected to the internet.

When I run the Unlocker, it opens up to the window with the choice to do automatic or manual. I choose automatic. the Pop up with the Choose OK and wait, shows up. I click it. Immediately an error box pops up saying that the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe has stopped working. I can choose Debug or Close program, I choose debug, but nothing ever comes up to tell me what may be wrong.

This is my first time dowloading the program, so it would be my 'free use'. I believe I've followed every step in the first post, and on the link that leads to the unlocker.
I would try it on my other computer, but I run Ubuntu on it, and I'm not sure if this program is compatible with Linux or the Wine program.

Any advice or slaps upside the head with the obvious would be appreciated greatly.

Same thing keeps happening to me. But like someone said, for me at least, could be the IP address. I'll try another computer though. I don't think it will work with Linux because there is no Active Sync available for it (if it is, please let me know, I use Ubuntu as well).
Old 01-14-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD-PC View Post
well, this isn't going as smoothly as it should...

I'm running this unlocker on Windows Vista 64bit, with administrator rights. I've downloaded the newest version of the unlocker, I'm extracted to an empty folder on the local disc. I've my Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in ActiveSync with my computer through usb. I'm connected to the internet.

When I run the Unlocker, it opens up to the window with the choice to do automatic or manual. I choose automatic. the Pop up with the Choose OK and wait, shows up. I click it. Immediately an error box pops up saying that the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe has stopped working. I can choose Debug or Close program, I choose debug, but nothing ever comes up to tell me what may be wrong.

This is my first time dowloading the program, so it would be my 'free use'. I believe I've followed every step in the first post, and on the link that leads to the unlocker.
I would try it on my other computer, but I run Ubuntu on it, and I'm not sure if this program is compatible with Linux or the Wine program.

Any advice or slaps upside the head with the obvious would be appreciated greatly.
Do you have DEP enabled? If so try disabling it for the duration of the upgrade.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianderson_76 View Post
Same thing keeps happening to me. But like someone said, for me at least, could be the IP address. I'll try another computer though. I don't think it will work with Linux because there is no Active Sync available for it (if it is, please let me know, I use Ubuntu as well).
The application crashing won't have anything to do with the IP address. Are you also on Vista-64 and running the app as admin? Do you have DEP enabled?
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

DAD-PC is a n00b

i have disabled DEP, and it still did not work, my anti virus (Avast) is turned off, as is the firewall. I've also tried disabling the Fast Sync option mentioned on page 97.
I will skim through these pages, and see if there might have been something I missed.

EDIT: Ok, it is the DEP, and I have set the EXE as an exception, but its still not working, it keeps popping up saying that Data Execution Prevention has closed this application. Do I have to stop DEP from the command line then?

Last edited by DAD-PC; 01-14-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

DAD-PC is a n00b

Got it! had to uninstall the drivers, and reinstalled them for the phone. after that it worked beautifully! Thanks, donation on its way!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

mylifeasapc is a n00b

Have tried literally everything I can think of to unlock this phone.

Verizon
RHOD500
SPL-0.63.0000

Automatic HardSPSL flash pulls a "Data corrupted" message after a few seconds no matter which stock ROM I'm running 6.1 or 6.5.

Battery and SD removed.

Unchecked/checked Fast USB settings. Didn't work.

Used SSPL, screen froze but never went to bootloader.

Tried putting phone into Bootloader mode then running the Manual mode. Doesn't recognize current ROM, once install begins it times out at 0% before Error 276.

If I hard reset, do i need to reactivate the phone first or wait and run this? I believe I've tried both now but its been so many times today I can't remember

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by mylifeasapc; 01-14-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Im on Windows7.
Upon first connection to computer, it started install device drivers online before use with activesync.
Unzipped "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL" and anti virus went crazy with trojan warning, I KNOW this was warned about, but why does it have be this way?
Edit: nevermind, virus progs dont like softwaretools.

Anyway I set antivirus to ignore without turning off any antivirus or firewall or DEP.
I just right clicked exe to run as administrator.
Everything then went smooth as butter

Thank You so much cmonex + Olipro, this is probably the singlular most important thing I do to my touch pro 2

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-15-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b

SUBMITTED THIS ON SUNDAY NIGHT FOR HELP, AS OF 10:19 PM 1/14/2010 EST, ticket still open. I'd really appreciate it if you can give me some help. Thank you very much!

ticket # 868236
need for personal unlock of my tp2.
I unlocked for 1 friend on my pc about two weeks ago (his old pc broken down, new pc had't arrive). then when I bought my tp2, couldn't do it on my pc, and did it on his new pc tonight, still couldn't get it.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited by azz777; 01-15-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
The application crashing won't have anything to do with the IP address. Are you also on Vista-64 and running the app as admin? Do you have DEP enabled?
Me acutally knowing quite a bit about computers, knew that was not the problem but it was worth a try anyway. The real problem, would be the firewall blocking the connection and so the program has an error. So, I needed to use another computer without the firewall set so I could allow the connection.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

azz777 is a n00b

after waiting for exactly one week, I finally got my tp2 unlocked, thanks to cmonex, will donate soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development