PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

willyksu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-28-09] [ROM] MR.X WM6.5 V1.6.5 [Build 21864] [SDConfig]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
this will help until an updated rom...cab to disable the sms notification...
Thanks for posting, tried this this morning and didnt seem to work on my verizon phone. I can wait for an updated rom.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyksu View Post
Thanks for posting, tried this this morning and didnt seem to work on my verizon phone. I can wait for an updated rom.
Attached is the CAB is use. I know it works. Credit goes to 8notime.

I'm having trouble with soft resets and my settings sticking as well. It has soft reset on me twice today. And last night it lost my ring tone settings.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable Verizon SMS Message Sent.cab (1.7 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-29-2009 at 06:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
PS Guys rate my thread id like to keep it at 5 starts hehehe
done.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

juggalo or anybody, is there a reg edit to kill the hard kb light or killit after 1min or something like that? stays on watching movies.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Downloading 11/28 ROM now!! Thanks JuggX!!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyksu View Post
Installed new rom, working great as usual. Anyway to shut off the "Message sent" notification after sending a text?
Yah its a rogue entry in the VZW cab, ill fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Hey Jug_X,

The data connection problem is still there with the GSM. Since I reflashed, I went ahead and didn't enter my SIM pin, so the phone couldn't ask to setup the GSM data connection. It set up the Verizon one first, then I let it switch to GSM and the connection wizard ran.

Switched back to CDMA, and again, it's defaulting to the GSM data connection and the only thing that fixes it is a hard reset. If I delete connection.xml, when I reprovision, it still keeps the GSM connection as the default.

So I'm going to backup and do a hard reset, and not let the connection wizard run until you can find the problem or I'm actually in Europe and need the connection. It just makes me a little nervous that it won't work when I'm over there and actually need it.

Even now, when I go into Select Networks, it SHOWS Verizon Wireless, but still tries to connect to the GSM data, resulting in the "No Modem" error.

EDIT: Just some extra info, that might help you diagnose, I can post you some screenshots if it helps. When the GSM connection wizard runs, it creates 3 new connections: Mobitel Internet (which shows up along side Verizon Wireless in the manage existing connections windows), Mobitel MMS, and Planet (which do not show up anywhere but under Select Networks). Planet is Mobitel's WAP portal. I went in and tried to delete all the connections but no matter what I do Planet and Mobitel MMS remain, but I can delete Mobitel Internet and Verizon Wireless without a problem. It seems that the data settings are still not linked to whether you are in CDMA only or GSM only modes.

EDIT 2: So I was able to avoid a hard reset by deleting the settings for all 4 connections, Verizon, Mobitel, Mobi MMS, and Planet (although I can't seem to get rid of the last two no matter what) and then re-provisioning. But I would greatly appreciate if you could look into Verizon's implementation of data connections that are sensitive to the mode that you're in CDMA or GSM only. The way it is now, if there is ANY other connection available besides the Verizon one, it will default to that regardless of mode. It was really nice to get off the plane switch to GSM only and have my email refresh on the stock VZW rom.
Bear with me ill get this fixed thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Is there a way to get a cab to remove the youtube 2.6 I am on Cricket Service and 2.6 has never work...no matter who's rom or kitchen.

Youtube 1.6 works great for me...I tried a my youtube 1.6 cab by it just messed it up totally. Can you help?
Whats the issue? maybe i can help rather then downgrading you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Attached is the CAB is use. I know it works. Credit goes to 8notime.

I'm having trouble with soft resets and my settings sticking as well. It has soft reset on me twice today. And last night it lost my ring tone settings.
Thx for posting ill use this cab to locate my rogue reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
juggalo or anybody, is there a reg edit to kill the hard kb light or killit after 1min or something like that? stays on watching movies.
:S my KB shuts off after bout 5 seconds in core player.... can you tell me what you have installed?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Oh yah can a VZW user test to see if the My Fav button on the KB works?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

hi - does the v1.6.5 rom have the wm6.5 device lock or the wm6 pin lock? i've noticed that other roms which have switched over the the USC wm6.5 rom have now reverted to the wm6 pin lock.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Oh yah can a VZW user test to see if the My Fav button on the KB works?
cant believe i overlooked this, my fav button does not work!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb247 View Post
cant believe i overlooked this, my fav button does not work!
So how does it usually work? a start shortcut or when u press it it starts the setup for this. I dont have the button so i cant even test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development