PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [11-26-09] [ROM] MR.X WM6.5 V1.6.1 [Build 21864] [SDConfig]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.wayne View Post
Real quick question - is anyone having any issues regarding the Sound Notification for the Event: New MMS?

I'm able to send and receive MMS just fine (having used the provisioning under Connections, plus the Arcsoft that was listed in Post #3), however my sound for this particular event just doesn't seem to be working at all.

I get the MMS downloaded icon on the taskbar, and when I check my messages (I'm running under Titanium), I see the MMS. I made sure the "Play Sound" event was checked off, and I checked off "Vibrate" for good measure, but none of these triggered.

When I send an SMS and receive an SMS, I do get an alert sound triggering - but I'm trying to narrow down whether or not this is just me, or perhaps something that I may have installed afterwards.
MMS is the only thing i cannot test on telus. so im hopeing that other users can verify this or say no aint happening

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

One issue I've noticed on this ROM and on MM ROM is that when I'm connected using bluetooth (Altec Lansing 906 A2DP stereo headset) and I'm on the phone with someone, when I go to turn the screen off so I can put my phone in my pocket without hitting all kinds of buttons, the screen intermittently comes back on and goes off. Then it comes back on and stays on. Sometimes if I keep turning the screen back off it will stay off. But most of the time it comes back on and stays on.

This is the only issue I've had with this ROM. Everything else seems flawless.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
One issue I've noticed on this ROM and on MM ROM is that when I'm connected using bluetooth (Altec Lansing 906 A2DP stereo headset) and I'm on the phone with someone, when I go to turn the screen off so I can put my phone in my pocket without hitting all kinds of buttons, the screen intermittently comes back on and goes off. Then it comes back on and stays on. Sometimes if I keep turning the screen back off it will stay off. But most of the time it comes back on and stays on.

This is the only issue I've had with this ROM. Everything else seems flawless.
this is the proxy sensory having a seizure, its nothing to do with the rom its the driver. the proxy sensor is on the top left of the device beside the ear speaker. when you put anything near it it shuts the screen off, when you remove it it turns it back on. this is exactly whats happening. My advice would be to lock the device and when u put it in your pocket it will put the screen to sleep after about 10 seconds
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
MMS is the only thing i cannot test on telus. so im hopeing that other users can verify this or say no aint happening
had a fellow staff member who runs my rom test. he has no issues with his mms notificatio0ns
Old 11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mark.wayne is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
had a fellow staff member who runs my rom test. he has no issues with his mms notificatio0ns
Were the sounds kicking off for him on that particular event?

It's really weird - the default enabled "MMS Sending/Sent" kicks off fine, but when I receive one - unless I'm looking at the phone, I don't hear my sound trigger.

The LED light flashes, I see the taskbar icon show the receiving MMS and all, and the Notification screen indicates that an MMS has been received (when I click at the notification bar, that's where it shows)

I just can't seem to get the sound to trigger for some reason..
Old 11-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:

It's really weird - the default enabled "MMS Sending/Sent" kicks off fine, but when I receive one - unless I'm looking at the phone, I don't hear my sound trigger.

The LED light flashes, I see the taskbar icon show the receiving MMS and all, and the Notification screen indicates that an MMS has been received (when I click at the notification bar, that's where it shows)

he informed me he has had no issues with ant send or rec' notifications for any of his apps, such as SMS, MMS, Video MMS and Email.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Quote:

Just a thought. Did you hard reset after installing? This will reduce your chance of having minor issues. I'd recommend that before getting rid of this ROM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Ok, so more with my data connection problems. One the first boot of the phone, before I had a chance to run the VZW provisioning, it detected that I had a Mobitel SIM (from Europe) and asked to start setting up the data connections. It went ahead and created the GSM data connection.

I then ran the CDMA provisioning to set up VZW. The problem is now, when I got to select networks, it will let me change it to verizon, but ALWAYS keeps defaulting back to Mobitel after sometime. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after the next soft reset.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Bullhead, you see what i mean about the proxy sensor in call? how as soon as it gets close to ur face or when u put ur finger near it it shuts the screen off in call.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Ok, so more with my data connection problems. One the first boot of the phone, before I had a chance to run the VZW provisioning, it detected that I had a Mobitel SIM (from Europe) and asked to start setting up the data connections. It went ahead and created the GSM data connection.

I then ran the CDMA provisioning to set up VZW. The problem is now, when I got to select networks, it will let me change it to verizon, but ALWAYS keeps defaulting back to Mobitel after sometime. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after the next soft reset.
This is because you have set up the GSM connection first so CM guardian which i use to set the connections via my cab thinks thats your default and keeps setting it back to that. Its doing what its designed to do which is set the connection for the user via connections.xml

I always set up my rogers data last and haven't had this issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development