PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   FINAL [ROM] ll* CFay_RHOD_500/400 *ll ll* CEOS 21890 *ll ll*Build 1.5 *ll FINAL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88792)

Claude9039u 11-04-2009 10:27 AM

Re: [ROM] **RELEASED**(11-2-09) CFay_RHOD_500/400_Windows Mobile 6.5 Rom

Cool and thanks

tillithz 11-04-2009 10:38 AM

this rom is rock solid! I have tried a few others and found wanting to go back to stock due to crashes, freezing, and things not working.

BUT this rom is smooth! I have 1 problem and its completely my fault. That is I installed the Compact Home cab, so I could free up some space on the home screen for my wallpaper. Once I did that, the clock if not minimized is messed up. but if i minimize it, it goes up and displays fine.

The battery life is crazy good too! All day yesterday from 6 am to 8 pm. I was sitting at 80% at 8:30pm.

If anyone might know how to get clock working again when expanded, that be great, if not I am still thrilled with the rom! no problems at all!

CFay 11-04-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillithz (Post 1297225)
this rom is rock solid! I have tried a few others and found wanting to go back to stock due to crashes, freezing, and things not working.

BUT this rom is smooth! I have 1 problem and its completely my fault. That is I installed the Compact Home cab, so I could free up some space on the home screen for my wallpaper. Once I did that, the clock if not minimized is messed up. but if i minimize it, it goes up and displays fine.

The battery life is crazy good too! All day yesterday from 6 am to 8 pm. I was sitting at 80% at 8:30pm.

If anyone might know how to get clock working again when expanded, that be great, if not I am still thrilled with the rom! no problems at all!

Try uninstalling cab if that doesnt work hard reset.

Ok im off for a few hours school calls lol.
-CFay

touch_rules 11-04-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFay (Post 1297160)
Data works perfect, im on Sprint too and it works pefect...
-CFay

I'm going to try one more hard reset and if it doesn't work I'm going to try MightyMikes.

Is there a carrier cab or anything I need to install. I was able to make a call this morning but still no data. I get the unable to connect to 777 error and nothing works. I too am on Sprint.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

meatgel 11-04-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch_rules (Post 1297239)
I'm going to try one more hard reset and if it doesn't work I'm going to try MightyMikes.

Is there a carrier cab or anything I need to install. I was able to make a call this morning but still no data. I get the unable to connect to 777 error and nothing works. I too am on Sprint.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I've used this one and Mighty's and didn't use a carrier cab for either and had no problems. I read somewhere here that if you lose your data and can't provision from the ROM it is best to flash back to stock, make sure your data works, then flash back to the ROM you want. Can't remember which ROM thread I read that in ... somebody couldn't get data to work even with the carrier cab and this was the fix.

boostedmr2 11-04-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1296899)
did you restore doing pim backup? I stay at 65 % after hours of use and with opera mini open, it never goes over 70% and things run pretty smothly..... Also do you use any clean ram or anything?????

yes i restored using pimbbackup only contacts. i am also not using any ram cleaners. sometimes the hardware keyboard stops working. but if i hit the power button turn the screen off and on again it starts working. anyone else getting that problem. i have reflashed from the sd card and same thing should i redownload and flash again? also in the tweak fourm they have the d3d driver. should i install cause the fps also seem really low or is that because of the weather animation and the flip clock thats always flipping. thank you guys for any help.

touch_rules 11-04-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1297251)
I've used this one and Mighty's and didn't use a carrier cab for either and had no problems. I read somewhere here that if you lose your data and can't provision from the ROM it is best to flash back to stock, make sure your data works, then flash back to the ROM you want. Can't remember which ROM thread I read that in ... somebody couldn't get data to work even with the carrier cab and this was the fix.

Thanks, I always flash back to stock first anyway, but I don't usually let it set up, you know, tap the screen and let it run and all that.

I will set it up now since I just finished flashing the stock rom and check my data. I don't know why I would need to do all that, never had to do that with my Diamond or my wifes TP but I will try it anyway.

Thanks for the tip. I will let you know what happens.

kirstein 11-04-2009 11:11 AM

So far looks good! I tried this ROM after finding too many workarounds needed with Mighty. I was looking for a ROM built by someone who is on Sprint. Nothing flashy, just solid 6.5 and Manila 2.1 Sense. The SMS worked out of the box. Only issue like others is that pesky SetSysTimeZone.exe warning. Wish I knew what was triggering it, cause I just don't have time to hard reset and reload everything for a while.

ycats 11-04-2009 11:18 AM

I did another hard-reset and that setsystimezone error still exists.

saj070 11-04-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirstein (Post 1297307)
So far looks good! I tried this ROM after finding too many workarounds needed with Mighty. I was looking for a ROM built by someone who is on Sprint. Nothing flashy, just solid 6.5 and Manila 2.1 Sense. The SMS worked out of the box. Only issue like others is that pesky SetSysTimeZone.exe warning. Wish I knew what was triggering it, cause I just don't have time to hard reset and reload everything for a while.

install sdkcerts.cab it is in the forum that should take care of that..