PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: +++ [ROM] [02/14/10] JUICY ROM (21892.5.0.89) [Sense UI] [XDA UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
I'm a little tired... maybe in R10
Juicy, here are some bugs I hope you can hotfix. Honestly R9 is big disappointmnt. I used Juicy religiously on the TP, and have been using mightyrom on the tp2. R9 was my first experience on the tp2 with it, and it doesn't even work out of the box.

My bug list
  • Can't open/view/compose emails in messaging
  • Can't open a URL from a text message
  • Provisioning is broken and must be re-config each soft reset
  • Battery drain?
  • Phone feels warmer than usual

Here's a link to a quickfix for data that worked for me. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5899

Last edited by rdwing; 02-14-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
Juicy, here are some bugs I hope you can hotfix. Honestly R9 is big disappointmnt. I used Juicy religiously on the TP, and have been using mightyrom on the tp2. R9 was my first experience on the tp2 with it, and it doesn't even work out of the box.

My bug list
  • Can't open/view/compose emails in messaging
  • Can't open a URL from a text message
  • Provisioning is broken and must be re-config each soft reset
  • Battery drain?
  • Phone feels warmer than usual

Here's a link to a quickfix for data that worked for me. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=5899
I've already acknowledged that the provisioning is broken. The amended R9 release is uploading as we speak
Old 02-14-2010, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

btw if it's any consolation for my blunders, I'm using multi-upload so you don't get jammed by rapidshare upon release.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Juicy, thanks for the heads up in regards to the provisioning! Also, E-Mail is a dealbreaker for me and for many others, I am sure, so some sort of fix would be greatly appreciated when you have the chance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

lgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlgrulz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Juicy, thanks for the heads up in regards to the provisioning! Also, E-Mail is a dealbreaker for me and for many others, I am sure, so some sort of fix would be greatly appreciated when you have the chance.
Sorry noob here and just got to this thread but perhaps the new provisioning thats downloading now might clear up the email and other quirky things going on?

**EDIT** Maybe not...

Last edited by lgrulz; 02-14-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
DAMNIT

I missed the e-mail bug.

UPDATE: fixed... time to re-upload

Last edited by Juicy47; 02-14-2010 at 05:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

juicy,

as it may seem you getting a lot of heat from other users...i DO appreciate the r9 release (even thou the prov.) maybe others dont realize that it was 2-3 in the AM when you released (thats late) so being tired but still pushing forward to get a release out is great effort in my book (your only human, skit happens)

thanks, waiting for new upload as we speak...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint Carrier)
Carrier: Sprint

Gregory Lima is keeping up the good workGregory Lima is keeping up the good work

Excellent !!! Will it help to re-up to sendspace when its released?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
juicy,

as it may seem you getting a lot of heat from other users...i DO appreciate the r9 release (even thou the prov.) maybe others dont realize that it was 2-3 in the AM when you released (thats late) so being tired but still pushing forward to get a release out is great effort in my book (your only human, skit happens)

thanks, waiting for new upload as we speak...
thanks kj,

reality is

1) it was late
2) R9 is really the base of S0 (my next series of ROM, with a rebuilt kitchen)
3) I don't have an activated phone

on the flipside, people want everything to be 100% bug free. i couldn't deliver on the initial release at 3am, but will hope to do better in the next little bit... as R9 gets re-released.

thx to all for patience, support, and trouble shooting!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ya juicy thanks so much for the very hard work and the late nights you put into your roms. i love all of the roms you put out and your right no rom will be 100% bug free. And i cant wait to see what you come up in the future. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development