PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
Look below this may do the trick....

Which icons do you need fixed?
Well I've got several similar icon sets, so im trying to clean up all the icons so theyre all similar. not sure exactly the coding behind reStart/CSMI. not sure if they're reg edits or what. I've got most of my icons done, just cant figure out how to change anything in the settings folder...

unless i can move the .lnk from the settings folder into a folder i can access, change the icon, and then move it back...?
Old 05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
K so i've searched and googled like crazy on this... so maybe im just blind or im lookin in the wrong places...

how would i go about changing the icons for the shortcuts in the "Settings" folder in the start menu? I've tried reStart and CSMI and neither of them will let me change the shortcuts within the "Settings" folder. i can change the actual folder icon, but not anything inside it...

TIA!!!
the start menu icons are in the windows folder, some chefs have the icons named similar to this "StartMenu_System", StartMenu_Connections" etc. so you just name ur new icons accordingly and copy/replace them into the "Windows" folder.

not sure how Mike has icons named, does any one know?

you could always hunt down the icons in the windows directory for what to name the replacement icons, did this once on energy but it is a very tedious task.

Last edited by WFG; 05-01-2010 at 07:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Well I've got several similar icon sets, so im trying to clean up all the icons so theyre all similar. not sure exactly the coding behind reStart/CSMI. not sure if they're reg edits or what. I've got most of my icons done, just cant figure out how to change anything in the settings folder...

unless i can move the .lnk from the settings folder into a folder i can access, change the icon, and then move it back...?
reSTART makes reg edits...I am not sure about CSMI as I haven't used it before...

To change the files in the settings folder you must go to this Registry

[HKLM/Security/Shell/StartInfo/Start/Settings]

Each folder in there labled mycpl.cpl,## is an icon that you can change...the other folders are the folders in the system folder which you can click through for further editing....just click on the 'Icon' string value to change...

Last edited by tjELITE; 05-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 View Post
sorry, but i meant add a city that is not on there. I previously used energyrom and my city was in the weather database, but not it is not
Try JVH3 Weather City Editor - Version 3.5 I just used it to add a city.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141
Old 05-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
reSTART makes reg edits...I am not sure about CSMI as I haven't used it before...

To change the files in the settings folder you must go to this Registry

[HKLM/Security/Shell/StartInfo/Start/Settings]

Each folder in there labled mycpl.cpl,## is an icon that you can change...the other folders are the folders in the system folder which you can click through for further editing....just click on the 'Icon' string value to change...
Thanks!!!!! I'll go look into it right now!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

IcyStorm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
For those of you on SE, what is your average gwes running at? I have been using my phone all day now and never get above 18,000 kb.
Mine's been going at 33MB at times.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

crashdau is keeping up the good workcrashdau is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
For those of you on SE, what is your average gwes running at? I have been using my phone all day now and never get above 18,000 kb.
I'm at 23MB...

also, running Good Mobile Messaging....crap!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyStorm View Post
Mine's been going at 33MB at times.
my gwes is at 27mb but I have cookie running. plus if you use alot of apps it will go up. without opening anything on a cold boot, its around 20.5mb. running SE and its great.

Last edited by Riley; 05-01-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VzW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

crashdau is keeping up the good workcrashdau is keeping up the good work

I'm running SE, but I really liked the standard keyboard of FF. Is there anyway to get that keyboard onto SE?

Good Mobile Messaging forces the use of the standard keyboard when unlocking and 6.5's in not very finger friendly where FF's was.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

I'm on Full Force and loving it, if only my caller id screen worked in landscape. as it is now, if I have my phone in landscape (say, in the car) the caller id screen willl not appear while the phone is ringing. Once I answer the phone the call status screen shows. I've installed a fair number of programs but no "tweaks" outside of LockDevice and ziggy's start menu cleaner upper.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe a hard reset could cure it? I'm posting from my phone so searching was difficult, although I tried and came up empty.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Did I help? The is down to the right

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2