PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

jrgolfpro 09-08-2010 08:51 PM

Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC (Post 1938852)
So is MightyROM gonna make it's way to Android anytime soon..??

That's kinda the idea...

chunnel 09-09-2010 12:08 AM

I just purchased a Touch Pro 2. I have run Mightly Rom previously on a Touch Pro. However, this forum doesn't seem as organized as I cannot find any instructions on how to or where to find the unlocker. Additionally, there are 4 downloads for this ROM with no instruction as to which one is the proper one. I'm assuming the 2nd one from the top is the right one as that is from June 20th. Please help.

mwalt2 09-09-2010 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chunnel (Post 1939142)
I just purchased a Touch Pro 2. I have run Mightly Rom previously on a Touch Pro. However, this forum doesn't seem as organized as I cannot find any instructions on how to or where to find the unlocker. Additionally, there are 4 downloads for this ROM with no instruction as to which one is the proper one. I'm assuming the 2nd one from the top is the right one as that is from June 20th. Please help.

The unlocker I used is attached to this post. It's for CDMA. If you want to download it yourself, it's available at the following link: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php .

I have no idea about mike's rom as I make my own.

chunnel 09-09-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1939203)
The unlocker I used is attached to this post. It's for CDMA. If you want to download it yourself, it's available at the following link: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php .

I have no idea about mike's rom as I make my own.

Well, I have unlocked the phone and installed Mighty ROM. I have several issues. First the GPS is working, but, it is not very accurate. 50-200 away. My Touch and Touch Pro were very accurate. Do I need to make Registry changes?

2nd, I have Windows Mobile Device Center working only with USB. I have paired my phone via bluetooth and can use Bluetooth FTP to see the main folder on the phone via Bluetooth and transfer files, but the computer won't see the whole phone. Windows Mobile Center cannot see the phone when connected Via Bluetooth.

imnuts 09-09-2010 01:38 PM

Go to Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > CDMA Services tab and change the location setting to on/enabled and then make sure whatever program you're using is setup to use the GPS and not just aGPS. Also open up QuickGPS and make sure it has the latest satellite data.

chunnel 09-09-2010 02:14 PM

Ok, that's fine. What about the fact that I cannot use ActiveSync with Bluetooth?

JDM_SOHC 09-09-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrgolfpro (Post 1939003)
That's kinda the idea...

No shit, I was more or less looking for an expected date, not a useless comment from some noob... But thnx tho..

jshaas2 09-09-2010 03:09 PM

Dude what up. long time no see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 1939516)
Go to Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > CDMA Services tab and change the location setting to on/enabled and then make sure whatever program you're using is setup to use the GPS and not just aGPS. Also open up QuickGPS and make sure it has the latest satellite data.

imnuts 09-09-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1939618)
Dude what up. long time no see.

Nothing really. There hasn't been much new in the TP2 world outside of Android, and using it on my phone just makes me want to get a Droid Incredible, so I'm trying to find hardware issues with my phone so I can get it replaced. Already got one replacement and that is getting replaced tomorrow as vibrate doesn't work. So maybe a few more bad replacements and I'll get my wish. Windows Phone just seems to have disappeared, despite WP7 coming out soon and MS trying to push for it, it seems like VZW is going Android. I'll probably jump ship at some point unless WP7 really has some impressive stuff once it finally comes out, but ATM, it doesn't look like it. I've also started checking in some since Mike said there would be an update at some point.

chunnel 09-09-2010 08:53 PM

Some of us like Windows because of the functionality for business and how it can be used with Outlook fairly easily. This issue prevents iPhone or Android from being anything other than cute. Sorry to see y'all are giving up on Windows, but I need it. Can anyone help me with the Bluetooth issue? Can't use Bluetooth with ActiveSync nor can I see the whole phone when paired, just the bluetooth folder on the phone. But I can sync and see the whole phone when paired via USB.