PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATED 9-20-11~ROM|userROM|29022

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
Thx for the info.. i really like your rom hopefully you get video playback to work
yeah i think i'll just include the codec in the next builds , however i dont have any other Lite builds , so i'll try to come across the EXT package and attempt to make a cab out of it for ya thanks for your interest ! slapped ya some thanks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mtako is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice to find a bare bones rom for mobile shell. Has anyone tried the sim card support on this rom? I'm going to be traveling abroad soon and it'd be nice to get some confirmation that I'll be able to use the gsm ability of our phones. I'm on a sprint TP2 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtako View Post
Nice to find a bare bones rom for mobile shell. Has anyone tried the sim card support on this rom? I'm going to be traveling abroad soon and it'd be nice to get some confirmation that I'll be able to use the gsm ability of our phones. I'm on a sprint TP2 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
good question lol . its based off sprints stock ROM and the only thing I changed sim card wise was the "stk" or sim tool kit which only is used for transferring contacts . which my ROM automatically reads contacts which are on the sim card . nothing should have changed in terms of radio support or networks .thanks for your interest !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Lurker

mtako is a n00b

Thanks for explanation about the sim. Sounds good to me lol. Started running your rom last night, very smooth! I get about 110mb of free ram with mobile shell and after removing the start menu.

Noticed one thing. Looks like programs like calculator, Mobile office, teater, etc are still on the bare bones rom. One of your other variations mentioned it included calculator, so I thought it would be even more basic.

Not that I'm complaining. I should really get into the cooking game myself at some point.

Thanks again for the great rom!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for explanation about the sim. Sounds good to me lol. Started running your rom last night, very smooth! I get about 110mb of free ram with mobile shell and after removing the start menu.

Noticed one thing. Looks like programs like calculator, Mobile office, teater, etc are still on the bare bones rom. One of your other variations mentioned it included calculator, so I thought it would be even more basic.

Not that I'm complaining. I should really get into the cooking game myself at some point.

Thanks again for the great rom!
Looking back on it i would see why you would expect that to have those items removed , thanks for the tip ! i'll prolly remove them in my update . casue i fixed my radio issue plus i still plan on making sense ROMs . im just so effing busy with school and work the only time i have freee is usually just posting on this amazing forum ! but im glad you like it , and yeah the only way to have the perfect ROM is to cook one yourself thats why i started .
Old 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Lurker

mtako is a n00b

Yup, still love my TP2 despite it's age. Now that development is fairly static (aka dead), I've been meaning to make it as good as I can by cooking a "final" rom. Maybe I can make that my new years resolution .

This is a 6.5 rom (as opposed to 6.5.x) correct? I was just noticing that the open/close/menu buttons are all located at the bottom. I thought this was a characteristic of 6.5.x. Some of my older apps don't play nicely with this layout. Just wondering if the layout is a setting that can be changed or just the nature of the WM version.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Yup, still love my TP2 despite it's age. Now that development is fairly static (aka dead), I've been meaning to make it as good as I can by cooking a "final" rom. Maybe I can make that my new years resolution .

This is a 6.5 rom (as opposed to 6.5.x) correct? I was just noticing that the open/close/menu buttons are all located at the bottom. I thought this was a characteristic of 6.5.x. Some of my older apps don't play nicely with this layout. Just wondering if the layout is a setting that can be changed or just the nature of the WM version.
This is 6.5.x with the start menu at the bottom. 6.5 has start at top left.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Looking back on it i would see why you would expect that to have those items removed , thanks for the tip ! i'll prolly remove them in my update . casue i fixed my radio issue plus i still plan on making sense ROMs . im just so effing busy with school and work the only time i have freee is usually just posting on this amazing forum ! but im glad you like it , and yeah the only way to have the perfect ROM is to cook one yourself thats why i started .
Take your time with the Manila 2.1 version. I'll keep running titanium until then. Rather have a flawless ROM than a halfass one for sure. Let me know if and when you need it tested.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Lurker

mtako is a n00b

Ok got it. Some of the earlier posts in this thread lead me to believe it was 6.5., But I guess 29022 denotes the build number looks like is 6.5.x. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok got it. Some of the earlier posts in this thread lead me to believe it was 6.5., But I guess 29022 denotes the build number looks like is 6.5.x. Thanks for the clarification.
yes I had a 6.5 ROM before but then just went full 6.5.5 . hope you are enjoying it !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development