PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-30-11★SharkieROM v3.4★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2019

noticed another graphic bug in landscape along w/ the before mentioned weather and internet tabs. when you slide kb open in any tab except home then tap the retractable slider the tabs are misaligned.

i did notice w/ that weather graphic bug if you go to the tab at first look its not there but once you go to the tab it does an update and then after the update is complete then it appears. not sure if that will help or not
Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
New ROM came down the pipe! New Sense came with it!

So far the only real difference I see is the Settings Tab. I've only been playing with it for a few min. though so there may be more. Of course, it has some fixed to be worked out first, but I should have something up soon!

Not sure what those 2 blank spots are yet. Haven't got that far...

sweet looking forward to it!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hurdpcs is keeping up the good workhurdpcs is keeping up the good work

Sharkie,

Perhaps I am asking an inappropriate question, if so my apologies. Is it possible to have ringtones and alarm tones installed from a cab instead of from the rom so the tones that aren't used can be removed?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdpcs View Post
Sharkie,

Perhaps I am asking an inappropriate question, if so my apologies. Is it possible to have ringtones and alarm tones installed from a cab instead of from the rom so the tones that aren't used can be removed?

You can do it before you flash using HtcRIE
[warning] Please read this before flash any official rom - xda-developers
I use it every flash to reduce scrolling through extra things I don't use. If you decide it is for you and have any questions feel free to pm me.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdpcs View Post
Sharkie,

My first instinct is to say no, I'm not going to do that. However, after having thought about it a little more, this is definitely a possibility. It would allow me to place them somewhere other than \Windows as well, which would help the ROMs stability and what not. We'll see... But, this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
You can do it before you flash using HtcRIE
[warning] Please read this before flash any official rom - xda-developers
I use it every flash to reduce scrolling through extra things I don't use. If you decide it is for you and have any questions feel free to pm me.
is a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
noticed another graphic bug in landscape along w/ the before mentioned weather and internet tabs. when you slide kb open in any tab except home then tap the retractable slider the tabs are misaligned.
I'm not sure what you mean here. I'm trying to recreate, but I can't. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean. Is a screenshot possible?

Although, I'm on Sense 2021 at the moment, so that may be it... But post a screenie, if you can.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: sprint

batwing is just getting started

Hi Sharkie,

First of all many thx and infinite Kudos for this great job. This ROM is by far my fav and I am stunned byt the speed you have been able to pack in it, considering all the niceties are on.

About the Media improvement:

My version now is working like a charm. Youtube is perfectly fluid and in sync. Media player movies streamed from my network server look great, it looks like a better full screen and doesn t buffer too often either. Amazing.

Only 2 issues:
1 - It looks like there is a wrong setting on how to open .WMV. When i try to open that, it opens the Gallery instead, displaying my pictures (...?). Is there any simple way to edit in regedit a key for the .WMV behavior opening Media Player?
However I tested the movies opening "from" media player and they play great, so the improvement is working

2 - Opening .MP4 movies, the player starts but freeze on the "loading circle" while audio starts correctly ut video doesn t come up.

Thank you so much for all of your work. if you have quick fixes for this stuff i would prefer that better than re-flash all again

See ya
Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Great to hear! I'm glad you're liking the ROM. I'll look into the 2 issues you mentioned. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

I'm a little under the weather today and am feeling worse as the day progresses. When I get home from work, I'm probably gonna hit the sack and it'll probably be like that for the next few days. So, it won't be soon, but I'll let you know when I have something for you to test out.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: sprint

batwing is just getting started

Hey Sharkie, thx for the fast reply and i wish all the best to you to get better

I googled around a lil bit and i found this great little utility:
WMKits
How to set file association in windows mobile phone

The easiest way to change extension association on WM You may want to consider to add it to your tool pack, is very useful

I fixed the little mistake and I can confirm that the ext .WMV was linked to HTCgallery (or something similar, can t recall).
Now video are starting perfectly in media player.

.MP4 issue not solved yet.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
N00b

Sharkie,

On another topic, has there been any progress on getting videos to playback at the proper speed?

Thanks for the quick replies!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
N00b

Nevermind, perhaps I should read ALL of the posts! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development