PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1-16-11-Updated★SharkieROM v3.0★Generic\Sprint★23563\21916★Sense2019

Hey Sharkie, Flashed 3.0 (6.5.x)... Gotta say it's good stuff, First TP2 ROM I've seen with the manila highlights skinned! For someone who just wants to flash a ROM & not have to install apps or tweaks this is for them, great right out the box, & you make a Sprint specific ROM... Thanks for sharing =D>

Last edited by WFG; 01-19-2011 at 10:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
All that cab is, is the registry settings you mentioned. I'll put this issue on my to do list. It seems like it'd be an easy fix. We'll see... Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
thanks.. appreciate it. for now i am going back to vins until i can find a solution for this. i would love to try this rom again.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have to imagine I am the only one seeing this from reading all the responses - but battery life is a lot worse compared to the Sharkie cutting edge ROM I was running since last December. Everything works perfect on this ROM though so I hate to flash to another one - but the battery life is not real good for me for some reason. I had 100% this morning, drove with bluetooth connected (no talking) and within 30 minutes I was already at 90%. I am at 18% now at 4:30 PM and only had 1 call today (20 minute call). I used to be able to last the whole day and be at around 50% and having several calls and email checks.

I am thinking of trying the Sharkie Beta from 1/11. If anyone has suggestions on what to try, I am all ears. I disable bluetooth when not in car, 30 mins on weather updates, and manual email checks via ActiveSync.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro II
Carrier: Boost

SubtleAggression is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
In a nutshell... whenever you flash a ROM tiny bits of it can be left on the phone, then you flash another on top of that and some traces of it may be left as well, then you flash someone else's ROM and that ROM leaves behind a tiny bit of info. too. Next thing you know you're having these weird issues like the email notification going off non stop, which I've never had on any of my ROMs.

Task29 is like a super cleaner. It wipes the phone totally clean of any traces of previous ROMs/software/registry etc... So that when you install a ROM, you're installing it on a fresh, squeaky clean slate versus on top of bits and pieces of old information.

That's my understanding of it anyway. For this reason, I don't think it's necessary to Task29 if your reflashing the exact same ROM. It's only laying down the exact same information. Unless of course the reason you're reflashing is because something is F'ed up to begin with. In which case, yes, you should Task29 that sucker.

Glad you're diggin' the ROM. Thanks for the compliments!

any suggestions on a radio? im going to try re flashing your rom tonight or tomorrow. thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Wish I could help but I am always ****in around w/my phone all the time. Also always keep a spare batt w/me so never I use any battery saving tweaks.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleAggression View Post
any suggestions on a radio? im going to try re flashing your rom tonight or tomorrow. thanks!
I use a version of task29 that only puts a splash screen on the phone and does not mess around with the radio (at least that is my understanding).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1675296-post9.html
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2 Vindows plutonium Rom
Carrier: sprint

cganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcganesh75 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
if you search vin's rom thread you will find links to 2.37WV and 2.35WV.. they are kick ass radio. yes its verizon, but i have it on my sprint tp2 and its great
Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

coolguy001 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cganesh75 View Post
i downloaded your sprint 6.5 and flashed it.. i usually google sync my contacts and calendar through activesync. i set up the same way for this rom also, but when i click on the "sync" .. its not attempting to connect at all. any idea whats going on? otherwise i like the layout and such. I am a long time vindows user, just wanted to try yours and see how it goes

nvm: its works now
I'm not sure we met the same problem. To solve my Activesync issue, I used the following solution:

On the phonw: Start -> Settings -> All Settings (bottom left) -> Connections -> USB to PC

uncheck "Enable faster data synchronization"
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
thanks.. appreciate it. for now i am going back to vins until i can find a solution for this. i would love to try this rom again.
why is this a 'deal breaker' for you you said your a s s dials when keyboard is opened and then unlocked (instead of staying locked) i understand the issue but how is the keyboard opening up while under your a s s? i would think the phone would break under that situation. seems like a small prob to just give up on all the fast beauty
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
I have to imagine I am the only one seeing this from reading all the responses - but battery life is a lot worse compared to the Sharkie cutting edge ROM I was running since last December. Everything works perfect on this ROM though so I hate to flash to another one - but the battery life is not real good for me for some reason. I had 100% this morning, drove with bluetooth connected (no talking) and within 30 minutes I was already at 90%. I am at 18% now at 4:30 PM and only had 1 call today (20 minute call). I used to be able to last the whole day and be at around 50% and having several calls and email checks.

I am thinking of trying the Sharkie Beta from 1/11. If anyone has suggestions on what to try, I am all ears. I disable bluetooth when not in car, 30 mins on weather updates, and manual email checks via ActiveSync.
well as for 90%-100% on the battery, no matter what rom your on this will always drain fast (basicly your at 100 then in no time down to 90). i was having battery drains couple 2-3 roms back but i narrowed the cause for me down to 2 apps (reremind and auto loud speaker) once i have taken these to out my battery is extremely better. do you have any of those? if not then maybe you have another app that may be causing drain. i honestly dont think its the rom, after i narrowed my drain down and nobody else w/ these issues being reported. the only real way to test this is a long procedure and it well kinda sucks but install 1 app (or 2/3 max) at a time and per day. if you can go the day w/ good batt then the next day another 1-3 until you notice drain then you'll have to narrow down between the apps you installed that day if over 1. i say 1 a day will take forever but 3 wont but then you have to narrow those down. i have 1 more suggestion, under nue battery hit menu then load defaults, then only check 1% (only if you have to have 1% battery increments otherwise leave at default) and leave that for the day and check results.

i started using chts and playing w/ the settings and my battery is lasting longer
Quote:
i would have to agree w/ slthomas, if your just looking for a clean slate task 29 w/ a splash screen. if you wanting to test out radios then do that but be careful cause it can cause brick if 1 its not the correct radio or 2 the flash ddoesnt complete (to my understanding)

sense, to me, is blazing fast, more so then i ever seen it. the 'sub' volume control is great and the in call volume doesnt change w/ every new call. maybe the text saying your loading customizations or whatever could be the same text as the touch pro 2 1st boot splash. the left side of the taskbar doesnt pop up that big icon menu thingy like in previous roms but now the notification manager, which i like better (never used the oversized icons) how hard to put wifi router in the comm manager? or was that the issue from what back at the begin, i cant remember. a few graphic glitchs in landscape but not a big deal, will post screenies later.

another job well done
Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro II
Carrier: Boost

SubtleAggression is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
I use a version of task29 that only puts a splash screen on the phone and does not mess around with the radio (at least that is my understanding).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1675296-post9.html
kewl kewl thanks for the info

Quote:
if you search vin's rom thread you will find links to 2.37WV and 2.35WV.. they are kick ass radio. yes its verizon, but i have it on my sprint tp2 and its great
and im willing to try this out. will go and search for it shortly. unfortunately my world of warcraft addiction has gotten in the way of playing with my phone again tonight lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development