PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: VZW

karenes721 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[21681\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8rotor8 View Post
anyone noticing an abnormally low ringer/speaker, not on a call. For example, telenav directions is really low even on 100%?
I found by accident that I had to click on the system tab when increasing the volume and that enabled me to hear the navigation lady. Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker

Re: What build should I use??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Aight everyone,

I've finally got Sense 2018 Core all worked out and bug free, I believe. Sense 2019 Core just doesn't work with SMS and no SIM card, so I'm not going there cuz I don't have and don't need a SIM card. I'm also not going to assume that everyone that trys out my ROM will have a SIM card. Core 2018 and 2019 are pretty much the same near as I can tell. Still got Home 2018 so the RSS feed is there.

I've now have XDA_UC set to NOT auto run at boot up, but a link is set in Start Menu\System Tools so you can run it when you please.

Those were my two big things I wanted to accomplish.

I've got work to do on the WM SYS side of things which brings me to what build you guys think I should go with. I'd rather not delve deep into messing with a certain build till I know that's it's the one I want to use for my official release.

IMO, all the builds are more or less the same. Some say build XXXXX is faster and some disagree, some say build XXXXX is more stable and some disagree. Personally, like I said, they all seem pretty much the same to me and so I don't really care which one I use.

The latest and greatest 6.5.X that I have in my kitchen are:

or should I stick with the latest 235XX build even though this branch is pretty much dead now?

Anyone have a fav. out of that bunch or a certain branch that they prefer? As I don't care, the one with the most mentions wins it.

Sorry 6.5 peeps, as far as I can tell 21916 is still the latest and greatest on the 6.5 side of things.
Hey Sharkie - I still haven't flashed your latest from 10.12.10 - should I wait until you do this? (every time I flash I have to call VZW to get the phone to make outgoing calls and I don't want them flagging my account thinking I'm flashing so I try to only flash once a month)
Old 10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

i never really followed the wm builds so cant help out there but as a suggestion who ever posts a build suggestion, also leave feed back as to why. maybe this would help in the decision

by the way sharkie, great news
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenes721 View Post
Hey Sharkie - I still haven't flashed your latest from 10.12.10 - should I wait until you do this? (every time I flash I have to call VZW to get the phone to make outgoing calls and I don't want them flagging my account thinking I'm flashing so I try to only flash once a month)
Personally I would wait. I had flashed both 2.0 (10-11) and 2.1 (20-12) and had problems with both of them. I have gone back to 1.3 and am running trouble free.

I am also with Verizon and have not needed to contact VZW after a flash for nearly a year. As mentioned using 2.0, 2.1 and back to 1.3 I have flashed multiple times on a single day and never needed to contact VZW. The last time I needed to contact VZW for authorization was after flashing to stock prior to a custom ROM. Since using task29 have not needed to re-authorize phone. What steps are you taking during your flash process?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
As far as to flash or not to flash, take dayona's advice below and wait. v2.0 and v2.1 both sucked It's ok though, the next one is better than v1.3 I believe.

What's up with the having to call VZW thing? Is that just on my ROM or any ROM that you flash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i never really followed the wm builds so cant help out there but as a suggestion who ever posts a build suggestion, also leave feed back as to why. maybe this would help in the decision
good advice as always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
Personally I would wait. I had flashed both 2.0 (10-11) and 2.1 (20-12) and had problems with both of them. I have gone back to 1.3 and am running trouble free.

I am also with Verizon and have not needed to contact VZW after a flash for nearly a year. As mentioned using 2.0, 2.1 and back to 1.3 I have flashed multiple times on a single day and never needed to contact VZW. The last time I needed to contact VZW for authorization was after flashing to stock prior to a custom ROM. Since using task29 have not needed to re-authorize phone. What steps are you taking during your flash process?
What's up daytona! Thanks for chiming in. Good advice here as well! Thank you.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Lurker

Quote:
As far as to flash or not to flash, take dayona's advice below and wait. v2.0 and v2.1 both sucked It's ok though, the next one is better than v1.3 I believe.

What's up with the having to call VZW thing? Is that just on my ROM or any ROM that you flash?

good advice as always!

What's up daytona! Thanks for chiming in. Good advice here as well! Thank you.
I did it anyway It's working almost perfect. Having the same issues as before though - Google GPS won't find me but Bing does. I can log into the FB app and all is good, but if I want to refresh, it won't, I have to log off then back on and then hit refresh before it refreshes - same with Twitter.

As for why I have to call VZW, they told me that for some reason the when I reset the phone, the signal is trying to find my first TP and thinks that this phone does not belong to me - as if I were a hacker stealing the number. However after this flash, I did NOT have to call - YAY!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I did it anyway It's working almost perfect. Having the same issues as before though - Google GPS won't find me but Bing does. I can log into the FB app and all is good, but if I want to refresh, it won't, I have to log off then back on and then hit refresh before it refreshes - same with Twitter.

As for why I have to call VZW, they told me that for some reason the when I reset the phone, the signal is trying to find my first TP and thinks that this phone does not belong to me - as if I were a hacker stealing the number. However after this flash, I did NOT have to call - YAY!
Sweet!! That's awesome to hear that you didn't have to make that call this time around!! Still not sure what's up with the Google GPS not finding you. I always test all location apps out as one of the first things I do after a flash and I never have any problems. I'll still look into it though. I'm glad you like it though. v2.0 R1 will be even better!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Sweet!! That's awesome to hear that you didn't have to make that call this time around!! Still not sure what's up with the Google GPS not finding you. I always test all location apps out as one of the first things I do after a flash and I never have any problems. I'll still look into it though. I'm glad you like it though. v2.0 R1 will be even better!
I'm not so worried about Google as Bing seems to be fine. If you come across the FB & Twitter having to log out before I can refresh, then that would be cool but I keep forgetting to mention that MMS doesn't work - hasn't worked for me in a while. When I was using MightyROM, I had to install a cab fix to get MMS to work. I get the MMS but when I click on d/l, it pops up an error msg saying that it has expired or is not available.

TY K
Old 10-29-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I'm not so worried about Google as Bing seems to be fine. If you come across the FB & Twitter having to log out before I can refresh, then that would be cool but I keep forgetting to mention that MMS doesn't work - hasn't worked for me in a while. When I was using MightyROM, I had to install a cab fix to get MMS to work. I get the MMS but when I click on d/l, it pops up an error msg saying that it has expired or is not available.

TY K
Here is the cab which I have been using for MMS on VZW
Attached Files
File Type: cab tjELITE.VZWArcSoftMMS5.2.12.45.cab (4.33 MB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Re: Update[10-12-10]★SharkieROM v2.1★Generic\Sprint[23563\21916][Sense2019]

Quote:
I appreciate that! I'm glad she's still liking it. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you around in a while. Good to know you're still checking in.

The next update won't be for a bit still. I want it to bad ass! To that end, I'm taking my time with things and testing everything out thoroughly. It'll be worth the wait.
Man that's great that everytime I come to ppcgeek, your at the top of the page... That means your doing your thang, Keep up the good work. I'll love to see you hard work and great skill being as enthusiatic as your ARE! I'll love to see you on Android side, as I'm still a fan OF YOUR wm WORK (from when you first pop on the threads...) But anyway... How you doing (lol) I see alot has changed the new CHT, that my wife love. So can I ask you a favor... Can you PM me when you update, cuz my wife won't let me touch her phone not in less its a SHARK on it I don't be on ppcgeek that much. Because there's really know DEVs for the EPIC on here. Everybody that brought one that has a name on ppcgeeks be copy and paste other peoples work on here... I rather talk to the person that made it rather than somebody that just copys... But anyway KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRO!

Last edited by bobbyblack; 10-31-2010 at 12:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development