PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125696)

Mr. X 06-18-2010 03:48 PM

[ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device

"There was enough users on the forums reporting no boot issues on unlocked devices that I took it upon my self to dump the ROM, clean out the xip of the above DLL files, removed all EXT ROM reference, made it tethering safe, added in a HTC task manager, Added in Wifi Router, replaced the D3D driver with a better preforming one and put in a driver patch that will stop the SOD (sleep of death) from occurring. Basically i made this ROM the way it SHOULD have been shipped out."

Get it Here

willyjay 06-18-2010 03:56 PM

Re: [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device

Thanks for this, X!

EDIT: Gotta love 2.5 MB/sec dl from that site!!!

tjELITE 06-18-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1823246)
There was enough users on the forums reporting no boot issues on unlocked devices that I took it upon my self to dump the ROM, clean out the xip of the above DLL files, removed all EXT ROM reference, made it tethering safe, added in a HTC task manager, Added in Wifi Router, replaced theD3D driver with a better preforming one and out in a driver patch that will stop the SOD (sleep of death) from occurring. Basically i made this ROM the way it SHOULD have been shipped out.

Get it Here

How are you sure it will stop SOD?

Anywho thanks for the work X

dimitri 06-18-2010 04:14 PM

Many thanks as always. Would love to also have the XDA UC too.

Mr. X 06-18-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1823282)
How are you sure it will stop SOD?

Anywho thanks for the work X

Because i used the same driver fixes i use in my custom rom and they dont suffer from the SOD.

I used trial and error, when i don't apply this patch, for example like on my last custom release. Users reported SOD. But the release before that i used the patched driver and i have zero reports of SOD.

tjELITE 06-18-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1823310)
Because i used the same driver fixes i use in my custom rom and they dont suffer from the SOD.

I used trial and error, when i don't apply this patch, for example like on my last custom release. Users reported SOD. But the release before that i used the patched driver and i have zero reports of SOD.

Interesting....

Hehe...maybe when Mighty finally puts the TP2 to rest I will try out a X ROM....heheheheh

Nah I hear good things about your work...:D

Lyman1 06-18-2010 05:00 PM

Much Thanks and Thanked Mr. X

Going to give it a try this evening and downloading now.

Your right willyjay. The download is smokin fast.

All the Best!

willyjay 06-18-2010 06:50 PM

Mr.X...is the updated radio from stock VZW upgrade rom included in your's? I have a friend who flashed this rom, but his radio didn't appear to update.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: Never mind...I found your post in the Verizon upgrade thread....No, the radio is not in this rom...just go get it from the radio thread.

Thanks again!

whatsinaname 06-18-2010 08:35 PM

just a quick question. I have stock TP2 do I need to unlock to load this rom. or will it install because it is just tweaked vzw rom?

I know its sad I haven't unlocked yet, but believe it or not the stock tp2 vzw (with GoodThings tweaks cab) has been runnin great!

yearn 06-18-2010 11:44 PM

Thanks for this X!
Everything works perfect!

NOW! Lets talk about the Verizon Specfic Mr.X Custom ROM!! :thumbleft:

yearn 06-18-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsinaname (Post 1823735)
just a quick question. I have stock TP2 do I need to unlock to load this rom. or will it install because it is just tweaked vzw rom?

I know its sad I haven't unlocked yet, but believe it or not the stock tp2 vzw (with GoodThings tweaks cab) has been runnin great!

Yes, you definatly HAVE to be unlocked to flash this ROM.

And I highly reccomend you do it!

skruff77 06-19-2010 12:11 AM

sweet i cant wait to try this out!!!!!

NYerJake 06-19-2010 12:14 AM

Thank you for the fix but how to I flash the ROM if my TP2 does not boot?

yearn 06-19-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYerJake (Post 1824083)
Thank you for the fix but how to I flash the ROM if my TP2 does not boot?

Pull your battery
Then turn your phone on while holding the volume down button.
This will start your phone in bootloader mode
Plug your phone into your pc(you may have to wait for drivers to install)
then flash X's ROM (I assume you are unlocked
Your done!

whatsinaname 06-19-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1824038)
Yes, you definatly HAVE to be unlocked to flash this ROM.

And I highly reccomend you do it!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like this is close to stock, but better. I did lots of flashing with my xv6700 and 6800 and maybe its time to try something new for my TP2. Cant decide on this or Mighty Mike. I will unlock, try this rom, and go from there. thanks for the reply.

RomRipper 06-19-2010 12:08 PM

I'm going to try this rom but can you post the stock HTC Task Manager CAB that came with MR2?
Yes I know I'm in the minority here. From what I'm reading it has more features minus the task bar shortcut. I don't care about having an old one with the close feature on the task bar. I use SPB Plus for that.

yearn 06-19-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomRipper (Post 1824632)
I'm going to try this rom but can you post the stock HTC Task Manager CAB that came with MR2?
Yes I know I'm in the minority here. From what I'm reading it has more features minus the task bar shortcut. I don't care about having an old one with the close feature on the task bar. I use SPB Plus for that.

Its still there, X just added the HTC task manager

RomRipper 06-19-2010 12:53 PM

Ahh,ok thanks for the info.

dimitri 06-19-2010 02:23 PM

You would think that after all this time, HTC or Verzion would have fixed the Flipping Clock so that it doesn't have to fip forward 1 hour and 2 minutes to read the correct time everytime the Home screen has to reload.

legendaryagate 06-19-2010 03:24 PM

This rom runs great so far. No problems at all and i like the sense 2.5 instead of the 2.1 that comes with the verizon stock rom.

mulhiny 06-19-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimitri (Post 1824776)
You would think that after all this time, HTC or Verzion would have fixed the Flipping Clock so that it doesn't have to fip forward 1 hour and 2 minutes to read the correct time everytime the Home screen has to reload.

I'm pretty sure they believe that to be a "feature" to show off the flip animation.

skruff77 06-19-2010 04:40 PM

i like the flipping clock. but that is just me

dimitri 06-19-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skruff77 (Post 1824958)
i like the flipping clock. but that is just me

I like the flip clock, but I don't like it when I go to the home screen that it flips forward 1 hour and 2 minutes to the current time. Apristel made a cab to fix it but that cab doesn't seem to work on this new ROM.

legendaryagate 06-19-2010 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimitri (Post 1825167)
I like the flip clock, but I don't like it when I go to the home screen that it flips forward 1 hour and 2 minutes to the current time. Apristel made a cab to fix it but that cab doesn't seem to work on this new ROM.

This fix works for the flip clock. I don't remember where i got it but credits to whom made it.

whatsinaname 06-19-2010 11:40 PM

Wow. Gotta say glad I unlocked my tp2 and tried the mr2 "fixed" rom by mr.X
Thanks. Just installing some programs etc. working like a dream. I usually just run stock with my TP2 but I guess I am bored and going to try some new roms. Probably after trying this stock rom I may try Mr. X rom or Mighty just for fun. :) Thanks again!

whatsinaname 06-20-2010 02:01 AM

unfortunately my Need for speed game, and boom blox don't work. just freezes phone making me softreset. hmmmmm
also now xtract won't play. It seems like any 3d games I have just crash. :(

yearn 06-20-2010 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsinaname (Post 1825683)
unfortunately my Need for speed game, and boom blox don't work. just freezes phone making me softreset. hmmmmm
also now xtract won't play. It seems like any 3d games I have just crash. :(

All those games work fine for me. I bet you need to install these cabs.
Make sure to install the messages cab 2nd, then restart.

whatsinaname 06-20-2010 04:11 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I have already switched to Mr. X rom :) more fun than stock :)

Thanks for the cabs.

yearn 06-20-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsinaname (Post 1826312)
Thanks for the reply, but I have already switched to Mr. X rom :) more fun than stock :)

Thanks for the cabs.

No problem,, if your on X's Official custom ROM you wont need them tho.
Hes already got them cooked in.

whatsinaname 06-21-2010 12:31 AM

zenonia won't work, but from what I can tell it has something to do with custom taskbar?
this is the only game that doesn't work. If I can get that figured out I will be even more happy :) its always something isn't it hehe.

msh441 06-21-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1823246)
...and put in a driver patch that will stop the SOD (sleep of death) from occurring"

Can you be more specific about the driver patch? Is it somthing you can pass along to those comfortable with regisry tweekd and xml edits, etc?

nrfitchett4 06-21-2010 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msh441 (Post 1827127)
Can you be more specific about the driver patch? Is it somthing you can pass along to those comfortable with regisry tweekd and xml edits, etc?

please for the rest of us, what driver do you think is causing the problem???

Mr. X 06-21-2010 10:21 AM

The drive that is most likely the root cause of this is htcservices.dll, its not able to be cabbed in its a module and must be cooked in. in new drivers from the Verizon MR1, sprint MR1 and now the Verizon MR2 all have a version of this drive that causes the device to hang and never wake up. replacing this driver with an older version makes SOD virtually non existent.

Yes the device may take more then a few miliseconds to wake up still on rare cases if its busy, say maybe 1 second instead of immediately but it will not freeze in a sleeping state with this driver patched to an older version.

yearn 06-21-2010 10:30 PM

So has anyone found any custom taskbars that work with this ROM yet?
Iv tried a couple but they dont work at all.
Wonder if the certifications are different or something??

jackreisinger1511 06-21-2010 10:49 PM

Hey Guys,

Here's the problem I've run into, I unlocked my device then updated the ROM to Verizon's MR2. Now the device remains stuck on the white splashscreen with green HTC letters. I attempted to pull the battery and hold the volume down key so the computer would recongize it but it does not. Please let me know if I can try something else to restore my phone because right now it's just an expensive paperweight.

Thanks,
jack

willyjay 06-21-2010 10:53 PM

Go into bootloader screen....from power off, hold vol down and red end/power button. Once in the mulit-colored screen, reflash the MR1 update.

To run the MR2, it appears your phone must be LOCKED. To run Mr.X's fix, you must be HSPL unlocked.

I had to flash MR1, relock, run MR2, then re-unlock.

razorloves 06-21-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 (Post 1829014)
Hey Guys,

Here's the problem I've run into, I unlocked my device then updated the ROM to Verizon's MR2. Now the device remains stuck on the white splashscreen with green HTC letters. I attempted to pull the battery and hold the volume down key so the computer would recongize it but it does not. Please let me know if I can try something else to restore my phone because right now it's just an expensive paperweight.

Thanks,
jack

you have to be locked to successfully flash the MR2 rom. so, put your phone into bootloader mode and relock it

jackreisinger1511 06-21-2010 11:08 PM

Thanks guys...when I power it on while holding the volume down key and End key it stays in the bootloader menu for a second then goes to the hard reset menu. Is there another key sequence I should be pressing?

ai6908 06-21-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1828980)
So has anyone found any custom taskbars that work with this ROM yet?
Iv tried a couple but they dont work at all.
Wonder if the certifications are different or something??

Install the sdk certs first.

willyjay 06-21-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 (Post 1829054)
Thanks guys...when I power it on while holding the volume down key and End key it stays in the bootloader menu for a second then goes to the hard reset menu. Is there another key sequence I should be pressing?

It should only go to hard reset if you're hitting vol down + end key + send key....hmmmmm

While power is on, hit vol down + end key + reset button (under battery cover)

EDIT: also try razorlove's method in the next post (need to hold the buttons down for a sec).