PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125696)

razorloves 06-24-2010 08:25 AM

Re: [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device

1 Attachment(s)
here's the pri, if you just want that.
if you still want the mr2 rom, it's here http://www.pcdphones.com/device-down...35-mr2-upgrade

jshaas2 06-24-2010 08:29 AM

thanks and thanked. Was just interested in the PRI and i'll be honest, a bit noobish on PRI's and i've never upgraded the PRI this way. Was always through a stock rom download.

Have you tested this, for sure it works?

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1834272)
if you still want the mr2 rom, it's here http://www.pcdphones.com/device-down...35-mr2-upgrade

razorloves 06-24-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1834275)
thanks and thanked. Was just interested in the PRI and i'll be honest, a bit noobish on PRI's and i've never upgraded the PRI this way. Was always through a stock rom download.

only shipped roms have the pri, so the mr.x fixed rom does not have it. it's a custom rom, so it's OS only.

the pri always comes in cab form. if you extract the shipped rom exe, you will see the file i attached. i didn't make it or anything like that... lol, so it will work.

to install, just install the cab on your device, like you would any normal cab. then open file explorer on your phone and navigate to the windows directory and click on the ppst.exe file and that will install the new pri.

fredric53 06-24-2010 11:56 AM

Not sure if anyone else been having this issue. Been getting an error msg about the nbpcd,something to do with country code,i've tried flashing with an without sim an mem card. Tried *228. Tried cab provisioning without *228. Im running out of options here. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks

southernSTYLE 06-24-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredric53 (Post 1834686)
Not sure if anyone else been having this issue. Been getting an error msg about the nbpcd,something to do with country code,i've tried flashing with an without sim an mem card. Tried *228. Tried cab provisioning without *228. Im running out of options here. If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks

had the same problem, I thought it was because I'm one of the Alltel hybrids, so I tried everything from using different PRLs to different radios, went back to Mr. X Rom because of it.

Anyone know how to get the manila start menu from this Rom and use it on other Roms?

razorloves 06-24-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredric53 (Post 1834686)

here's the fix for that http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114855

lllboredlll 06-24-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1834275)

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1834272)

ok here is my 2 cents.... this update has been a pain in my ***.... that pri is the cause of it too....after takin the update then unlockin again and flashin a custom rom... my phone wouldnt authenticate... even after carrier cabs and OTA... so I rolled the PRI back to the previous one... well ppst.exe dont act right for some reason... it dont reset the device like it is suppose to and I think some very important data isnt being wrote to memory....

after 2 days of shakin my head I had to have verizon manually authorize my device....

one last thing... my gps didnt work worth a diddly shit with this pri... i havent looked into it to see if its coded properly for the gps but as most of us know from the touch pro days... verizon wants you to pay to use... i still think the only reason the unlocked the touch pro gps eventually was because of soooo much complaining and also this guy named lllboredlll who hacked their file and distributed it for free for all to use ;)

razorloves 06-24-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllboredlll (Post 1835923)
ok here is my 2 cents.... this update has been a pain in my ***.... that pri is the cause of it too....after takin the update then unlockin again and flashin a custom rom... my phone wouldnt authenticate... even after carrier cabs and OTA... so I rolled the PRI back to the previous one... well ppst.exe dont act right for some reason... it dont reset the device like it is suppose to and I think some very important data isnt being wrote to memory....

after 2 days of shakin my head I had to have verizon manually authorize my device....

one last thing... my gps didnt work worth a diddly shit with this pri

dang...i haven't had that experience at all. it's workin great for me.

lllboredlll 06-24-2010 09:35 PM

dude i'm glad it is.... i had one of the worst experiences when i unlocked after this update... between the unlocker going whack then my device going whack ... i highly doubt i'll EVER update any verizon firmware again

fredric53 06-25-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1835821)

Hahaha that was the first thing i did searched the threads saw that tried it...didnt work,i cant even run the rom due to this annoying error msge. i flashed back to the stock rom an got this error on bootup..."Run XML\windows\APPostConfig.xml faCode:0x800700C1". This is really frustrating i really wanna run this rom...please someone help.

razorloves 06-25-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredric53 (Post 1837404)
Hahaha that was the first thing i did searched the threads saw that tried it...didnt work,i cant even run the rom due to this annoying error msge. i flashed back to the stock rom an got this error on bootup..."Run XML\windows\APPostConfig.xml faCode:0x800700C1". This is really frustrating i really wanna run this rom...please someone help.

whoa...thats strange you're getting that error on mr2 rom.
well, gimmie the exact nbpcd error message an maybe i'll get it right. lol. :)

fredric53 06-25-2010 03:29 PM

device is unable to determine current country. please verify your current location. if i press ok it forces me into the phone settings to enter the location settings

sfetaz 06-25-2010 07:43 PM

I cannot install Mr. X's update. I have tried thru windows, and the phone and the updater freeze at 0%, forcing me to take out the battery. I have tried copying the NBH file to my SD card and installing that way, and when I boot my phone in bootloader, it stays stuck on Loading.... once again forcing a battery removal. I have a Verizon TP2 that currently has stock 6.5 on it. I know I unlocked it and never relocked it.

razorloves 06-25-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfetaz (Post 1838077)
I cannot install Mr. X's update. I have tried thru windows, and the phone and the updater freeze at 0%, forcing me to take out the battery. I have tried copying the NBH file to my SD card and installing that way, and when I boot my phone in bootloader, it stays stuck on Loading.... once again forcing a battery removal. I have a Verizon TP2 that currently has stock 6.5 on it. I know I unlocked it and never relocked it.

put your phone into bootloader mode (power off phone, then hold vol down and hold power button) and tell us what spl version you have.

ai6908 06-26-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Use a different USB cable or use SD card method to flash.

SD CARD METHOD:

Extract ruu_signed.nbh from the rar or exe
Rename it to rhodimg.nbh
Put it in the root of SD Card
Put in bootloader, and follow instructions

razorloves 06-26-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredric53 (Post 1837585)
device is unable to determine current country. please verify your current location. if i press ok it forces me into the phone settings to enter the location settings

switching it to cdma mode or removing the sim card should take care of that problem. i'm not sure what's causing it though.

Mr. X 06-26-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

please unlock it first.

aiiee 06-27-2010 11:33 AM

Another update from me on running Mr. X' fixed stock MR2 ROM. Basically it's running *perfect* now. No SODS *ever*. Not even when turning the display off while charging, which was the last "anomaly" I was experiencing after flashing.

So one week in , and again Mr. X saves Verizon's bacon :)

razorloves 06-27-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiiee (Post 1839986)
Another update from me on running Mr. X' fixed stock MR2 ROM. Basically it's running *perfect* now. No SODS *ever*. Not even when turning the display off while charging, which was the last "anomaly" I was experiencing after flashing.

So one week in , and again Mr. X saves Verizon's bacon :)

so what fixed the SOD problem you had? did you uninstall a program or something?

aiiee 06-27-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1839992)
so what fixed the SOD problem you had? did you uninstall a program or something?

Excellent question! Now if only I had an excellent answer:)

The only thing I did ( and I was taking notes believe it or not ), was try to install some clocks and hosed Sense and re-flashed the phone with Mr X's fixed MR2, then reinstall CHT. I wouldn't say that did it as I didn't test charging SOD before that happened. For anyone who is getting a 'charging' SOD, I really don't have a definitive answer. Maybe Task 29? :confused1:

brent372 06-27-2010 08:27 PM

Hey Mr.X
Would you be willing to share just the DLL you used to fix the SOD issue?

yearn 06-28-2010 10:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a cab I put together tonight for this ROM and the official ROM. Heres a list of what all it does.

• Increase screen sensitivity
• Disable SMS sent notification
• Disable connect prompt for MMS
• Unlock Manila Start Menu
• Add real settings icon to WM 6.5 Start menu
• Enable rapi (No pop up when installing cabs)
• Enable Cleartype in landscape
• Installs a nice Soft Reset app in Tools folder
• real exit with x button in HTC Album
• increase FATFS cache (Supposedly boosts performance)
• Increase max opera tabs to 9
• Increase Opera thumbnail resolution on internet tab
• Adds "Rotate Screen" to button settings

after install, wait about a minute and then soft reset
Enjoy!

EDIT: Added a 2nd cab. Will do everything the first one will but also disables Manila Start Menu

razorloves 06-28-2010 11:20 PM

nice job yearn. i like all those tweaks. thanks a ton bro.

The Guy 34 06-29-2010 01:53 AM

How fast is this rom running? Is it as fast and/or faster than stock? I'm curently running Juicy R8 and its slow speed is realy begining to bother me. This looks like a good rom but I want something very fast.

razorloves 06-29-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Guy 34 (Post 1843223)
How fast is this rom running? Is it as fast and/or faster than stock? I'm curently running Juicy R8 and its slow speed is realy begining to bother me. This looks like a good rom but I want something very fast.

juicy is way out dated man. look around or do a search. there's threads comparing speeds of all the roms.

yearn 06-29-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1842987)
nice job yearn. i like all those tweaks. thanks a ton bro.

No problem, i tried to only add in the ones I figured pretty much everyone would want. I didnt want to make it to personalized. These are just the tweaks i use on pretty much any ROM I run.

aiiee 06-29-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1843318)
No problem, i tried to only add in the ones I figured pretty much everyone would want. I didnt want to make it to personalized. These are just the tweaks i use on pretty much any ROM I run.

I have Mr. X fixed MR2, CHT. When I installed the first CAB, I got a CHT_Wall.exe error complaining about my .NET version ( which was ok before this ). Uninstalled your CAB, now on soft reset, CHT_Wall is still complaining, and the home screen is gone :)

wow, now sense won't load and I've got to do a hard reset. May have been those custom clocks. but.. wow.

Mr. X 06-29-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiiee (Post 1843454)
I have Mr. X fixed MR2, CHT. When I installed the first CAB, I got a CHT_Wall.exe error complaining about my .NET version ( which was ok before this ). Uninstalled your CAB, now on soft reset, CHT_Wall is still complaining, and the home screen is gone :)

wow, now sense won't load and I've got to do a hard reset. May have been those custom clocks. but.. wow.

you need to update the ,net framework in the rom.

aiiee 06-29-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1843774)
you need to update the ,net framework in the rom.

that's the funny thing, I had done it and gotten CHT installed OK, but then it kind of wasn't ok once I installed Yearn's new CAB. S'OK for now tho, I've gotten everything back functional, thanks.

yearn 06-29-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiiee (Post 1843807)
that's the funny thing, I had done it and gotten CHT installed OK, but then it kind of wasn't ok once I installed Yearn's new CAB. S'OK for now tho, I've gotten everything back functional, thanks.

Did you reinstall my cab after hard reset? I havent had any trouble with it, its mainly just really basic reg tweaks. if you didnt reinstall it, try it again and see if it works this time.
Id like to know for sure cause if it is causing problems ill pull it.

Also X, if you have time will you download it and check it out, make sure you dont see any problems with it.

Thanks.

aiiee 06-29-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1844155)
Did you reinstall my cab after hard reset? I havent had any trouble with it, its mainly just really basic reg tweaks. if you didnt reinstall it, try it again and see if it works this time.
Id like to know for sure cause if it is causing problems ill pull it.

Also X, if you have time will you download it and check it out, make sure you dont see any problems with it.

Thanks.

sure, I'll do it to myself again :). I'm fairly sure, since no one else seems to have any problems with it, that it was something left over from deleting custom clocks I had. I'll post back here later.

EDIT: Ok, re-installed *NO ERRORS*. Sorry for the bad report earlier, it must have been some cruft left over from something I had done that had failed perhaps?

Looks intereesting. Not sure where the 'Tools' folder is, nor what really is different. It does seem a little faster, but then I just did a soft reset. The Opera max tab to 9 is nice tho.

Ok found the soft reset in Program Files>Yearn. Nice, I like this one since the MR2 one disappeared somewhere along the line.

yearn 06-30-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiiee (Post 1844641)
sure, I'll do it to myself again :). I'm fairly sure, since no one else seems to have any problems with it, that it was something left over from deleting custom clocks I had. I'll post back here later.

EDIT: Ok, re-installed *NO ERRORS*. Sorry for the bad report earlier, it must have been some cruft left over from something I had done that had failed perhaps?

Looks intereesting. Not sure where the 'Tools' folder is, nor what really is different. It does seem a little faster, but then I just did a soft reset. The Opera max tab to 9 is nice tho.

Ok found the soft reset in Program Files>Yearn. Nice, I like this one since the MR2 one disappeared somewhere along the line.

If your using the version with the manila start menu just go to your start menu and select all programs from the left soft key, SoftReset will show in there.
If your using the version without the manila start menu just go to your start menu then scroll down to tools and it will be in there.

aiiee 06-30-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1845681)
If your using the version with the manila start menu just go to your start menu and select all programs from the left soft key, SoftReset will show in there.
If your using the version without the manila start menu just go to your start menu then scroll down to tools and it will be in there.

Perfect! thank you .

manbat 07-01-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS (Post 1833625)
The start menu. I like to organize it in folders

================
You can put folders in the Manila start menu...Mine is set up with folders and custom Icons. You have to do it in the registry though!! See screen shots Here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...nu#post1828385

The Guy 34 07-03-2010 10:54 PM

Hey, i just flashed the rm and well.... i got a box that was titled error. and it says " [ERROR]Please check HTCLOG " someone please help.

ziggy471 07-03-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPATR1OTS (Post 1833625)
The start menu. I like to organize it in folders

Quote:

Originally Posted by manbat (Post 1848357)
================
You can put folders in the Manila start menu...Mine is set up with folders and custom Icons. You have to do it in the registry though!! See screen shots Here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...nu#post1828385

You can always use the re-arrange Start Menu cab I made for MM's ROM (Click here), it just creates 2 icons that don't exist in this one. If there is enough interest, I could always modify it for X's release, just 'cause he's a nice guy. :laughing6:

Z

yearn 07-04-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy471 (Post 1850789)
You can always use the re-arrange Start Menu cab I made for MM's ROM (Click here), it just creates 2 icons that don't exist in this one. If there is enough interest, I could always modify it for X's release, just 'cause he's a nice guy. :laughing6:

Z

sounds good ziggy!
Also this rom dosent include MSN Messenger, so I dont know if that would mess with it or not either.

vickydj1974 07-04-2010 11:40 PM

is it that rom work with sprint ?

Cresco299 07-20-2010 11:26 AM

Mr. X MR2 suitable for return on warranty issue?

I'm trying to return my phone for a warranty issue because the touch screen isn't responding. I posted early for some issues I'm having trying to get the phone back to stock and relocked.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129143

Would your release of MR2 guide the user through the "Setup Wizard" on first start up and if not, is it similar enough to a stock rom that I could safely return it on warranty (after relocking)? Or you do you think I should leave my phone stuck where it is?

razorloves 07-20-2010 11:55 AM

Re: Mr. X MR2 suitable for return on warranty issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cresco299 (Post 1875000)
I'm trying to return my phone for a warranty issue because the touch screen isn't responding. I posted early for some issues I'm having trying to get the phone back to stock and relocked.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129143

Would your release of MR2 guide the user through the "Setup Wizard" on first start up and if not, is it similar enough to a stock rom that I could safely return it on warranty (after relocking)? Or you do you think I should leave my phone stuck where it is?

this is a custom rom. dont use it. just flash the stock rom and relock it. thats exactly what everyone else does. if you want to get past the setup wizard, use this http://www.mymobiler.com/