PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125696)

Mr. X 06-18-2010 03:48 PM

[ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device

"There was enough users on the forums reporting no boot issues on unlocked devices that I took it upon my self to dump the ROM, clean out the xip of the above DLL files, removed all EXT ROM reference, made it tethering safe, added in a HTC task manager, Added in Wifi Router, replaced the D3D driver with a better preforming one and put in a driver patch that will stop the SOD (sleep of death) from occurring. Basically i made this ROM the way it SHOULD have been shipped out."

Get it Here

willyjay 06-18-2010 03:56 PM

Re: [ROM] Verizon MR2 Fixed by Mr. X, Boots with an unlocked device

Thanks for this, X!

EDIT: Gotta love 2.5 MB/sec dl from that site!!!

tjELITE 06-18-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1823246)
There was enough users on the forums reporting no boot issues on unlocked devices that I took it upon my self to dump the ROM, clean out the xip of the above DLL files, removed all EXT ROM reference, made it tethering safe, added in a HTC task manager, Added in Wifi Router, replaced theD3D driver with a better preforming one and out in a driver patch that will stop the SOD (sleep of death) from occurring. Basically i made this ROM the way it SHOULD have been shipped out.

Get it Here

How are you sure it will stop SOD?

Anywho thanks for the work X

dimitri 06-18-2010 04:14 PM

Many thanks as always. Would love to also have the XDA UC too.

Mr. X 06-18-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1823282)
How are you sure it will stop SOD?

Anywho thanks for the work X

Because i used the same driver fixes i use in my custom rom and they dont suffer from the SOD.

I used trial and error, when i don't apply this patch, for example like on my last custom release. Users reported SOD. But the release before that i used the patched driver and i have zero reports of SOD.

tjELITE 06-18-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1823310)
Because i used the same driver fixes i use in my custom rom and they dont suffer from the SOD.

I used trial and error, when i don't apply this patch, for example like on my last custom release. Users reported SOD. But the release before that i used the patched driver and i have zero reports of SOD.

Interesting....

Hehe...maybe when Mighty finally puts the TP2 to rest I will try out a X ROM....heheheheh

Nah I hear good things about your work...:D

Lyman1 06-18-2010 05:00 PM

Much Thanks and Thanked Mr. X

Going to give it a try this evening and downloading now.

Your right willyjay. The download is smokin fast.

All the Best!

willyjay 06-18-2010 06:50 PM

Mr.X...is the updated radio from stock VZW upgrade rom included in your's? I have a friend who flashed this rom, but his radio didn't appear to update.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: Never mind...I found your post in the Verizon upgrade thread....No, the radio is not in this rom...just go get it from the radio thread.

Thanks again!

whatsinaname 06-18-2010 08:35 PM

just a quick question. I have stock TP2 do I need to unlock to load this rom. or will it install because it is just tweaked vzw rom?

I know its sad I haven't unlocked yet, but believe it or not the stock tp2 vzw (with GoodThings tweaks cab) has been runnin great!

yearn 06-18-2010 11:44 PM

Thanks for this X!
Everything works perfect!

NOW! Lets talk about the Verizon Specfic Mr.X Custom ROM!! :thumbleft: