PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] PepperlandMaxSense SYS 23569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmark2305 View Post
Wheres the link to download the ROM?
second post, it was there.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post My impressions of the ROM...

Just wanted to first say thank you for sharing your ROM. And here are my impressions after a day and a half of use.

Good:
1. Memory utilization is not too bad; and it seems pretty constant with use.
2. GPS lock is super fast!
3. Pretty base; not a whole lotta stuff on it. Allows for good user customization.
4. Very easy to use.
5. Very fast and responsive.
6. Decent battery life.

Glitches:
1. Manila tabs show up at unexpected times (screen shot).
2. Voicemail keeps sending me messages? Just for the fun of it? Seems to happen at each reset...(screen shot).
3. Issues with using the phone, when waking and unlocking.
4. Chinese characters in messaging (screen shot).
5. Weird resets and some general instability.
6. Inital set up was quite problematic. Had to Task29 and hard reset before everything came online. And initial set up takes a long time.
7. Issues with graphics (top taskbar) - see screenshot.

Suggestions:
1. Change font! Please!
2. Replace TaskFacade with ActionScreen/Launcher since we already have ArkSwitch.
3. Get pTaskXP to replace power switch.
4. A version with stock graphics would be nice.

On the whole, I think I will be ditching MaxSense ROMs. While the developer of MaxSense has obviously put a whole lot of work into it, and it is a pretty good interface, I am totally turned off by the level of control being exerted over its use. No cabs for it, and no EXTs to cook into your own ROM either. I'm not complaining; Max certainly has the right to do with his software what he pleases. Its just that I like my ROMs a particular way, set up just so (which is probably different from what everyone else likes!)... and I certainly don't expect the three chefs who have access to Maxsense to cater to my every whim and fancy. Which is why I like the ability to cook my own ROMs. So, for now, most likely, its adieu MaxSense. May we meet again....

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i agree with the font size suggestion. i think this rom is so interesting but i cant read half the things on my phone now.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks pavanmaverick, that was a really well thought out and great post.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

has anyone had a problem connecting to microsoft my phone with rom? i flashed another one just now and it worked fine so i know its not the service
Old 06-11-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

qball1616 is keeping up the good workqball1616 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to qball1616 Send a message via Yahoo to qball1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmaverick View Post
Is there any hope of getting a WinMo 6.1 build (SYS 21057) with MaxSense cooked in? I am waiting for a simple, basic ROM with MaxSense to see how it works out. I know Big and Nrg are making ROMs with MaxSense, but I am loathe to try those out, considering they have only about 20-25Mb free memory with use. I am wondering if using WinMo 6.1 would make that better? Also, in my testing, 6.1 is faster than any 6.5 build, and with the MaxSense eyecandy, you hardly ever come across the MS ugliness

I would cook my own, but have not heard back from Max about getting the EXTs....

The one downside to 6.1 that I have found is that you cannot drag-scroll in Excel. But that's a small price....
I really want to apologize I have not worked on a 6.1 ROM like I promised to do....I am currently at the beginning stage of going through a divorce process and it I honestly just wasn't in the mood. I am motivated again though to cook as I just set up my new computer to play with this weekend.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpavanmaverick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I am currently at the beginning stage of going through a divorce process and it I honestly just wasn't in the mood.
Shit. Sorry to hear that. Its never an easy process (from experience!); hope it goes as easily and smoothly as such things ever can.

Get to the ROM whenever you feel like it. And if you would like (and its not against any of Max's rules), you could even send me the EXTs, and I could try cooking a ROM with them too. Maybe together we could come up with the perfect ROM
Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Shit. Sorry to hear that. Its never an easy process (from experience!); hope it goes as easily and smoothly as such things ever can.

Get to the ROM whenever you feel like it. And if you would like (and its not against any of Max's rules), you could even send me the EXTs, and I could try cooking a ROM with them too. Maybe together we could come up with the perfect ROM
Hey thanks for your support...yeah things hadn't been good for a few months and we separated, but still kind of lived together and finally we both just had enough and I pulled the plug this week and she has been moving out all week. She has finally moved everything and last night I set up my new desktop that I bought myself a few weeks ago so I am looking forward to getting used to my new computer and having some fun with things lol.

it is a quadcore 2.5gh with 8gb RAM, 1tb hard drive and some other goodies...got a great deal only 450 so i am excited to play with it this weekend.

EDIT: I would love a partner in crime to work with and learn with. I would have to ask Max if it was ok cause when I was given the packages we were asked not to distribute them. I will try and get in touch with him over the weekend to see if that's ok with him. I would be interested in working with you on a non-MaxSense ROM though if you have the interest to see what we can come up with.

Last edited by qball1616; 06-11-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qball1616 View Post
I would be interested in working with you on a non-MaxSense ROM though if you have the interest to see what we can come up with.
Sounds like a plan! Having a partner in crime on this thing might finally give me the courage to release (technically, co-release!) a ROM
For the MaxSense stuff, let's definitely wait to hear from Max. We certainly don't want to be stepping on any toes with this!
One option might be for me to send you my RZ ROM (running 21057), and you could just add MaxSense to it, and then I could beta test it? That way you haven't "distributed" the MaxSense EXTs, and I can have my 21057 ROM!

On a personal note, really sorry to hear about the marital problems. At least it sounds like it was mutual, and I am impressed (if that's the right word to use in a situation like this!) that you had the courage to pull the plug on a failing relationship. That's a bloody hard thing to do. Again, hope its as easy a split as possible.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sounds like a plan! Having a partner in crime on this thing might finally give me the courage to release (technically, co-release!) a ROM
For the MaxSense stuff, let's definitely wait to hear from Max. We certainly don't want to be stepping on any toes with this!
One option might be for me to send you my RZ ROM (running 21057), and you could just add MaxSense to it, and then I could beta test it? That way you haven't "distributed" the MaxSense EXTs, and I can have my 21057 ROM!

On a personal note, really sorry to hear about the marital problems. At least it sounds like it was mutual, and I am impressed (if that's the right word to use in a situation like this!) that you had the courage to pull the plug on a failing relationship. That's a bloody hard thing to do. Again, hope its as easy a split as possible.
Hey thanks for your kind words...I tell you what I literally just hooked up and turned on my new computer last night so I haven't even tried running my kitchen on it yet. Let me finish getting some things set up on it and provided everything works ok and I can actually produce a ROM with the kitchen (I am nervous cause my new desktop has Windows 7) so I know there will probably be a few kinks I need to work out lol. Then let's try and do some work on it tomorrow maybe we can chat on messenger or something and make a plan on what we want to do!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development