PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM 5-24-10 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121450)

jakdillard 05-17-2010 12:40 PM

JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM 5-24-10

JD's WM 6.5.5 ROM

Because my ROM makes "Sense" ...

About this ROM:

My ROM is designed for the advanced users, who like me enjoys the "Sense 2.5" UI but does not like all of the added crap that come shipped in most carrier ROMs, this ROM is a little more customized than ROMs I posted in the past but not to customized that it cannot be personalized by anyone who uses it. Some of the removed apps can be found attached to this post, and this ROM is "SD Card Auto Installable" if you are familiar with the SDAutorun feature in other ROMs and have a SDConfig set up you should be good to go, if not instructions and a example of an SDConfig.txt can be found below.

Attention:

This ROM is compatible to operate on two seperate networks providing that you have an unlocked radio and your phone is security unlocked:

To switch networks go to your phone settings then select the networks tab use the applet to switch to "GSM only", if your gsm carrier is a popular carrier such as T-Mobile or AT&T for example, Connection Setup will atomatically setup your internet connections for you, if not then go to the connection setup in settings\connections and select your carrier. To switch back to SPCS change your network setting to "CDMA only" then soft reset and your internet connection will return to SPCS.

Warning:

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PHONE HardSPL'D TO USE THIS ROM, to do this read here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

READ ME: This ROM is designed for everyday use by me. The design of this ROM is "as is" please do not ask about adding or removing a feature or program, as I have the "Now Network (Sprint)" this is who the rom is primarily setup for, other carriers may use it by way of a carrier cab, but support for other carriers if any will be limited....... Enjoy

Features:
HTC Sense 2.5
Undetectable Internet Sharing
Working MMS

Included:
Opera 9.7
MSFT Marketplace
MS MyPhone
Windows Live
Windows LiveIM
HTC Calculator
HTC Quick GPS
HTC YouTube
HTC Album
HTC Audio Booster
HTC Streaming Media Player
HTC Comm Manager
HTC SIM Manager
HTC E-Mail Setup
HTC Peep
MS Facebook
Adobe Reader
RSS Hub
HTC MP3 Trimmer
HTC Voice Recorder
HTC Teeter
HTC Sense 2.5

Removed:
Jetcet Printing
Jetcet Presentation
MS Voice Command
MS Welcome Center
Live Search (Bing)
OZ IM
SPCS TV
SPCS Navigation
NFL Mobile
Nascar Mobile
BCR WorldCard Mobile
HTC Task Manager (is not included in newer HTC ROMs)

Using RunCC SD Autoinstall:
To use the SD Autoinstall feature of RunCC you will need to create a file named SDConfig.txt in the root of you SD card then edit this file to point to the directory on your SD card that you want RunCC to install from

Example:

Code:
CAB: \Storage Card\TP2\Cabs\Resco.cabCAB: \Storage Card\TP2\Cabs\Registry.cabXML: \Storage Card\TP2\Initial\RegEdits.xml
Note: All of your .cabs and .xml's need to be marked as read only or RunCC will delete them.

Note this ROM uses a version of WM that may not be compatible with all of your software if you have issues with the position of your app try " Ameba" or "Showcase" for position fix.

DOWNLOAD_HERE

jakdillard 05-17-2010 12:40 PM

Re: JD's Custom Windows Mobile 6.5.5 ROM

Change Fixes Ect.

1. Owner_Info_Fix

2. Startmenu_and_OK_Button_Enabling

Iron.Wraith 05-17-2010 12:45 PM

*sits with knife and fork in hand looking at empty plate* :)

captblaze 05-17-2010 12:46 PM

looking forward to giving this a go..

com2 or com3?

jakdillard 05-17-2010 01:56 PM

it will be a com5 build 23569.5.5.0 tried to upload earlier but it failed will upload later tonight

darren.wlsn1 05-17-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1757680)
it will be a com5 build 23569.5.5.0 tried to upload earlier but it failed will upload later tonight

nice, thanx jd

info[]box1 05-17-2010 04:02 PM

RSVP...

Looking forward to your Latest and Greatest...

havox22 05-17-2010 05:19 PM

thanks JD looking forward to this

t0mmyr 05-17-2010 05:33 PM

i was expecting to find the first 23570 tp2 rom here....hmm

flyers2114 05-17-2010 06:49 PM

lets get it on!!!!

mikee4fun 05-17-2010 06:58 PM

Hey JD haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back.

ai6908 05-17-2010 09:02 PM

Good to see you make 6.5.5 ROMs JD...:)

jakdillard 05-18-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ai6908 (Post 1758570)
Good to see you make 6.5.5 ROMs JD...:)

yes and thank you for you phcanrc file

aman1127 05-18-2010 01:44 AM

Cant wait!!

info[]box1 05-18-2010 02:11 AM

JD..

Any chance on uploading a version of your ROM for us hard wire usb flashers..??

jakdillard 05-18-2010 08:29 AM

Download_ROM_Here

captblaze 05-18-2010 09:50 AM

just flashed with no issues.. 92mb program mem free at first boot / 260mb storage mem free. you have this baby trimmed back and running hard... will test on, but wanted to give some quick feedback

i dig the wallpaper also

quick question....

what customer care # is that listed with mem card icon located next to it?

info[]box1 05-18-2010 10:39 AM

WoOt...!!! Im now an official sd flasher... Just completed my first sd flash via WideAwake's app... Im excited... :D JD thanks for providing the .nbh file which by the way is Quietly Brilliant... :wink:

great job...

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759139)
JD..

Any chance on uploading a version of your ROM for us hard wire usb flashers..??

captblaze 05-18-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759529)
WoOt...!!! Im now an official sd flasher... Just completed my first sd flash via WideAwake's app... Im excited... :D JD thanks for providing the .nbh file which by the way is Quietly Brilliant... :wink:

great job...

in the future if you want to usb flash, just rename the file to ruu_signed.nbh

info[]box1 05-18-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759536)
in the future if you want to usb flash, just rename the file to ruu_signed.nbh

Then what right click on it all alone w/o the other files that normally comes with it.

captblaze 05-18-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759553)
Then what right click on it all alone w/o the other files that normally comes with it.

right click and rename the .nbh file and then drop it in whatever folder you have the tools to flash via usb

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:18 AM

just a key note since this is a more finger friendly Windows Mobile some of the UI code has changed so some apps may not position themselves correctly also this is a beta version of Windows Mobile 6.5.5 so there may be bugs I uploaded this as a test, right now I'm moving on to working on a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM which is not beta software so if you find bugs that are reasonable post them and I'll try to find a fix

captblaze 05-18-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759604)
just a key note since this is a more finger friendly Windows Mobile some of the UI code has changed so some apps may not position themselves correctly also this is a beta version of Windows Mobile 6.5.5 so there may be bugs I uploaded this as a test, right now I'm moving on to working on a Windows Mobile 6.5.3 ROM which is not beta software so if you find bugs that are reasonable post them and I'll try to find a fix

add/remove programs has an issue where the background doesnt render sometimes when accessing it. it has been an issue with 6.5.X builds. if you close out and reopen it works. also if you open other cpl items first it works

eliseexige 05-18-2010 11:50 AM

Solid ROM so far. Where are the "OK" and "Start" buttons? LOL maybe that's not included in 6.5.5. I am not entirely up to speed on versions. :)

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliseexige (Post 1759681)
Solid ROM so far. Where are the "OK" and "Start" buttons? LOL maybe that's not included in 6.5.5. I am not entirely up to speed on versions. :)

use your hardware keys the "back" button is ok and the "Windows" key is start

jakdillard 05-18-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759646)
add/remove programs has an issue where the background doesnt render sometimes when accessing it. it has been an issue with 6.5.X builds. if you close out and reopen it works. also if you open other cpl items first it works

lol I thought I broke that ... ok will have to add this as a tip

eliseexige 05-18-2010 12:08 PM

LOL I know that...just wasn't sure if they would be on the touchpad or not. Thanks.

info[]box1 05-18-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759646)

I also noticed this in all 65x ROMs... Never noticed the back out and go back in fix...thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759691)
use your hardware keys the "back" button is ok and the "Windows" key is start

I think that is a Brilliant change to things... re: no back soft-button & no start soft-button... Simply Brilliant...!!!

Question:: Any Reg edits or cab to change softkeys on home screen example; Change camera softkey to the lock softkey....?

Feedback:: Everything is running great, nothing outside of the normal 65x buggs.

thx

jakdillard 05-18-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759741)
I also noticed this in all 65x ROMs... Never noticed the back out and go back in fix...thx

I think that is a Brilliant change to things... re: no back soft-button & no start soft-button... Simply Brilliant...!!!

Question:: Any Reg edits or cab to change softkeys on home screen example; Change camera softkey to the lock softkey....?

Feedback:: Everything is running great, nothing outside of the normal 65x buggs.

thx

the only softkey on the home screen that can be changed is the left key ... what is it that you want it to do .....

info[]box1 05-18-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759779)
the only softkey on the home screen that can be changed is the left key ... what is it that you want it to do .....

The only thing I can think of is "Lock"... Based on a fact of me, I dont use the camera that often...idk

captblaze 05-18-2010 12:45 PM

here is another one for you...

i installed htc taskmanager (gadgetfreak's taskbar makes it so i can single click to access from taskbar) and have a blue background when i drop down from the taskbar. what key in the .tsk do i need to change to get it to go silver like the rest of the theme?

comparing it to the stock sprint .tsk i see differences in the base colors

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color\MultiColorTheme

is that where i need to make the change?

base color 4 is the same, but 1,2 & 3 are different

^

jakdillard 05-18-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by info[]box1 (Post 1759790)
The only thing I can think of is "Lock"... Based on a fact of me, I dont use the camera that often...idk

ok I'll see what I can do

jakdillard 05-18-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captblaze (Post 1759815)
here is another one for you...

i installed htc taskmanager (gadgetfreak's taskbar makes it so i can single click to access from taskbar) and have a blue background when i drop down from the taskbar. what key in the .tsk do i need to change to get it to go silver like the rest of the theme?

comparing it to the stock sprint .tsk i see differences in the base colors

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color\MultiColorTheme

is that where i need to make the change?

base color 4 is the same, but 1,2 & 3 are different

^

link me to the taskmanager

captblaze 05-18-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759946)
link me to the taskmanager

i got it fixed...

this is what i changed it to and now the blue is gone

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color\MultiColorTheme]
"BaseColor1"=dword:00c1c1c1
"BaseColor2"=dword:00eaeaea
"BaseColor3"=dword:00666666
"BaseColor4"=dword:00ffffff

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5...0654b192e70f3f

has the taskbar EXTs also

after a bit more testing i think all i needed to change was base color 3

^

^

info[]box1 05-18-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759942)
ok I'll see what I can do

Thanks...

General Feedback: I just successfully installed Dusk Evo 2.5 v4.0.... On top of CookiesHT...fyi

edit: Dusk seems to have broken the start hardkey... ClearStorage...lol Up until then everything was AOK... Just me trying something, no fault to JD's or his ROM...

darren.wlsn1 05-18-2010 02:25 PM

thanx jd, hit couple extra thanx since thread op seems lite on them.

Riley 05-18-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1760082)
thanx jd, hit couple extra thanx since thread op seems lite on them.

agreed, did the same. Great rom JD.

CoryNat 05-18-2010 03:44 PM

Really like the rom. Very smooth. Only thing I have found so far is I cannot get facebook updates. Login works, they start to appear and then disappear and I get no updates and events. Really only use it for the contact pics, but they are not pulling over. Just an FYI.

info[]box1 05-18-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1759604)

JD...If you say its Beta than it Beta... But this ROM is running and flowing too good to be Beta software...:D

jakdillard 05-18-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryNat (Post 1760340)
Really like the rom. Very smooth. Only thing I have found so far is I cannot get facebook updates. Login works, they start to appear and then disappear and I get no updates and events. Really only use it for the contact pics, but they are not pulling over. Just an FYI.

ok i will check that out sometimes you may have to hit the refresh button to get pics it can be sometimey