PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/3/10 V9.2 (23563) Roms in 7 Colors Themes with Matching Dialer,XDA_UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
FYI: I am going to update my with CHT 1.8 released today. If everyone is going to switch the BigMaxSense for testing or to stay with it. It will not hurt me much. I will stop crying in a day or two, maybe three. LOL

Let me know when you are ready for V9.3 with CHT 1.8 rom. And post here what you think of BigMaxSense. For now that will be the only rom available with Bookmaking's. So give it try and let know if it's worth it for me to stop building my own rom.
VERY VERY READY! Eventhough I haven't heard about CHT1.8. Havn't been on this weekend which im sure is when it was released haha

As far as Max sense. While I enjoy the interface it doesn't flow enough for me. I do flash to it occasionally to play around and keep things fresh. But your rom has everything so neatly organized. I dont mean the menus.

Everything from your touch response to your Opera 9.7 saving links to the favorites (while other Roms even if Opera 9.7 is the default browser it saves the links to bookmarks). To your windows bubble messaging to how your taskbar operates. How your dusk links are overlapping the icons and SO MUCH MORE!!!

All these very small details is what makes a great rom in my opinion. The fact that everything works out of the box, which strange enough doesn't happen on other roms

Now that Ive been spoiled with the efficiency of your roms I really get jittery when I move to others.

Max sense As I see it would have been a much nicer interface with the slide out tabs that were in the video rather then the widgets that are now in place. but Bignadad is making a great progress over there. Sense 2.5 with CHT makes this phone easy to use user friendly and very easy to navigate to where you want. With the stability of your rom, its really what this phone needed.

AS far as I'm concerned while other roms may be fun to play with. Timberwolf is where I'm at!

With such stable builds I would encourage you to expand your creativity and move to different themes. Simply because you've mastered the dusk one.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 06-06-2010 at 11:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK, so it's been a very eventful evening LOL

First I flashed the v9.2 and Bing worked fine. Not sure what the issue was with 9.1 and if I have time I'll flash back to reconfirm (but I know I didn't imagine those error messages (I think)). Maybe it has something to do with Bing being cooked in (but I doubt it since it worked on v3.2). Anyway, the verizon.cab file in v9.2 is tjelite's mms provisioning file. I took that file and added registry entries to provision the keyboard and favorites key. To test it, I renamed the file to verizon.cab and moved it into the windows directory before provisioning. I then went into the tools folder and ran carrier provisioning. Everything seems to be working.

I included the v3.2 verizon.cab for your archives (just in case). Since I didn't use it, there are some things that didn't get provisioned. Unless someone is roaming or planning on going to Europe I don't think it will matter.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ST verizon.cab (1.81 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 32Verizon.cab (3.34 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I still have camera issues... "there is not enough memory". In previous builds, a reset cleared the error and I was able to regain camera function. Not on this one (V9.2). Anyone else?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
I still have camera issues... "there is not enough memory". In previous builds, a reset cleared the error and I was able to regain camera function. Not on this one (V9.2). Anyone else?

I get this too, but to me its no big deal since I dont use the camera often and a reset always fixes this.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Jim8181

I could live with it also if a reset fixed it. But resetting doesn't help anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
I get this too, but to me its no big deal since I dont use the camera often and a reset always fixes this.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

V9.3 with CHT 1.8 almost ready. Had many problems with getting 1.8 to cook in the rom and everything to work. Installing by cab everything would work, but I would cook in the rom, the lock screen wouldn't work and then I had problems with wallpaper not showing. The wallpaper issues was my mistake but now fixed.

Can anyone using 9.2 23563 check your about (located in system menu) and check what build version the screen shows. I may have released 9.2 as a 23563 xip build, but cooked with 23569.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Jim8181

CE OS 5.2.23568 (Build 23569.5.5.0) ----- Here.
Quote:
V9.3 with CHT 1.8 almost ready. Had many problems with getting 1.8 to cook in the rom and everything to work. Installing by cab everything would work, but I would cook in the rom, the lock screen wouldn't work and then I had problems with wallpaper not showing. The wallpaper issues was my mistake but now fixed.

Can anyone using 9.2 23563 check your about (located in system menu) and check what build version the screen shows. I may have released 9.2 as a 23563 xip build, but cooked with 23569.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
CE OS 5.2.23568 (Build 23569.5.5.0) ----- Here.
Then we have the answer why some of the freezing or lockup's. I posted version 9.2 as xip 23563. Will correct in V9.3.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Re: *Coming 6/7/10 V9.3 (23563) CHT1.8 *7 Color Themes with Matching Dialer,XDA_UC

1st, let me start this posting with an apology to everyone. When I released version 9.2 labeled as XIP & SYS of 23563. Instead that build was done with XIP & SYS of 23569. I'm quite certain that is the cause of the lockups and freezing you had this past week. Once again let say how sorry I am for my mistake. Now on with the good news! Version 9.3 is ready and beginning to upload now.
Warning!
CHT 1.8 during the 1st boot will run very slow. Please wait 3-4 minutes for XDA_UC to open it screen. If you have cabs to install in your XDA_UC directory on you SDcard. Please give this sufficient time to complete its task. Even if you do not install any cabs, please answer yes to reboot. There are many new features in CHT 1.8 that will take some time getting adjusted to. I have removed the ToggleBT from the utilities folder due to its redundancy now available in CHT. Also you'll find many other toggles now available in this new release. Some of saved setting will not import correctly. Such as your lock screen, weather on and off toggles. Shortcuts such as contacts & program will import just fine.
Enoy! TW [-o<
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Jim8181

Re: *Coming 6/7/10 V9.3 (23563) CHT1.8 *7 Color Themes with Matching Dialer,XDA_UC

Good deal TW. Thanks for all the time you put into this crap! Go spend some time with your wife before she files - "alienation of affection". Ha!
Quote:
1st, let me start this posting with an apology to everyone. When I released version 9.2 labeled as XIP & SYS of 23563. Instead that build was done with XIP & SYS of 23569. I'm quite certain that is the cause of the lockups and freezing you had this past week. Once again let say how sorry I am for my mistake. Now on with the good news! Version 9.3 is ready and beginning to upload now.
Warning!
CHT 1.8 during the 1st boot will run very slow. Please wait 3-4 minutes for XDA_UC to open it screen. If you have cabs to install in your XDA_UC directory on you SDcard. Please give this sufficient time to complete its task. Even if you do not install any cabs, please answer yes to reboot. There are many new features in CHT 1.8 that will take some time getting adjusted to. I have removed the ToggleBT from the utilities folder due to its redundancy now available in CHT. Also you'll find many other toggles now available in this new release. Some of saved setting will not import correctly. Such as your lock screen, weather on and off toggles. Shortcuts such as contacts & program will import just fine.
Enoy! TW [-o<

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development