PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 5/29/10 V9(23569) Roms in 6 Colors + New Matching Dialer,XDA_UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs View Post
Does V9 have the lighter font that was in the beta? I have been running your V8 versions and I love the bolder font....especially when I receive a text. Your work is much appreciated!!
You must be using the Speical Sprint rom. Totally different SMS/MMS system. That's the reason for the bolder font. Will work on the next release for V9 to have a bolder font in the SMS/MMS.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
I always get a message after XDA_UC asking if I want to reset although it's not necessary. I don't know what it would say if I had something like a theme or taskbar in the directory. I would assume a reset would be necessary at that point.

I'm not complaining about the new working icon, it's new so it's interesting!

Also, have you posted the red feather wallpaper?

TIA,
ST
Installing a theme cab only copies files to the windows directory. It's doesn't tell the OS a forced reset is required. But must be done to see the new theme fully loaded after a soft reset.

Right click on the image and save to your deskop.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 05-30-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

The new icon taskbar was not needed to get the BT icon working. So if needed we can always return to my previous modified taskbar with the colored signal bars.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work

v9 looks great jstine, now all i gota do is wait for 28xxx series got a time frame for me lol. keep up ur great roms
Old 05-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,
My comment was based on the fact that I don't load any cabs that require a reset to see the changes. And the message that XDA_UC gives me at the end states that a reset isn't necessary. I was wondering if XDA_UC was smart enough to know when a cab states that a reset is necessary (e.g. theme, etc). Then it would tell me that a reset was required. A simple test could resolve this but I've already flashed three times today, LOL.

On another note, I had another "out of memory" message when trying to use the camera. I ran "clean ram" at level 1 and got the same message. I did a reset and it worked again. I don't know if the rom is on the edge or what? Now when I'm trying to use the camera it actually shows the home screen with a broken image (grainy) of the camera lens in the background (weird). I'll try to get a screen cap. After a reset works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf671 View Post
Installing a theme cab only copies files to the windows directory. It's doesn't tell the OS a forced reset is required. But must be done to see the new theme fully loaded after a soft reset.

The "crosshair" is from the cameral app. You can't really see it in the picture but there are scattered pixels of the "view" from the lens. Interesting effect! Like I said, a soft reset fixed it.

ST

Last edited by suntopper; 05-30-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter7773 View Post
v9 looks great jstine, now all i gota do is wait for 28xxx series got a time frame for me lol. keep up ur great roms
Just waiting to hear from everyone about the rom. Sounds like there is something going on with the camera. If I get the chance today I will do a 28232 build and post.

Quote:
jstine,
My comment was based on the fact that I don't load any cabs that require a reset to see the changes. And the message that XDA_UC gives me at the end states that a reset isn't necessary. I was wondering if XDA_UC was smart enough to know when a cab states that a reset is necessary (e.g. theme, etc). Then it would tell me that a reset was required. A simple test could resolve this but I've already flashed three times today, LOL.

On another note, I had another "out of memory" message when trying to use the camera. I ran "clean ram" at level 1 and got the same message. I did a reset and it worked again. I don't know if the rom is on the edge or what? Now when I'm trying to use the camera it actually shows the home screen with a broken image (grainy) of the camera lens in the background (weird). I'll try to get a screen cap. After a reset works fine

The "crosshair" is from the cameral app. You can't really see it in the picture but there are scattered pixels of the "view" from the lens. Interesting effect! Like I said, a soft reset fixed it.

ST
Now that we are hearing this problem from more than one source. I will have to try more than just a few shots to test the camera.

Since the camera uses the SDcard for storage. 1st try removing everything from you memory card and then do a 32bit format of the SDcard. Then put back only personal files on the memory card. 2nd tell me how much memory is available post flash with all contacts loaded and all of your post flash programs installed. I think that 23569 is a memory hog and has a bad memory leak problem. After using the 23569 series rom for the past few days I'm not liking what I see. I'm trying to give the xip a fair shake and make sure it's not something that I have done. If the freezes and weird camera memory continue, then I will return to 23563 as the base xip myself for a few day and see if the problems are still. This could be related to the oem camera files I started using in the rom 2 -3 weeks ago and we are only starting to explore more features of the rom.

I have started using my personal phone with a BT headset and not my work cell. I can not afford to miss calls because the phone has froze in my pocket and I didn't know it.

Maybe we need to return to the older OEM's and lower build. Newer isn't always better!

BTW: XDA_UC is new to me, still playing with it to give a solid answer.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 05-30-2010 at 07:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
jstine,

ST
Could you up a larger image. If it's like I have done when taking my phones back off and during using the phone I had finger print marks on the inside cover or the outside. Check that also that the lens is clean. Just a thought!

I took 15 pictures with phone this morning any without problems.

Had anyone changed the default settings in the camera. If so, to what?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

If you would like a chrome taskbar icons to match the slider icons?

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671203

Be sure to select the correct version!

Black signal icons . For white, see next picture.

White singal icons

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 05-30-2010 at 12:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,

I did a restore factory defaults to gather some data regarding the camera issue:

After "restore to factory" total program: 183.30 MB Free program: 65.78 MB
After "provisioning, xda_uc" total program: 183.30 MB Free program: 64.76 MB
camera fine (just a screen check)
After customizing (wallpaper, etc.) Free program: 41.10 MB
Misc. activity: Free program: 38.26 MB

Camera is still working at this point. Sounds like your memory leak theory may be right on. During the Misc. Activity I only input a stock to track and enabled my location.

ST
Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
jstine,

I did a restore factory defaults to gather some data regarding the camera issue:

After "restore to factory" total program: 183.30 MB Free program: 65.78 MB
After "provisioning, xda_uc" total program: 183.30 MB Free program: 64.76 MB
After customizing (wallpaper, etc.) Free program: 41.10 MB
Misc. activity: Free program: 38.26 MB

Camera is still working at this point. Sounds like your memory leak theory may be right on. During the Misc. Activity I only input a stock to track and enabled my location.

ST
Maybe lets see.

I posted more pics for you in the same posting. Plus more taskbar icons I found.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development