PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom VisualKitchen EXT Request Thread - Get Them HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
Right, maybe I need to clear up what i meant,
because the way I asked above seems retarded.

If you install Bing v5.1.2010.5040 via ext from a kitchen, after you flash your phone windows will show all those wav files as phone sounds that are in the drop down menu in phone options ring tone!

If you install Bing v5.1.2010.5040 via cab file via the phone, windows does not import the wav files to the phone ringtone directory. and you don't have a 20 to 30 long character named wav file as a ring tone, that doesn't work as a ringtone anyway!

burn bing to a rom from an ext in your kitchen and then check your sound and notification selection.
Just a little more work, it's what I do for my installed ringers so they don't show up twice.

Just rename the .wav files to what's going on below.... (.wav to .wa)

Directory("\Program Files\Bing\audio"):-File("3634cd4e11b1bd74559577b49ed6efae.wav","\Wind ows\3634cd4e11b1bd74559577b49ed6efae.wa")

I would mind a copy of that whenever ya get it done.

edit:
That will prevent winmo from picking them up...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Just a little more work, it's what I do for my installed ringers so they don't show up twice.

Just rename the .wav files to what's going on below.... (.wav to .wa)

Directory("\Program Files\Bing\audio"):-File("3634cd4e11b1bd74559577b49ed6efae.wav","\Wind ows\3634cd4e11b1bd74559577b49ed6efae.wa")

I would mind a copy of that whenever ya get it done.

edit:
That will prevent winmo from picking them up...
You just gave me an idea
Ill start on it right now, should be done in a few!

back..... No go I thought if I could hide them, but it didnt work

Last edited by lionedas; 06-29-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:19 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

This will do what ya want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
This will do what ya want.

Didn't try it yet but I see what your doing!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Greetings from Rom SYS 24618... New version of Office 2010. Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Greetings from Rom SYS 24618... New version of Office 2010. Enjoy!
Awesome, thanks Rstoy.

I have a question about using EXT packages setup for other kitchens:

I use Icey's version of Calks VK as my main kitchen, but I'm starting to test out the OS Builder kitchen and the OS Kitchen Zero 1.31 beta.

To me it looks like all three use a slightly different setup in their EXT structure.

I'm wondering how to take an EXT meant for Calk's and use it in the other 2 kitchens and vice versa. For instance with the latest 2016 files floating around, none seem to be plug & play for Calks and when I try to cook them in they don't show up on the device.

Let me know if I need to be more clear but my main question is how do you use one EXT and make it usable for all 3 kitchens?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Awesome, thanks Rstoy.

I have a question about using EXT packages setup for other kitchens:

I use Icey's version of Calks VK as my main kitchen, but I'm starting to test out the OS Builder kitchen and the OS Kitchen Zero 1.31 beta.

To me it looks like all three use a slightly different setup in their EXT structure.

I'm wondering how to take an EXT meant for Calk's and use it in the other 2 kitchens and vice versa. For instance with the latest 2016 files floating around, none seem to be plug & play for Calks and when I try to cook them in they don't show up on the device.

Let me know if I need to be more clear but my main question is how do you use one EXT and make it usable for all 3 kitchens?
I've still got oskitchen v1.0... I think I've noticed they use a DSM file in their EXT's. I haven't really played with it, but here is a guide going from EVK to OsKitchen. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=3. I'll have to download it and check it out. I'm still a fan of the EVK though...

edit: first glance, osk will add the .dsm files if you just drag-n-drop your older EXT files...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-30-2010 at 04:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I've still got oskitchen v1.0... I think I've noticed they use a DSM file in their EXT's. I haven't really played with it, but here is a guide going from EVK to OsKitchen. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...91&postcount=3. I'll have to download it and check it out. I'm still a fan of the EVK though...

edit: first glance, osk will add the .dsm files if you just drag-n-drop your older EXT files...
yeah I noticed the DSM, but also EVK seem to have app.dat and often another folder containing more files. I was just curious if I need to pull the files out of the folder and paste them in the same level as the DSM? I'll play with it more, thanks for the insight!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Ok, I deconstucted, built, added 2.5.2016, flashed etc.

Plus's:
- A little faster deconstructing a .nbh
- Auto recmods certain packages
- built in package creater
- Will use EVK EXT's, adds the .dsm file automatically
--- I put my ext's in:
------ ..\osKitchen Zero v1.31beta3\Sources\Devices\HTC Leo\EXT Packages and create subfolders under that.
- Example:
------ ..\osKitchen Zero v1.31beta3\Sources\Devices\HTC Leo\EXT Packages\Packages_HTC Leo
------ ..\osKitchen Zero v1.31beta3\Sources\Devices\HTC Leo\EXT Packages\Packages_Manila 2.5.2016 t
------ ..\osKitchen Zero v1.31beta3\Sources\Devices\HTC Leo\EXT Packages\Packages_Sense25_zCo0kie

Con's:
- What happened to all the OEM files from the nbh? EDit: rest are merged in to Packages_HTC LEO...
- All those itty-bitty checkboxes....
- Won't do multiple devices. ie. LEO and TP2 booo...

Overall, not bad, but I won't switch.

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-30-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Post Master General

ROFL that a decent review I guess can't argue against the pro's or the con's you lay out. EVK is still my standard, but OSK is the hot chick on the side.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
ext, kitchen, oem, visual