PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion
Re: ¤ UPDATE ¤ FusionROM ¤ Windows Phone ¤ WM6.5 ¤ Sense 2.5 ¤ 03.26.10 ¤

Alright, I got sms working better. You can still break it if you beat the hell out of it but I'm still working on getting it 100%. See the changelog in post 1 for more info and for download link.
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

girlshateherbz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to girlshateherbz

Oh man i just barely had a chance to get back to this thread and i see that there seems to be a solution to the messaging problem, i'm gonna install this new rom and try it out fusion, thank you for getting on it so quick man! I gotta say i love this rom and if the messaging is fixed then i'm set. thanks again, i know... i'm ranting. lol
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP

Alright

Remember I still am yet to perfect it but I have flashed a few other roms during my testing over the last 24 or so hours and functionality should be on par with them.

I need feedback, anyone who downloads this version (03.26.10) please take a minute to provide me with some. Especially pertaining to texting.

Thanks!

EDIT: I had an issue with sms hanging this morning. I got a decent idea of what is causing this now! Guess I had to sleep on it.

Last edited by fusion; 03-26-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Congrats on the ROM! I've mainly been using Mighty's, but I like the look of this and that you're trying to perfect it. I'll try to flash later tonight (at work now and won't be home til late) and provide feedback to give a VZW perspective!

Last edited by willyjay; 03-26-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

OK peeps. This seems to be happening on Mighty's latest ROM. I've only seen it reported by one person though......

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1291

Perhaps it is something to do with the Sprint OEM Drivers. Hopefully we will figure it out sooner than later.

I did create a bare version of my ROM and skipped provisioning all together and sms was flawless though... SO I'm still trying to determine if its within provisioning or elsewhere.

Last edited by fusion; 03-26-2010 at 12:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

People with SMS problems... do me a quick favor. Take out your SIM card (under your battery, use the stylus) and see if you still have issues with SMS.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP Member

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Flashed 032610 and all I can say is....WOW! Very nice! Very snappy, no lag on home screen with weather animations. My flash dance from MightyROM: Clear storage > flash Verizon stock 6.5 > clear storage > program phone > flash FusionROM 032610 > clear storage > provision > imnuts' arcsoft for vzw cab.
  • Task bar shows EV instead of 3G for verizon, but no issue.
  • Long press on red "end" button goes to vibrate (which is cool) instead of soft reset. Found that top screen wake up button long hold does the soft reset.
  • Clock stuck on me once
  • Send/receive MMS OK! (only checked twice but no problems)
  • I like the notice to "view" or "dismiss" on email / miss call notifications
  • wifi stopped working for me on twitter and opera, but vzw connection worked
So far so good....I'm enjoying the colors you've chose.

Installed MyPhone, imnuts arcsoft, Inbox Extender, white battery w/% and shutXP so far.

Great Job!

EDIT: Lovin' the rom! Any thoughts to using cookies homepage cab vs. the 16 shortcuts?

Last edited by willyjay; 03-27-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: ¤ FusionROM ¤ Windows Phone ¤ WM6.5 ¤ Sense 2.5 ¤ 03.26.10 ¤

OK, it's been one hell of a weekend! I'm making progress on the ROM and hope to have a fix for the SMS issue uploaded this week. As previously stated, taking out the SIM card should fix the problem until I come out with one. Thanks to everyone that has been flashing and testing my ROM. I really appreciate it. Alright, well back to work, later.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Flashed 032610 and all I can say is....WOW! Very nice! Very snappy, no lag on home screen with weather animations. My flash dance from MightyROM: Clear storage > flash Verizon stock 6.5 > clear storage > program phone > flash FusionROM 032610 > clear storage > provision > imnuts' arcsoft for vzw cab.
  • Task bar shows EV instead of 3G for verizon, but no issue.
  • Long press on red "end" button goes to vibrate (which is cool) instead of soft reset. Found that top screen wake up button long hold does the soft reset.
  • Clock stuck on me once
  • Send/receive MMS OK! (only checked twice but no problems)
  • I like the notice to "view" or "dismiss" on email / miss call notifications
  • wifi stopped working for me on twitter and opera, but vzw connection worked
So far so good....I'm enjoying the colors you've chose.

Installed MyPhone, imnuts arcsoft, Inbox Extender, white battery w/% and shutXP so far.

Great Job!

EDIT: Lovin' the rom! Any thoughts to using cookies homepage cab vs. the 16 shortcuts?

Thanks bro! I'm going to be updating the taskbar icons for ev and 3g once I fix the sms issue/rom.

I've not tried to install cookie over 16 shortcuts, if that doesn't work then perhaps i'll build the rom with no homescreen mods built in and just upload the cabs to allow for further user customization.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion View Post
Thanks bro! I'm going to be updating the taskbar icons for ev and 3g once I fix the sms issue/rom.

I've not tried to install cookie over 16 shortcuts, if that doesn't work then perhaps i'll build the rom with no homescreen mods built in and just upload the cabs to allow for further user customization.
Cool....take your time and I know you'll get that sms issue (still no issues for me)!

I was just wondering about the cookie vs 16...I just like to be able to hide the shortcuts by swipping down as well as the calendar notification out 7 days (adjustable) in cookie's, but the 16 is working out for me, no problem.

No worries....I'll keep checking back for an update and keep running this rom for a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
fusion, rom, touch pro 2, tp2