PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **[3.28.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrodjs View Post
Thats what ill be doing as soon as my battery is over 50%.
Or you can just put your phone in bootloader and connect again and flash away. I wouldnt do this if you were at 10% left but it works fine

Question for you guys. flashed this rom on Friday. memory usage was hovering at 75%. then installed resource proxy and at bootup it dropped considerably to 48%, but eventually climbed up into the low 70's again. I wanted to check in and see if this has been reduced or I guess the bigger question is, does it matter. I know when a rom is up in the 70's it can slow down certain things like video playback in flash, etc. just curious.

Last edited by Riley; 03-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM
metrodjs

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: **[3.28.10]** SPRINT LOVER'S ROM 2.5 | Official 21889 6.5 | Organization | Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Or you can just put your phone in bootloader and connect again and flash away. I wouldnt do this if you were at 10% left but it works fine

Question for you guys. flashed this rom on Friday. memory usage was hovering at 75%. then installed resource proxy and at bootup it dropped considerably to 48%, but eventually climbed up into the low 70's again. I wanted to check in and see if this has been reduced or I guess the bigger question is, does it matter. I know when a rom is up in the 70's it can slow down certain things live video playback in flash, etc. just curious.
Is there a tutorial on how to put the phone in bootloader? Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I found it. Thanks! hold power, volume down and hold the reset button.

Last edited by metrodjs; 03-28-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrodjs View Post
Is there a tutorial on how to put the phone in bootloader? Thanks!
sure, turn your device off. then hold the volume down button and hit the power button until the tricolor screen appears. then hook up your device and you should see usb on the bottom after a few seconds. then you are connected and can flash the rom bypassing the 50% requirement. Just be careful to do this with enough battery left. you dont want it to die while flashing. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 PM
metrodjs

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
sure, turn your device off. then hold the volume down button and hit the power button until the tricolor screen appears. then hook up your device and you should see usb on the bottom after a few seconds. then you are connected and can flash the rom bypassing the 50% requirement. Just be careful to do this with enough battery left. you dont want it to die while flashing. good luck.
Thank you for your help!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Question for you guys. flashed this rom on Friday. memory usage was hovering at 75%. then installed resource proxy and at bootup it dropped considerably to 48%, but eventually climbed up into the low 70's again. I wanted to check in and see if this has been reduced or I guess the bigger question is, does it matter. I know when a rom is up in the 70's it can slow down certain things like video playback in flash, etc. just curious.
What type of apps are you running/have you loaded? I find Opera 10 and sprint picture mail, photo album and my work email (lotus notes) ratchet it up. Tested on stock with same result. Interesting thing is my wife's tp2 is on the stock 6.5 and I have her set up with the cookie mod and tsowen's new taskbar and she will sit in the low to mid 60s, so I am clearly running something that is leaking/eating memory. Curious what you have installed as a comparison.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
What type of apps are you running/have you loaded? I find Opera 10 and sprint picture mail, photo album and my work email (lotus notes) ratchet it up. Tested on stock with same result. Interesting thing is my wife's tp2 is on the stock 6.5 and I have her set up with the cookie mod and tsowen's new taskbar and she will sit in the low to mid 60s, so I am clearly running something that is leaking/eating memory. Curious what you have installed as a comparison.
nothing out of the ordinary. just opera mini, r6 quicklinks, mdigger rss feed, clear temp, ucweb, shake n save, etc, etc. nothing that runs constantly. I experienced about the same thing on stock, hovers between 58% and 65%.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Chris - MS My Phone had me run the update and reset after flash. Facebook is the 1.0.0.17 version though. Just FYI. Not sure if the my phone was suppose to do that or not.
Did you flash the test ROM he posted earlier, or the 3/28 ROM from the first post? MS MyPhone didn't update for me, and it's showing the most recent version after I ran it.

Last edited by chino331; 03-28-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
nothing out of the ordinary. just opera mini, r6 quicklinks, mdigger rss feed, clear temp, ucweb, shake n save, etc, etc. nothing that runs constantly. I experienced about the same thing on stock, hovers between 58% and 65%.
I have nothing that clearly appears to be using the memory, but I am assuming that something is not closing correctly and continuing to use it up. I have no other explanation. Going to try not running specific apps over the next few days and see if I can identify a culprit.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
Did you flash the test ROM he posted earlier, or the 3/28 ROM from the first post? MS MyPhone didn't update for me, and it's showing the most recent version after I ran it.
Ah, you are probably correct.

Sorry, Chris.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I have nothing that clearly appears to be using the memory, but I am assuming that something is not closing correctly and continuing to use it up. I have no other explanation. Going to try not running specific apps over the next few days and see if I can identify a culprit.
Guys, after using the resproxy tweak for some time now, it is clear that the changed key will automatically change back after some time and memory will creep back up (which is why I didnt cook it into the rom) Reinstalling it should lower memory for a while, but it is not a permanent solution. I will continue looking into this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development