PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: |WWE|BharS|23557|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENERIC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|14APR|V7.0|GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
ok so I am running the newest release of this rom and I went like you said to start/utilities/ but I don't have a theme changer program there and I can't seem to change anything as far as the background pic goes. Other than that I really like this rom. Excellent work.
Did you read the GFX thread @ XDA? It is a bug in GFX that will not allow you to change home screen wallpaper. Work around will be to use HDWall!

I am assuming you talking about GFX ROM, if not, let me know.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

meredith.travis is a n00b
Re: |WWE|BharS|23557|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2012.14|GENERIC| BLK & GTX|XDA_UC|14APR|V7.0|GT

ok so everything was fine, now when i go to the people tab it freezes....anybody else have this problem on gtx???
Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith.travis View Post
ok so everything was fine, now when i go to the people tab it freezes....anybody else have this problem on gtx???
I used to mine without any problems. Did it give you trouble after you updated your facebook contacts?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Are you talking about messaging through HTC People tab?
Im talking about the ability to go to the contact tab on the bottom slider, click on a favorite contact and then click on send message option and then having the screen just go all black and i cant do anything from the all black screen. Now the first time i flashed V7 it did the same thing initially but after about a day or so of me playing with the rom i went to the contact tab on the bottom slider again and clicked on a favorite contact and then clicked send msg and then all of a sudden instead of an all black screen it went to a text msging service that was great. It was a conversation/threaded style text msging with the whole conversation on the top of the text box and the send button right next to the text typing box and it worked in both portrait and landscape. How can i get that txt msging to function again. Or was it just some one of a kind glitch that wasnt supposed to happen. I sure hope not or if it was i hope someone can figure out how to get it back on ur rom. Or hopefully i can figure out what i did the first time to bring it out and make it function. I really liked it. It was neat,clean, and had everything in a msging service that u could want. It was better than the WM text msging and better than Sense 2.5 msging service. A quick question, would a Sense 2.1 txt msging cab function correctly on ur rom? Because ive only used Sense 2.1 a very little bit and im not even sure what the Sense 2.1 msging looks like. For all i know thats what i could have been using maybe. I just want a msging service that will allow me to send texts from the HTC Contacts tab and the favorites contacts tab on the lower slider. If i try it now it goes directly to an all black screen thats useless. I was just hoping to get that text messaging service back that i got the first V7 flash i did. I really wish i could remember what i did to get that.
Or is whats the cool looking text msging i saw in ur GTX pics. Im not sure if its the same as in ur GTX rom because i havent gotten around to a good using/testing of the GTX rom yet. But the text msging in the pic from the GTX rom was sweet. Is there any way u could cab up the Text Msging i saw in ur GTX pics. Or would it even function on the V7 rom. Another long post that basically says the same thing over and over, sorry about that, but thanks for all the help with the roms.
Also i think that it might have been the XT Hacks B2 app that i installed that might have broke my device and made me need to do a Hard-Reset twice and not anything thats wrong with the rom. Ever since i removed XT Hack B2 from my device its been more reliable. Thanks alot for ur time again.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Im talking about the ability to go to the contact tab on the bottom slider, click on a favorite contact and then click on send message option and then having the screen just go all black and i cant do anything from the all black screen. Now the first time i flashed V7 it did the same thing initially but after about a day or so of me playing with the rom i went to the contact tab on the bottom slider again and clicked on a favorite contact and then clicked send msg and then all of a sudden instead of an all black screen it went to a text msging service that was great. It was a conversation/threaded style text msging with the whole conversation on the top of the text box and the send button right next to the text typing box and it worked in both portrait and landscape. How can i get that txt msging to function again. Or was it just some one of a kind glitch that wasnt supposed to happen. I sure hope not or if it was i hope someone can figure out how to get it back on ur rom. Or hopefully i can figure out what i did the first time to bring it out and make it function. I really liked it. It was neat,clean, and had everything in a msging service that u could want. It was better than the WM text msging and better than Sense 2.5 msging service. A quick question, would a Sense 2.1 txt msging cab function correctly on ur rom? Because ive only used Sense 2.1 a very little bit and im not even sure what the Sense 2.1 msging looks like. For all i know thats what i could have been using maybe. I just want a msging service that will allow me to send texts from the HTC Contacts tab and the favorites contacts tab on the lower slider. If i try it now it goes directly to an all black screen thats useless. I was just hoping to get that text messaging service back that i got the first V7 flash i did. I really wish i could remember what i did to get that.
Or is whats the cool looking text msging i saw in ur GTX pics. Im not sure if its the same as in ur GTX rom because i havent gotten around to a good using/testing of the GTX rom yet. But the text msging in the pic from the GTX rom was sweet. Is there any way u could cab up the Text Msging i saw in ur GTX pics. Or would it even function on the V7 rom. Another long post that basically says the same thing over and over, sorry about that, but thanks for all the help with the roms.
Also i think that it might have been the XT Hacks B2 app that i installed that might have broke my device and made me need to do a Hard-Reset twice and not anything thats wrong with the rom. Ever since i removed XT Hack B2 from my device its been more reliable. Thanks alot for ur time again.
This is the way my ROMs has been from the beginning. Black screen is the disadvantage of not having HTC Messaging Client. You cannot send msgs to contacts from contacts tab, unless you already have a message from them.

I think there is a fix for that somewhere in calculin's thread, but not sure if it works or not.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Did you read the GFX thread @ XDA? It is a bug in GFX that will not allow you to change home screen wallpaper. Work around will be to use HDWall!

I am assuming you talking about GFX ROM, if not, let me know.
Yes GFX is what I was talking about and no I had not read the XDA page. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to have the cab for hdwall?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
Yes GFX is what I was talking about and no I had not read the XDA page. Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to have the cab for hdwall?
Here is the XDA thread for HDWall.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503511
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ok thanks now it all makes more sense now. Ive always installed either NRGZ or another Sense 2.5 messaging client cab because my MMS never worked anyways with Cricket so i really never used the roms stock WM sms. So I just have to wait for a contact to send me a txt msg and then ill be able to send or reply to that contact with a txt msg that i can then send from the contacts tab. Am i understanding this right. Thanks for the info and quick responses to all the questions. It really is appreciated.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Ok thanks now it all makes more sense now. Ive always installed either NRGZ or another Sense 2.5 messaging client cab because my MMS never worked anyways with Cricket so i really never used the roms stock WM sms. So I just have to wait for a contact to send me a txt msg and then ill be able to send or reply to that contact with a txt msg that i can then send from the contacts tab. Am i understanding this right. Thanks for the info and quick responses to all the questions. It really is appreciated.
You can just use the WM messaging for sending the initial messages, and from then on, use the HTC messaging.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Version 8.0

Version 8.0 is up. You know what to expect if you use my ROM. I DONT NEED YOUR COMMENTS IF YOU HAVENT FLASHED MY ROM! Enjoy..and hit the thanks button if you like it...

Both Black and GTX fixed versions are up. I am hoping this release is a lot smoother than V7.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development