PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6-13 [ROM / Kitchen] - 'Sprint Basics 1.3' Visual Kitchen - WM 6.1 Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot007 View Post
Awesome. Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
You can but you need to convert it to an EXT first. RSTOYGUY has a tutorial on how to do this somewhere on the board....

Scott
hello scrosler ...did you fix the 2016 bug? thanks
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started

Seeing as I'm new to making my own rom, any tips on how to customize settings? Like which options are selected by default, and how to copy a file over after initialization?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Seeing as I'm new to making my own rom, any tips on how to customize settings? Like which options are selected by default, and how to copy a file over after initialization?
I dont have any customizations that will help you copy a file over by default ;c( Sorry. You would have to do that manually. As far as customizing settings..... EEEK this could be a long conversation ;c) What specifically do you want to know?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I know it's a long conversation - I have spent countless time searching the internet for solutions, but everyone has their own way of doing it, and no one ever really explains it at a level I can understand...without spending days playing around with stuff.

Basically, I have a today screen cab that I converted to install with the kitchen, but now I want it to be selected by default when the rom is flashed.

I'd also like to add a custom splash screen (I know that should be covered somewhere else, but since I'm asking questions, I thought I'd throw it in). And settings like ring tones and such.

EDIT: I just stumbled on this: http://ppckitchen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=603
Looks like this should do the trick. Let me know if you have any tips in addition to that.

EDIT #2: It only tells me how to copy files around. It doesn't tell me how to select the today screen I want by default.

Last edited by sureshot007; 06-17-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
I read another post in this thread that it's not possible to add cabs to the kitchen - is this still true?
Yes you can, I ran across this kitchen in my throwback mood and LOVED it. Getting ready to make a 6.1 rom for myself. Here is a link for a cab to ext converter that is super easy.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=525302
These guys deserve major credit.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

BTW, thanks scrosler for the renewed interest. Bought the wife and evo and loved the speed, but still can't convert to droid. Ran across your kitchen and forgot how fast and smooth 6.1 is. Also, loved the look of your transparent clock rom from your kitchen. Good design never gets old.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I know I keep piling on the questions - I really appreciate the help. Searching sometimes get exhausting.

I would like the top and bottom curtains to be black. So I'm assuming I have to edit the theme. What's the best/easiest way to do that?
Old 06-18-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I know I keep piling on the questions - I really appreciate the help. Searching sometimes get exhausting.

I would like the top and bottom curtains to be black. So I'm assuming I have to edit the theme. What's the best/easiest way to do that?
I would start off by looking here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414861

That might help you.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
BTW, thanks scrosler for the renewed interest. Bought the wife and evo and loved the speed, but still can't convert to droid. Ran across your kitchen and forgot how fast and smooth 6.1 is. Also, loved the look of your transparent clock rom from your kitchen. Good design never gets old.
6.1 is a work horse. Like XP is. May not be as pretty as 6.5 but gets the job done quite nicely!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development