PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-25 [ROM / Kitchen] - 'Sprint Basics 1.2' Visual Kitchen - WM 6.1 Only

question from a newb to custom ROM's.
is cooking in the programs what makes the rom run faster? otherwise i don't see the point of custom roms.
Also, can I put any cab file I want into the kitchen? or just what you have posted in there?
Last question, if yes to cab file question above, to I have to reflash everytime a newer version of a program comes out? or can i just download cab as before?

Thanks if you could answer these. I am basicly looking to speed up my stock sprint phone with mobile shell. nothing fancy, don't care if it even has tf3d.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

msvakos4589 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Ok, I downloaded the ROM again. I cant find a problem with it. Maybe your download became corrupt? You can try again. I re-posted the link to the ROM in Post #1. I am watching it boot up now. Seems fine to flash for me.

for some reason, i'm still getting that file corrupt message. Not sure why. . . version 1.1 works fine.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:05 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

now that i've downloaded your kitchen, i am still lost. is there a how to guide or kitchens for dummys i can read on how to customize it?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hi Scott,did you have a chance to play around Sense 2.5 with your kitchen?would be nice to have that as an option in your kitchen.Thanks.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
1. question from a newb to custom ROM's.
is cooking in the programs what makes the rom run faster? otherwise i don't see the point of custom roms.
2. Also, can I put any cab file I want into the kitchen? or just what you have posted in there?
3. Last question, if yes to cab file question above, to I have to reflash everytime a newer version of a program comes out? or can i just download cab as before?

Thanks if you could answer these. I am basicly looking to speed up my stock sprint phone with mobile shell. nothing fancy, don't care if it even has tf3d.
1. Yes, partly. Tweaking the ROM, which I have done in the kitchen autmatically will make it run faster as well.

2. No but you can load a cab file after you flash the ROM.
Quote:
now that i've downloaded your kitchen, i am still lost. is there a how to guide or kitchens for dummys i can read on how to customize it?
Cimply click "Load ROM" and select the only option available. Now you will see a bunch of "stuff" Ignor the core packages as you will need all of those and scroll down to the programs. Pick and choose the ones you want by double clicking. For the meantime you may want to just leave it as is. Next click create ROM and the rest will be taken care of. When the ROM is done it will bring up the RUU to flash. Flash ROM like normal and thats about it. If you have questions along the way dont hesitate to ask.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvakos4589 View Post
for some reason, i'm still getting that file corrupt message. Not sure why. . . version 1.1 works fine.
Ugh, dont know what to say man. PM me and I will upload the same ROM under a different name to see if it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
Hi Scott,did you have a chance to play around Sense 2.5 with your kitchen?would be nice to have that as an option in your kitchen.Thanks.
I tried and decided its so complicated (thats why only Cal is doing it for now in a downloadable kitchen) that it transcends what I am trying to do. I am going to keep it at sense 2.1 for now. Sorry man.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
1. Yes, partly. Tweaking the ROM, which I have done in the kitchen autmatically will make it run faster as well.

2. No but you can load a cab file after you flash the ROM.

Cimply click "Load ROM" and select the only option available. Now you will see a bunch of "stuff" Ignor the core packages as you will need all of those and scroll down to the programs. Pick and choose the ones you want by double clicking. For the meantime you may want to just leave it as is. Next click create ROM and the rest will be taken care of. When the ROM is done it will bring up the RUU to flash. Flash ROM like normal and thats about it. If you have questions along the way dont hesitate to ask.

thanks for the answers. last question (for now). can i use it without installing sense/manila/tf3d? i am not interested in using it at all.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
thanks for the answers. last question (for now). can i use it without installing sense/manila/tf3d? i am not interested in using it at all.
Yes, just deselect it in the Manila options in the kitchen.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

What's the benefit of this over the Stock Rom with the cleanup .cab?

I ask because that is just what I was about to do until I saw this. Right now Im using Calkulin's 6.5 ROM with Manila disabled and running SPB's Mobile Shell with the MobileSense 3.5.3 theme running on top of it. I figured I might as well go back to Stock and gain some speed.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
What's the benefit of this over the Stock Rom with the cleanup .cab?

I ask because that is just what I was about to do until I saw this. Right now Im using Calkulin's 6.5 ROM with Manila disabled and running SPB's Mobile Shell with the MobileSense 3.5.3 theme running on top of it. I figured I might as well go back to Stock and gain some speed.
This is much faster than stock and already cleaned up. Try it. You may or may not like it. Its all choice.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development