PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: [ROM] [02-16-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
I have been very hesitant to come back to 2.5 until I recently had to flash MightyROM WAR to make a few mods for my Blue Glow Series as my thread was filling up with requests for it. After flashing to WAR I realized how much better things have gotten. I think I may stay with 2.5 but I needed a ROM with more updates and support than WAR. Mike just does not put as much time into that project to keep everything running smooth. Then I saw the review by D/\SH and thought I would check it out. Once I came to this thread, I noticed that you are using the USCC build for your base. The Verizon build has it's issues and I was happy to see this in your ROM. Bravo Mr. X. This has been running very smoothly for me the past few hours. I have not installed anything yet. Just got everything setup the way I like and will start seeing how it performs after I load it up with a bunch of crap. After about 3 hours of using it stock, I am at about 70% RAM which is not too bad for a 2.5 ROM. As long as it has enough to handle some multitasking for a few hours, I may have found my new ROM of choice for 2.5. I look forward to developing some great themes and other various mods using your base.

Now for the negative. Really not a big deal, but one of the things I liked about previous ROMs of yours that I have seen was the more stock feel to them. Being that I enjoy creating themes, sliders, clocks, etc I like to start with a more stock base. I see the stock slider available for download and you ditched the dialer. Just thinking that it may be better to leave more of the stock look and offer the other mods as a separate download. In the end, your ROM, your choice. Still very impressive so far.

Now it is time to load it up and see how it handles the stress.
Nice to see ya here Cellguy....now make us some mods...jk...lol
Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have been very hesitant to come back to 2.5 until I recently had to flash MightyROM WAR to make a few mods for my .......

Now it is time to load it up and see how it handles the stress.

Good to see you here CellGuy. I also didn't like 2.5- slow and buggy and huge links on home screen.. but Mr X has this one perfect. I use it everyday for business use and have not had an issue that I didn't create. 2.5 I guess is new Manilla wise, so you got to be careful as you tweak that something doesn't break but I got it exactly the way I want it and will not be back to 2.1. I DO miss your blue glow stuff so get your ass to work.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Hey flyer did you post that Arcsoft you mentioned earlier that you tweaked? Care to share a link please.

Woops I Found it imagine only one page back too lol

Whos hiding the Swype 2.0?!!!!!

I'm going nuts trying to find a clock array that actually works and does not break any other function. I've gone thru the list at XDA and here and each and everyone breaks something. The most common I see is that you lose some of the landscape with any type of mod why is this?

Other than this issue I LOVE THIS ROM its ROCK STABLE I'm running at 55% and I have a boat load of stuff installed everything works as it should I'm amazed

Last edited by rjmjr69; 02-17-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My first freeze, and its landscape related, so based on last post (or 2) could be a manila tweak caused it, but can anyone check this:

1. open a spreadsheet
2. open keyboard/turn to landscape
3. zoom bar the spreadsheet in and out
4. with spreadsheet still open, hit start, and the today icon... =froze
can check mem, it's at 41%, moves down to 35%
softkeys contacts and menu show up, but it's like it's out of gas to open home screen or today screen.

if you can't duplicate it, I'll start pulling my manila mods one by one.

edit: duplicated it twice in a row after SR, and found if you close keyboard, it comes back.

Last edited by dawinkley; 02-17-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I look forward to developing some great themes and other various mods using your base.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjr06 View Post
Does anyone know about a good FM AM or Internet Radio app to use with TP2?
Thanks in advance
Select radio is a good internet radio, wunderradio is another good one that gets streams from tons of stations, many that will be local to you, but both are pay apps. You can get Select free by signing up for one of their offers and then just cancelling and they both have free trials to see how you like them before you buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
I DO miss your blue glow stuff so get your ass to work.
+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
I'm going nuts trying to find a clock array that actually works and does not break any other function. I've gone thru the list at XDA and here and each and everyone breaks something. The most common I see is that you lose some of the landscape with any type of mod why is this?
I believe you can give up the search, at least for now. I've been searching since the first release, I think it's due to the newer manila build and/or the mods that are being made. Most of the quicklinks break the clock arrays, and it doesn't appear to matter which one from what I've seen. As far as landscape, touch base with Darren as he's been using the full dusk theme and found some others and may have a fix.

On another note, anyone watching the Olympics and watch the lady do a faceplant during the downhill at about 70 mph??? insane!!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
My first freeze, and its landscape related, so based on last post (or 2) could be a manila tweak caused it, but can anyone check this:

1. open a spreadsheet
2. open keyboard/turn to landscape
3. zoom bar the spreadsheet in and out
4. with spreadsheet still open, hit start, and the today icon... =froze
can check mem, it's at 41%, moves down to 35%
softkeys contacts and menu show up, but it's like it's out of gas to open home screen or today screen.

if you can't duplicate it, I'll start pulling my manila mods one by one.
Sorry bro, can't duplicate it at all. Mem was at 66% and it was still moving smooth with no lag, landscape, profile, landscape, profile, zoom in out, in out, etc.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjr06 View Post
Does anyone know about a good FM AM or Internet Radio app to use with TP2?
Thanks in advance
i like resco radio, not free but worth the cost. use slacker app and pick your tunes. nanogroove is nice too. there are sites to stream from that you can bookmark. streamfinder ect.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Sorry bro, can't duplicate it at all. Mem was at 66% and it was still moving smooth with no lag, landscape, profile, landscape, profile, zoom in out, in out, etc.
thanks Meds... between you and YoungDC, my '3 step plan' must be sucking *ss on this. Back to original Canadian interpretation of beauty (and it is nice X, just have to lob some crap your way)

edit: yup- took them out and its running fine. Thanks for your insight.

Last edited by dawinkley; 02-17-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

forgot about this internet radio site.

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/
Old 02-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Ill give up for now... NOT lol I love the challenge I bet you do as well... lol
I just installed all them mods you posted thanks looks much better now. One question the Background for all tabs does that break the weather animation?

WHOS HIDING THE SWYPE 2.0!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development