PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23563|6.5.5}{4/24}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

I know this was asked before but I never found an answer. How do you turn off the T9 function on the keyboard? It drives me bananas!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {ROM}{23563|6.5.5}{4/24}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
I know this was asked before but I never found an answer. How do you turn off the T9 function on the keyboard? It drives me bananas!
From the SIP selection panel, go to 'Text Input Settings' and you can turn it off from there.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpucillo74 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
From the SIP selection panel, go to 'Text Input Settings' and you can turn it off from there.
Thanks but that only works for the on screen kb. I was talking about the pull out kb
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

roofus3000 is just getting started

Can anyone please help me regarding playing movies on this rom. Ive had numerous questions with no results. This is the only thing that Im having a problem with. I have a class 6 micro sd 16gb card. Why wont it play any of my movies? It plays music ok but movies are a no go. Windows media player wont even recognize these. Someone please help!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Waiting for new "Lite Release" SMS/Email handshake between SPB and WM too slow. Maybe loose the bubbles??? Everything Else TOP SHELF !!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bugsy is becoming a great contributor

How big are the Movie files and what is the format?

what happens when you try to play?

I haven't tried movies on mine at all. So I may not be too much help.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
I purchased spb mobile shell through windows marketplace. They never gave me a serial number or registration key. Only thing I can do is go back to marketplace and install the already purchased icon in marketplace. But if i install that wont it mess up what formula has done to his rom? also my videos wont play at all using this rom whereas using htc album they played perfectly. any help or suggestions on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Further testing has shown that the my album doesnt work at all. Everytime I try to go to my picture album it tries to load then it goes back to the home page. So not only does the movies don't work but the pictures wont as well. I tried loading the movies through windows media player as well but that didn't work either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
I would try to e-mail support from SPB site, there has to be a way to get your reg number. With regards to the Album thing another user stated the same thing about Album not working when launched through mobile shell, try an launch directly through the start menu native to windows use your Hardware windows Key -> Multimedia. I use TCPMP and Kinoma Play for video's can you please tell me the format or upload it and post the link so I can check it out.

I just verified for me using the latest 23563, I can open Album from the Right Lifestyle screen (also tested Camera, Camcorder and Album) These all work for me. Maybe its your storage card, I have heard that certain cached albums can cause problems, look up how to clear your HTC album Cache from your storage card this may help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
Can anyone please help me regarding playing movies on this rom. Ive had numerous questions with no results. This is the only thing that Im having a problem with. I have a class 6 micro sd 16gb card. Why wont it play any of my movies? It plays music ok but movies are a no go. Windows media player wont even recognize these. Someone please help!!!
What ever came of answering the other questions I had and Bugsy pointed out.

Here is how to clear your cache:
Start -> Tools -> Total Commander
Now with TC open, from the bottom menu choose "File" -> "Find Files"

Search for: album.cache -> OK

Search will start and when finished you should now see all items listed please delete all files and softreset your phone.

Hope this hleps.

@ Everyone Sorry about last night I left my Power Adapter at work and ran out of juice. Should be today.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
Waiting for new "Lite Release" SMS/Email handshake between SPB and WM too slow. Maybe loose the bubbles??? Everything Else TOP SHELF !!!
As said prior I will be hopefully making a cab to revert the sms layout if you do not prefer my custom setup.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpucillo74 View Post
I have noticed this myself even with t9 turned off via settings too, seems to only be with certain apps and only sometimes, weird.

Here is what I do to correct if it happens, when you start to see the t9 bubble activate your Text Input SIP menu via the right side of the SIP soft key in the middle of the screen, from the menu choose to activate the "Full Qwerty" keyboard, then if it is on T9 mode(soft key in the SIP on left) then toggle back to ABC, if it is already on ABC toggle to t9 then back to ABC. This has corrected for me everythime.

What is really wierd is that I have seen this moving betten builds only sometimes and would completly random but as I said on with certain apps (IE and other native apps).

Oh and to the user that reported about sip pop-up fix with using HW Keyboard, this is already impletented in my ROMS but it is Opera 10 that is the issue. It uses its own sip deployment policy and ignores the windows settings. There is a way to disable the auto deploy in just Opera but I like this feature as I use Swype alot.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bugsy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
What ever came of answering the other questions I had and Bugsy pointed out.

Here is how to clear your cache:
Start -> Tools -> Total Commander
Now with TC open, from the bottom menu choose "File" -> "Find Files"

Search for: album.cache -> OK

Search will start and when finished you should now see all items listed please delete all files and softreset your phone.

Hope this hleps.

@ Everyone Sorry about last night I left my Power Adapter at work and ran out of juice. Should be today.
Looking back at the album issue, I had the same problem. I found that some of my videos and images were corrupted and caused the app to crash as it was loading the previews.

Maybe try pulling all the pics off the device and launch the app to see if it will stay up. then add the images back to the album in smaller groups.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms