PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23540/6.5.5}{3/3}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {23542 beta, Stock&Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
there was a rss feed a couple days ago for the htc ereader as a stand alone cab, pretty sure here. plus someone had 300 free ebooks you could download zipped.

i really wanted to like this ROM, but the customized mobile shell just took too much memory. i am using caulkulin's custom kitchen 6.5.x titanium only (no sense) and mobile shell and getting 110mb free on start up. just flashed so don't know about longterm stability yet, but we'll see.
Depending on what Formula comes up with next, I've been considering the same. I've never cooked my own ROM, and am worried about the stability issues of 'what I don't know that I don't know'.
However, I also want the MobileSense widgest and layout that Formula has cooked in ... Plain ol Mobile Shell needs the flash that MobileSense gives it.
-Z
Old 03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: {ROM}{23540/6.5.5}{3/3}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {23542 beta, Stock&Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Depending on what Formula comes up with next, I've been considering the same. I've never cooked my own ROM, and am worried about the stability issues of 'what I don't know that I don't know'.
However, I also want the MobileSense widgest and layout that Formula has cooked in ... Plain ol Mobile Shell needs the flash that MobileSense gives it.
-Z
Yeah I tried running MS again without MobileSense just with Some Vostradomus widgets and it just doesn't compare I love the look of MobileSense even if it means it eats 40MB of RAM... I am working on a 23545 build now but having problems with MortScript, ounce I get this figured out I will put it up. I have been trying out RaidZero's kitchen, while I have taken somethings from his kitchen the 23545 build I am working on is being done with Calk's as there is alot more work with Raid's setup. Eventually I will customize to the way i want it, but its taking a while. 23545 is supposed to address memory management issues that 235xx has been having, guess we will see over the course of the day, just built the first couple build late last night.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Can anyone tell me if the vostradomus shutdown shell or reset shell scripts were working in the last beta posted?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the vostradomus shutdown shell or reset shell scripts were working in the last beta posted?
Vostradomus is working

on a side note. those missing weather animations of tf3d never fear. Touch weather is pretty amazing!

Last edited by solarflarex; 03-11-2010 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Vostradomus is working

on a side note. those missing weather animations of tf3d never fear. Touch weather is pretty amazing!
Yeah i Actually like it better, i was thinking of cooking it in what do you think? Or best to leave as a cab install?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Up to you... it does work as a free version with fancy cool graphics... On your last beta the storage on the device is nearing the 100meg mark. This is starting to get a bit low, because even as you install stuff to storage many things still store stuff on the device. (temp files etc..) depends on the software i guess..

Hard call on that one, I like installing it to my sd card to minimize taking up device space. It installs at 5megs of space so it is significant storage space. The registration for this software is only $4.99 right now too for any interested in getting it cheaper than normal.

So i had the wierd volume problem again, cept i noticed how it happened and how to correct it. I opened the keyboard doing something and the phone shut off. I had the headphones plugged in at this point and when it restarted i lost all sound. I couldn't get sound back even after soft reset until i:

Pulled battery and powered up with headphones unplugged.

now everything is ok again...

Last edited by solarflarex; 03-12-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any time line on a new release? I'm still very much enjoying most of this ROM, but I have been having 1 to 3 lockups a day. Of course this is my business phone, so that's not a good thing. Problem is, I have really don't have a clue what's causing it. I can't find anything in 'common'.
There also seems to be some weirdness with the battery driver. When I'm on the road and charging via car, it sometimes wont charge.
As I've said in previous posts, I'm really digging MobileShell with MobileSense and think that's where I'm going to stay for a while. The question then is would it be wiser to go back to a 6.5 build for stability or stick with the 6.5.X builds? I don't think the start menu matters to me, but I have become quite fond of xTask.

Just thinking out loud.
-Z
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

gemilove is a n00b

I need help!
first of all, i love this rom! (currently on ...42beta)

one issue i have is though, somehow my calendar date is one day off on not all, but some of the appointments: eg-my outlook's wed appt is on the tues, and sun-mon "2-day appt" shows up on sat-sun.

the other issue is that some appts just don't show up at all on the phone calendar.
(for this one, it doesn't show on my PI8 nor Formula's Agenda, but strangely shows on Formula's 30day calendar...)

i also had a minor sound issue but have to see a little further bef reporting to u all.

Yes, i "flash-danced" by going to the stock ROM and flashing back to this rom.
-& btw, this happened w formula's ...40 rom also.
-im on sprint.

thanks for your help.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Yeah the last beta release isn't very stable after a day or two. I'm up for a new flash! hehehe
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Any time line on a new release? I'm still very much enjoying most of this ROM, but I have been having 1 to 3 lockups a day. Of course this is my business phone, so that's not a good thing. Problem is, I have really don't have a clue what's causing it. I can't find anything in 'common'.
There also seems to be some weirdness with the battery driver. When I'm on the road and charging via car, it sometimes wont charge.
As I've said in previous posts, I'm really digging MobileShell with MobileSense and think that's where I'm going to stay for a while. The question then is would it be wiser to go back to a 6.5 build for stability or stick with the 6.5.X builds? I don't think the start menu matters to me, but I have become quite fond of xTask.

Just thinking out loud.
-Z
I will never drop 6.5.5, i love it. That said i should have €23547 build dropping today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms