PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Yellowman1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3.11.10] [SPRINT LOVER'S ROM] |Windows Mobile 6.5 | Build 21884 | Organized Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
Yes. I am working on getting a kitchen in order and then I will clean/tweak everything up for you guys
You just answered the question that had been on my mind all day since I flashed to the official 6.5 rom. I like your rom better, just as stable as the official rom IMO (I have flashed back to your 3/11/10 rom, I like the organization and simplicity better than the stock 6.5).

Thanks for all your hard work!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [3.11.10] [SPRINT LOVER'S ROM] |Windows Mobile 6.5 | Build 21884 | Organized Menu

Guys just an update. I have a kitchen made and have made some some progress already: Changes so far:
+ HTC Task Manager w/drop down menu
- Sprint Startup GIF
+ Added HTC Startup / HTC Shutdown GIF's
+ Wi-Fi Router
+ Office Mobile 2010
- Old Evdo / Battery / Signal Strength Icons
+ Added newer taskbar Icons
+ Updated Notifcation Manager
+ Added Sprint Menu Folder
+ Reorganization of Start Menu Items
- Bing Search
- Old Marketplace
+ New Marketplace (SD Card Install option)
- Stock Phone Canvas
+ Original Phone Canvas
+ Many more to come....

I will periodically updating this thread so keep checking....I am figuring a few days until a release.

Last edited by chris1683; 03-20-2010 at 09:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Hi, Chris. Here's a little something. I have run a program called Pocket E-Sword since my first iPaq in 2002. The latest version runs on the stock ROM and your ROM's up to and including your 3.4.10 ROM. Any idea? I wonder if .NET CF 3.5 might be the culprit. This program is a reader program that requires the installation of SQLCE in order for the program to recognize the reference files. Thanks for the ROM's, Chris. Very nice job.

matt

Edit: Sorry it was late. I forgot to say that this program is not running. It says it can't find the bibles/reference books. This usually only happens if the sqlce hasn't been installed, yet. Thanks for any help.
@livejazz

I run this program too and it runs fine on my TP2 (I'm running the 3/11/10 rom now, but it worked fine when I ran the 3/4/10 & the 3/9/10 roms). What you need to do is locate where the bible files are located on your sd card (if they are located there, if not, you will need to re-download your bible files and save the files themselves on to your sd card, this way you never lose them again, even when you hard reset your phone). Once you know where the bible files are located, next time you open Pocket e-sword, navigate to where the bible files are located (which more often than not is another folder called "Pocket e-Sword" again) and it should pick the files from there. You do need to instal SQLCE on your sd card (if that's where you have installed Pocket e-Sword) before Pocket e-Sword will find and display the bibles.
ps: The Pocket e-sword and SQLCE cabs have been updated sometime ago, I hope those are what you are running? If not, here are the updated cab files and the bible files I use in a zip file. Extract the zip file to the root of your sd card in to a folder called "Pocket e-sword" (I believe this will be done for you automatically), instal the 2 cab files in there on to your sd card, run Pocket e-sword, navigate to the "Pocket e-sword" on the root of your sd card to find the bible files, voila, you should be all set. if you have any other issues PM your contact number and I'll call you to walk you through it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pocket e-Sword.zip (8.31 MB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Thanks, Yellowman, for the help. I have never been stumped like that in all these years I have run this program through all these windows mobile upgrades, etc. Turns out that, for some odd reason, all of the .bbl/.cmt/.dct files got corrupted when I changed their location on the storage card. I simply reloaded them from my hd. Thanks alot for the response, though.

matt
Old 03-20-2010, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: smart telecom indonesia

febry is a n00b

is there a way to add a clock on top right of the screen?
Old 03-20-2010, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by febry View Post
is there a way to add a clock on top right of the screen?
In Start>Settings>All Settings>Clocks & Alarms you can select to display the clock in all windows.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Chris, while you are making the stock rom better (& showing Sprint how to do the job right, ), can you remove Opera 9.7 and replace it with Opera 10? & also upgrade Google to 4.0? Oh, and also map the right soft key on the Today home screen to "Lock" instead of "Menu" as it is now? (Ok, I know that last one seems to be a weird one that's particular to me, but I need to be able to lock my phone from the today screen. I'll take a cab for that, just like last time, ).
If I think of anything more I'll let you know. Thanks.
ps: Just thought of another one, can you increase the number of shortcut links to as many as possible (definitely more than the 6 or 9 that Sprint has available on the Today home screen of the stock 6.5). Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
Chris, while you are making the stock rom better (& showing Sprint how to do the job right, ), can you remove Opera 9.7 and replace it with Opera 10? & also upgrade Google to 4.0? Oh, and also map the right soft key on the Today home screen to "Lock" instead of "Menu" as it is now? (Ok, I know that last one seems to be a weird one that's particular to me, but I need to be able to lock my phone from the today screen. I'll take a cab for that, just like last time, ).
If I think of anything more I'll let you know. Thanks.
ps: Just thought of another one, can you increase the number of shortcut links to as many as possible (definitely more than the 6 or 9 that Sprint has available on the Today home screen of the stock 6.5). Thanks again.
I will most likely leave Opera 9.7 installed. Users can always install Opera 10 at their leisure and just choose not to make it the default browser. I am still maintaining my "stock" theme and trying to remove and clean up all of the unnecessary junk Sprint installed and make sure that everything funcitons properly. Definitely made some good progress so far. Let me know if the Lock CAB I made on the 2nd post works for this manila version.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I will most likely leave Opera 9.7 installed. Users can always install Opera 10 at their leisure and just choose not to make it the default browser. I am still maintaining my "stock" theme and trying to remove and clean up all of the unnecessary junk Sprint installed and make sure that everything funcitons properly. Definitely made some good progress so far. Let me know if the Lock CAB I made on the 2nd post works for this manila version.
The Lock .cab does work in all of your roms (3/4/10, 3/9/10/ 3/11/10) but it does not work on the stock 6.5 rom (that was the first thing I tried after I installed the rom and saw the right soft key mapping to "Menu"). That was part of the reason I switched back to your rom.
Ok with Opera 10, I'll install that myself and set it (or Skyfire) as the default browser and just hide the icon for Opera 9.7.
Thanks for all your hard work. If you need a tester for anything, just PM me and I will do it. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
The Lock .cab does work in all of your roms (3/4/10, 3/9/10/ 3/11/10) but it does not work on the stock 6.5 rom (that was the first thing I tried after I installed the rom and saw the right soft key mapping to "Menu"). That was part of the reason I switched back to your rom.
Ok with Opera 10, I'll install that myself and set it (or Skyfire) as the default browser and just hide the icon for Opera 9.7.
Thanks for all your hard work. If you need a tester for anything, just PM me and I will do it. Thanks.
I will look into making a new CAB for the Lock shortcut for the new 6.5 with Sense.

UPDATE: CAB posted in second post to change you left manila softkey to Lock.

Last edited by chris1683; 03-20-2010 at 04:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
1hr 2min clock flip