PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:55 AM
BrandyB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] T-Mobile ROM for Sprint Touch Pro 2 Phones ~ WM 6.5 21889

I'm still kicking the tires on my Verizon TP2, but after a little confusion on my part about what things I needed to flash before I could load this ROM, I've got it installed and it looks and works beautifully.

A few things from my experience that might help someone else:
1) I had my phone SIM unlocked just after I bought it, but not using the Olinex tools. As a result, the whole process of trying to flash the World Unlocked radio kept causing me big issues. The long and the short of it: I didn't need to do the radio part or the SIM unlock part, because those things were already taken care of for my phone and I was already able to use the GSM network for calls. I made sure I had a working stock ROM and radio for Verizon, ran Hard SPL, and then was able to install this ROM without further incident.
2) As of right now, calls and SMS are working just fine via the T-Mobile network, and data services are also good (although Opera seems to be running a bit slow). I'm not able to get MMS to work yet; from what I've read, this seems to be a persistent problem with Verizon and Sprint TP2s on T-Mobile. I'm also still working to get Visual Voicemail up and running; again, because of difficulty getting my Verizon phone to talk to all of T-Mobile's services, I've had to take this off and put it back on my account to try and get it properly set up. I hope that this ROM will make it easier to work that out finally.
3) In general, I love the clean, simple look and the selection of apps. Things I don't see that I'd love to get back in a supplemental CAB: WorldCard for scanning business cards and Twitter/HTC Peep. If anyone knows how I could get my hands on those, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the ROM; I'm getting ever closer to a new, happily customized phone!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (USC)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Kevinik is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Anyone got the latest T-Mobile My Account cab like the one in this ROM or better? Cause the one I have doesn't tell you the texts used.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

MegumiKurama is a n00b

Hey I wanted to do this to my old sprint touch pro 2 for my boyfriend (because he has t-mobile and a shite phone) however I dont want to tell him about it untill I give it to him is it possible to flash the rom without the sim card in it? (I have a cdma carrier instead but im no novice to flashing since I use metro pcs and cricket) but I've never done any work with GSM phones... any suggestions would be helpful! thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

This link is down on the OP. Anyone have a copy of this Rom on their PC?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2 sprint
Carrier: reliance cdma

wasinawab is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to wasinawab Send a message via Skype™ to wasinawab

link now found pls send another link on wasinawab@hotmail.com
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

We have not been successful in finding a working link, or a copy of this Rom. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cdavis357 is a n00b

would love to run this rom no good links anywhere I notice im not the first to post this but hoping that knowing people still are wanting this it will perk some interest Thanks in advance
Old 10-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KinGanon is a n00b

Yeah seems like nearly everything for Touch Pro 2 is dead. Well the links are at least. It's a pity to see so many quality ROMs disappear because of dead links.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development